• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are There Any Only Sidearm Pros?

He throws backhand when necessary. They all do.

I don't think there's any such thing as a sidearm only pro, just as there is no such thing as a backhand only pro. Players may prefer to throw one way or another, or do so predominantly, but they don't get to the pro level without learning to at least throw competently the other way and doing so when the situation warrants it.

yeah that's pretty much what i figured .. you dont get to that level without having all the throws in your bag

Geoff was actually throwing all BH for a while IIRC, seems like he had an injury to where he couldn't throw FH.

Of course, I could be talking typing out of my a$$

Last year a forehand predominant kid stormed onto the scene - after acquiring the national amateur title, he crushed the open field at an A tier in MN beating names like Ulibarri and Leiviska and other local and traveling pros. Then he disappeared into early adult shenanigan oblivion and hasn't been heard from in the disc golf scene since. Boy that kid could crush a forehand, occasionally he'd attempt a backhand, but you could tell it was awkward and he'd much rather force a forehand.

Brian Cook can rip a mean FH but mostly he likes to spot up around the 3pt line and chuck.

cook300lal_112007.jpg

Last year a forehand predominant kid stormed onto the scene - after acquiring the national amateur title, he crushed the open field at an A tier in MN beating names like Ulibarri and Leiviska and other local and traveling pros. Then he disappeared into early adult shenanigan oblivion and hasn't been heard from in the disc golf scene since. Boy that kid could crush a forehand, occasionally he'd attempt a backhand, but you could tell it was awkward and he'd much rather force a forehand.

Raymond Oberley Jr.? He's signed up to do King in the North looks like: http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17062

There's a local pro, I doubt anybody outside of the area has heard of him, but he's exclusively FH except for putting.