• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arroyo Disc Golf Basket

Right now the bulk order is open to anyone anywhere. We'll have to figure out the shipping details when we get to that point. I'm adding you to the tentative list...

atl scott
811rv
dstearns5
younggunlefty
Ripper
Brad

tentative: Rocaholic74, gcr russell, timothyasteele, Timko, Sadjo

I'm sorry to say that I am going to have to back out of the group buy. Something pretty major suddenly came up, and I'm not going to be able to commit to anything until I find out the financial impact. I appologize.

I'm sorry to say that I am going to have to back out of the group buy. Something pretty major suddenly came up, and I'm not going to be able to commit to anything until I find out the financial impact. I appologize.

That's ok! Just a tentative list anyway until we can get more info from Arroyo. Feel free to get back in anytime, hope everything works out for you.

tentative:
atl scott
811rv
younggunlefty
Ripper
Brad
Rocaholic74
gcr russell
timothyasteele
Timko
Sadjo

Ok I have head back from Logan at Arroyo with a little bit of information for the time being. He is still looking into specifics for us. From his email:

Right now I know for sure that you have red, black, white, yellow, green, and silver as color options. I've made sure to ask specifically about blaze orange, and purple to see if you guys have those options (I'm still pretty sure you will, or that we can get them if the powder coater doesn't have them now).

He also sent me these pictures of their initial powder coat for us to drool over...

vortexpc02.jpg

vortexpc03.jpg

vortexpc04.jpg

I like the idea of having that in black. Now that would be sweet.

I'm working on a deal right now for a full size portable and 40 discs for $225. If I can get that deal worked out, I might bail on this...even though I really want one.

i was hoping to see some fluorescent colors as a option. flr lime green and flr pink would be a high vis color scheme.

Ok I have heard more from Logan and here is the latest on color options. I can ask specifically about some you guys have mentioned. Looks like the ship date is fast arriving so we really need to get some more people interested to reach 18. Please PM me or post here and let me know if you are in for sure and let me know what colors you want on what parts of the basket.

Entire baskets can be powder coated (this included everything but the chains)
You can do different pieces in different colors, but this may increase the cost slightly based on how many people choose to use a specific color
We were quoted $12-$16 per basket for the FULL basket. There is a zone for this price because the actual price depends on what color is used, and it will probably go up a little doing multiple colors. The darker pigments are harder to make, and therefore cost a little more.
Colors the powder coater has on hand are: Black, White, Red, Green, Yellow, Silver, Blue. He can get Blaze Orange or Purple, or other requested colors, but there will be another small charge for colors he does not usually keep in stock.

So next, if you don't have any more questions for me at the moment, you should start to compile me a list of specific color designs for each person in your order so that I can make sure the powder coater has them before you guys submit your order. Anything else I can help you with or that I missed, please let me know.

Let's make this happen!

Wow. That's a really good price for powder coating. Other companies I've inquired with were asking for $100.

Is there a shipping price yet? I would like to know that before being put on a tentative list even.

Wow. That's a really good price for powder coating. Other companies I've inquired with were asking for $100.

That is the beauty of being able to gaurantee further business in the future...

I am sure your $100 quote was for a single basket?

That is the beauty of being able to gaurantee further business in the future...

I am sure your $100 quote was for a single basket?

That's also the beauty of small, local businesses. Single baskets are considerably more expensive to coat. Remember that the $12+ price is for doing 18+ at a time.

how much extra to get the chains powder coated? neon green top and basket with neon pink chains would be a nice high vis target.

Update:

Tax will only be applied to basket purchases inside of California. Individual shipping looks like it's going to be pretty expensive (over $50 under $100). We could have all the baskets shipped to one location but I don't think it would be easy to distribute them from there. I am hoping to work out some sort of deal to make it more manageable for us.

Let me know if you guys are in or out. I'll start PM-ing people next week if I don't hear anything.

Powder coating chains won't work because they are constantly striking each other and it will cause the coating to flake off.

Watch 6:45 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady6LhPxAug&feature=feedu

And also tell me that you really think that the two spit putts in the Crabtree video really were bad enough they should have spit.

Perfect shots don't make it in 100% of the time in Disc Golf.. Ill have to agree.

that is a typical spit out for Discatchers and I hate that. and DGA's have the "Slide through" spots on the right and left sides.. You can see the holes where there are no chains on them because their inner chains hang straight down.

His putt should have stuck.. he putted it dead center and it wasn't "Super fast" like others might say.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf