• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Archers and Arrows

Lat's post is awkward and doesn't sell me on the discs. I don't think the other 2 companies care any more about their players though, I just think they have better people managing their social media.

It's a quote from the player, who filled out a form describing their win in which they are encouraged to plug their key discs. Not everyone is a perfect public speaker/typist, nor a professional with a marketing degree.

It's a quote from the player, who filled out a form describing their win in which they are encouraged to plug their key discs. Not everyone is a perfect public speaker/typist, nor a professional with a marketing degree.

For me the way its worded was that Trilogy plastic won the tourney and Tim Barr was basically there to hold it.

I'm not saying its wrong to plug your discs, but make it more tasteful.

For me the way its worded was that Trilogy plastic won the tourney and Tim Barr was basically there to hold it.

I'm not saying its wrong to plug your discs, but make it more tasteful.

But that's my point. What you find less than tasteful about the wording is probably rooted in the fact that it was written by someone who doesn't write for public consumption on a regular basis.

Writing for the public is like speaking in public...some people have the knack and some people don't. And the fact that there wasn't someone in the middle to maybe polish things up just adds to it.

Lat is relatively new to the sponsorship game. We'll figure it out and get more polished as we get more practice. :)

But that's my point. What you find less than tasteful about the wording is probably rooted in the fact that it was written by someone who doesn't write for public consumption on a regular basis.

Writing for the public is like speaking in public...some people have the knack and some people don't. And the fact that there wasn't someone in the middle to maybe polish things up just adds to it.

Lat is relatively new to the sponsorship game. We'll figure it out and get more polished as we get more practice. :)

Fair enough, I have done writing in about every realm and copy/social media is probably my least favorite to do. The most recent post about 30 minutes ago was much improved. :thmbup:

Just so it's clear, I didn't mean to imply I'm involved with the writing on Lat's facebook page. I'm not unless (fingers crossed) they're posting about a tournament win of mine. Till then, I'm just another member of the team supporting the cause.

The discraft post was from am nats though correct? It wouldn't make sense for them to plug what discs he was using as he wasn't a sponsored played with a limited bag, just won a tourney that discraft was putting on.

I think there's a happy medium somewhere here tbh. Blantant plugs are just marketing and thats fine. Disc golf need to be more a business and sport. But.. the old days where nobody had any idea what was in top players bags and it was almost like a secret club weren't so great either. I personally really enjoy when the videographer and editors put What the player threw.

Anyone remember the DC vids with little to no content and they would just plug the crap out ta their molds?

The Lat64 "Solider" Team is all there on a trial basis. At the end of the season they are cutting the team down to just a few (10ish) who will be permanently sponsored by Lat64. When they perform well at events, they are required to post via social media about how the plastic performed for them which does three things. 1. Promote the brand (which is also required in their sponsorship contract) and 2. Gives them a better shot at making the permanent team.
3. Ensures that I won't buy any Lat, Westside, or DD plastic. Between Innova, Discraft, Vibram, MVP and Legacy I can find a disc to fill any slot in my bag, and I won't have to buy companies that annoy the piss out of me.

3. Ensures that I won't buy any Lat, Westside, or DD plastic. Between Innova, Discraft, Vibram, MVP and Legacy I can find a disc to fill any slot in my bag, and I won't have to buy companies that annoy the piss out of me.

holler. im gonna list all my westside stuff here in a minute.

When Lat 64 and the other companies are as old as Innova and Discraft are now, let's see how their marketing is. When they have been around 20+ years, then let's do some judging. I am not going to knock any fairly new company for their marketing. In the first 10 years of existence, they are still trying to stay alive.

nonsense pmatt. anyone who has played the game knows that any player could use brand a or brand b with equal success. if brand b's marketing rubs you the wrong way theres nothing wrong with calling it out.

exactly. I have used what some would call "crap" molds with tons of success. Hell I learned how to throw BH with a monarch and groove :|

All DG arrows fly'

I never said that the same player could not win after changing companies. It just sounded like they posted what the player said in a interview. Even if it was what Lat wanted him to say. I would be "plugging" all my sponsors if I was winning and being interviewed. That is how it works

I would be "plugging" all my sponsors if I was winning and being interviewed. That is how it works

except most top pros mention it at the very end just as a thanks like rolling movie credits. Not the reasoning why they won b/c of said sponsor lol

Last edited:
in this culture it comes off as contrived b/s. thats the point.

I'd rather hear about his actual round. Like did he make an impressive comeback, beat the entire field by 10+ strokes, or just played consistent golf. Maybe plug one or two important discs to his round.

I thought this was to tell everybody what brand of bow you shoot and what arrows you use!

I shoot a Bowtech bow and Easton Light Speed 3-D arrows!

I will also tell you that if you hang a disc on my target, I can put 5 out of 5 arrows in it at 70 yards. Although I would not advise that, it might not fly right when I'm done...:p

Last edited:
As much as i really do like their discs ,this mentioning of certain discs, that won you a tournament is really annoying. It is starting to feel like a religious thing. Stop worshipping your discs!