• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Are you a color snob?

How picky are you about disc color? Why?

• Only bag one (maybe two) color(s) exclusively

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Only a select few (more than two) colors make the bag

Votes: 78 33.3%
  • I don't care much, but don't bag some colors ever

Votes: 106 45.3%
  • If the disc flies, its color means nothing to me

Votes: 34 14.5%

• Total voters
I throw primarily pink now, white for a few molds that I can't get or don't like in other colors.

I used to not care at all about color, but have lost some of my favorite green, yellow and orange discs in situations where I likely would have found the disc had it have not blended perfectly with the foliage.

When I first started playing, I bought all red discs. Then I realized I was an idiot because I am r/g colorblind. Switched to an almost exclusively light blue bag, but then I started doing sharpie art on my discs and the rarity of blank discs made me branch out some. Now I highly prefer white, or light blue, but I also really like grey as a color so I will occasionally buy grey, especially in putters. I try to never bag orange, though I have one orange Wrath that flies so well it's hard to get rid of.

I only carry 2 colors. Pink and blue. I'm getting older and my eyesight is getting worse. I can actually see pinks and blues in the schule. Which us where my discs usually end up. Plus it makes my bag look cool.

When I first started playing, I bought all red discs. Then I realized I was an idiot because I am r/g colorblind...
Perhaps I'm an idiot. How did you know they were red?;)

To answer the OP:
I bag any color if it flies right but prefer to buy blue, orange, pink, white or yellow.

I wonder why there are so few neon colored discs. They would be the best visible, especially when it's starting to get darker. I have one neonish yellow Star Valkyrie. I don't like the disc but the color is the best I have.

Perhaps I'm an idiot. How did you know they were red?;)

Funny story about that. When I was younger, I had a favorite red shirt for a year before I found out it was green.

But, in most cases, red looks red to me. Just not when it's hiding in green leaves and the sun is bright.

I'm very particular about color: all orange and blue. I'll rock the all orange setup in the spring and summer. When the leaves start to change color, I switch to all blue for the fall and winter. Those are the easiest colors for me to find, I never have to think about what color I throw if I have to search, and shopping for fresh plastic is much easier!

I will throw most colors i just don't like to have 2 disc of similar speeds the same color. confused a tl and an olf one time in a tourney because they were both white with red stamps and i didn't take my time looking.

I really don't mind if it looks cool athough, like everybody, I don't like looking for discs so I bag mainly bright with a few dyes

Bright discs are preferred and blue is my favorite color. Not super picky though TBH. So,color snob no. Color Glow addict, YES!

Played with a fella who threw only yellow. With some yellow/green...

Only thing worse is crystal clear. I will always help a comrade look for a disc that goes in shrubs and whatnot, but... come on.

I suppose it depends on your eyes, but most yellows are tougher to find than greens.

Dayglo is great. Some yellows are vibrant enough to pop out, but plain old Champ/Z yellow plan sucks in leafy stuff in dappled sunlight.

My faves:
Hot pink
Dayglo yellow
Bright orange
Light blue

I suppose it depends on your eyes, but most yellows are tougher to find than greens.

Dayglo is great. Some yellows are vibrant enough to pop out, but plain old Champ/Z yellow plan sucks in leafy stuff in dappled sunlight.

My faves:
Hot pink
Dayglo yellow
Bright orange
Light blue

My home course is half prairie holes and I will only throw those colors this time of year. I do have a couple bright purple in my bag right now as well.

I really like white for slow discs in base plastic. The drivers have more diversity.

when browsing a shop or vendor boxes i am drawn to and fondle random hot pink discs. two molds i throw got their starts as semi random buys with a nice hot pink triggering an impulse. otherwise exactly bogey's color list in the bag.

(noting to myself i should explore a replacement for a trusty old red star firebird i rotate in for certain courses and conditions.. flat red and red in general sucks)

My faves:
Hot pink
Dayglo yellow
Bright orange
Light blue

Light blue is a mistake in the translucent Z/Champion types of plastic. I had a Champion Valkyrie in this color and when playing courses that get more rain or have non straw grass I found it hard to find the disc in green grass. That Dayglo yellow/green is one of the best in translucent plastic outside the non swirly/marbled pink discs.

Last edited:
when browsing a shop or vendor boxes i am drawn to and fondle random hot pink discs. two molds i throw got their starts as semi random buys with a nice hot pink triggering an impulse. otherwise exactly bogey's color list in the bag.

(noting to myself i should explore a replacement for a trusty old red star firebird i rotate in for certain courses and conditions.. flat red and red in general sucks)

Red can work if you have the bright reds that are more to the raspberry/almost pink side and not the dark reds and basic reds that are more commonly found. Dark red is a really bad choice as the disc can look like some types of dirt/mud.

I don't even know what to answer, I usually consider color snobbing a bit stupid. Not dumb but in reality, many discs only fly perfect in some runs and sometimes, even colors.

If you need a certain stability or dome, but instead chooses colour, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Maybe I'm just sensitive and lucky white almost always mold up nice. :D

Attachments

• _20190626_154047.jpg
    _20190626_154047.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 9
  • _20190705_123225.jpg
    _20190705_123225.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 9
  • _20190628_220509.jpg
    _20190628_220509.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 9