• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Chris Hysell the angry old Discraft Pro

keltik

* Ace Member *
For whatever reason I like old Chris. I've never met him in person but I get a kick out of his "get off my lawn" persona.

so here goes.

Chris what was the first course you played? you mentioned you played around Raleigh a lot. Kentwood? Do you throw the Nuke for everything?

:popcorn:

Hear! Hear!
popcorn2.gif

Chris, please explain some of your theories on putting in the wind.
How would you putt at 30' with r to left headwind?

How do you keep track of your ace count at this point, and are you a "retirer" or a "plenty of aces left in this beast" kind of guy?

Chris,

For those who may not know...explain how you've won so many tourneys without having a huge arm.

so are we just making ask threads and hoping whoever we are asking sees and responds? ;) is he busy?

Chris your pic on the DC site of you flicking an orange disc makes me giggle. Why is that?

it's a default user name for Halo 1 on the original xbox online system called Xbox Underground.

Mr. Heysell,
I wish to see how dilapidated your putting Challenger is. And I would also like to know if I will be seeing you at this year's Breeze & Treeze?

Hey Chris,

Why won't you answer these good peoples' queries? They have come a long way to drink from the bottomless cup that is your knowledge.

For whatever reason I like old Chris. I've never met him in person but I get a kick out of his "get off my lawn" persona.

so here goes.

Chris what was the first course you played? you mentioned you played around Raleigh a lot. Kentwood? Do you throw the Nuke for everything?

You are a nut.

The 1st course I played was probably McClean when I played Ultimate in 1982. We played with lids. In 1992 I started playing right at the end of the year and drove to Raleigh and played the Kentwood Christmas Classic.

Chris, please explain some of your theories on putting in the wind.
How would you putt at 30' with r to left headwind?

I putt with lots of touch but the intention isn't to always make the putt. The intention isn't to miss it badly. For most head winds I like to try to float the disc about 2/3 the way there. With a head wind that usually works.

How do you keep track of your ace count at this point, and are you a "retirer" or a "plenty of aces left in this beast" kind of guy?

I always write my ace on my disc after I pull it out of the basket. Really after I look through my bag and find what the last number was. At any time I may have 4 or 5 ace discs in the bag. I never retire anything.

Latest posts