• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ascent a more stable Teebird?

DiscNutt123

Double Eagle Member
I need a Teebird that won't turn in a headwind. Is an Ascent what I'm looking for? Or maybe a Banshee?

I didn't think about a predator. I need more glide than a Firebird. I already throw Firebirds, just for big spikes and thumbers.

banshee would fit this bill!! The ascent is close i would say it is in between the banshee and teebird. If there is a headwind the banshee flies exactly like a tee bird. the ascent is not as stable in the wind at all.

If you need more glide than the Firebird I'm guessing Banshee. I've never thrown one. I carry a Trident for that slot, but that thing has about as much glide as an apartment building.

The banshee glides a little better then the firebird, but not much. I actually am using the trident now and it is very similar to the banshee. The banshee is easier to get farther the fade kicks in on the trident a lot sooner.

Last edited:
I love my Banshee for headwind drives. Depending on the angle you give it, it will either fly on an easy hyzer or go very straight.

The Champion Banshees seem to be more stable than the 11x Blended ones I like to throw.

For my arm the Ascent is right there with a new Teebird in turns of stability and loves a little headwind. It also stays right where it is because it won't wear and lose stability like the Teebird will.

i have a lightweight teebird and a pretty heavy ascent.. my two weights are pretty good for fighting against whatever headwind there might be...

For my arm the Ascent is right there with a new Teebird in turns of stability and loves a little headwind. It also stays right where it is because it won't wear and lose stability like the Teebird will.

I have a medium x-link Ascent that I've beaten to be much less stable. It takes a lot, but they'll eventually beat in.

The Ascent seems more like a star Eagle-X than a Teebird.

My Ascent is considerably less stable than my Trak is. Granted I have been using the Ascent for quite a while, but the Trak I have had for longer is more stable with less HST than my Ascent, so I would second the statement about the Ascent not being the disc you're looking for. I have heard a heavy Trak compared to a Teebird before, so maybe that will fit the bill for you.

You must have worn that Ascent out. My Trak has almost no fade to it while my Ascents always fade out.

The Trak I have flies more or less like an Eagle X... If I got a little more specific I would say it was an Eagle X with even a touch MORE HSS but not quite as much LSS

I've never heard 2 people with the same opinion on how the Trak flies. Seems like a very inconsistent mold...

It's a little faster, but I'd try out a PD, a flatter one if you could find it.
It's what I use when there's too much wind for a teebird but a firebird will finish too far left.

Latest posts