• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a member of a local club?

Local Club member?

• yes

Votes: 137 68.2%
  • no

Votes: 64 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
To go along with the PDGA poll, let's see how many support the local scene.

2 clubs here. cost is around 20$/year. I'm a member of both this year.

I'm a member of two local clubs.

One public and the other private.

We work together on a lot of things though.

I was last year, but I found I just don't have enough time to dedicate to it. This year, not in.

Signed up as a lifetime member of the GCFDA (Greater Cincy Flying Disc Assoc.) a few years back even though I don't really do the tourney scene. Good dudes and they do a lot for the local courses so I was happy to join.

I joined the local club in order to play for tags.

When I lived in New England, I was a member of a wide assortment of regional and local clubs.

Yes.

*see sig.

Not a member and have a different opinion of the group than Innocent Crook

Yes, though I'm not active with the club anymore. I was a charter member (and officer) almost 20 years ago, but nowadays all I do is insert historical tidbits into online issues discussions.

I am a member of the LVDGC. They have 3 signup options (bronze, silver and gold). Bronze starts at $15 and then there is $5 for each monthly bag tag. Brings it to a total of at least $75 a year to be a member and play in each bag tag.

Yes. I'm not really "they," to be honest, I have gone out for 3 work parties over the past few years, but I'm not hyper-involved.

But I am a dues paying member of the local club. It's $25/year to support the group that maintains over a dozen quality (otherwise free) courses. No-brainer IMO, and the very least I can do.

I've never been a member of the PDGA, but I've supported the local club, http://www.wsdga.org/, through both dues and labor for about 10 years now. I see a lot more value to my involvement with the local club than I do the PDGA, but that's just me. Dues were $35/yr for a family membership (Me, wife and step son).

If one measures a "local club" by effort I'm pretty much the sole member. Although I can usually get close to having 10 man hours of help maintaining the course in a calendar year.

On the bright side I can give myself all sorts of fun titles.

President of our local club. Member of other state clubs and nefa the regional club.

I am the president of my local club and a member of another club about 1 1/2 hours away.

Latest posts