• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask Disc Golf Center

I was thinking of ordering a few star destroyers in the 172-175 range, but I only want the domey "pop top" ones. How would I go about getting them?

Also, are the 167 Bottom stamp star destroyers pop top?

We made the decision to send back any "pop top" discs we receive from Innova, since the extra dome has an impact on how the disc flies. We feel that making sure our customers get a discs that will fly as advertised is the top priority. Now some do have differences in the dome, but we didn't keep any that were excessive. I don't currently have any in the regular or bottom stamp that would be what you are looking for. I don't know which retailers may have kept the "pop top" discs they received from Innova.

We made the decision to send back any "pop top" discs we receive from Innova, since the extra dome has an impact on how the disc flies. We feel that making sure our customers get a discs that will fly as advertised is the top priority. Now some do have differences in the dome, but we didn't keep any that were excessive. I don't currently have any in the regular or bottom stamp that would be what you are looking for. I don't know which retailers may have kept the "pop top" discs they received from Innova.

Interesting.

It was always my understanding that "pop tops" were a flaw in the manufacturing process, but I'd never heard it from anyone necessarily "in the know."

I'm curious: how does that return process happen? Do Innova themselves readily acknowledge that pop tops are "defective?" Do they give you any hassle on returns? Is this an ongoing issue (you having to return discs)? What percentage of discs that you receive suffer this flaw and are returned?

Just curious from a RGA sorta standpoint. I spend some of my time at work returning defective materials and dealing with all the hassles that involves. Just wondering how it works from a nuts and bolts standpoint in the dg world. :)

Thanks!

Interesting.

It was always my understanding that "pop tops" were a flaw in the manufacturing process, but I'd never heard it from anyone necessarily "in the know."

I'm curious: how does that return process happen? Do Innova themselves readily acknowledge that pop tops are "defective?" Do they give you any hassle on returns? Is this an ongoing issue (you having to return discs)? What percentage of discs that you receive suffer this flaw and are returned?

Just curious from a RGA sorta standpoint. I spend some of my time at work returning defective materials and dealing with all the hassles that involves. Just wondering how it works from a nuts and bolts standpoint in the dg world. :)

Thanks!

When we do get these types of disc in, which isn't very often, Innova accepts the return with no problem. The percentage is low enough that it isn't worth mentioning.

When we do get these types of disc in, which isn't very often, Innova accepts the return with no problem. The percentage is low enough that it isn't worth mentioning.

Again, extremely interesting. Thanks for taking the time to respond. :cool: :thmbup:

Hey wade, idk if u just got the Big Z preds and comets but u are def gonna want to advertise that on your updates on the main page of the website imo. Comets are real popular on here and i never met a pred i didnt like. That big Z plastic and stamp are sexy. I dont think people have caught on to how nice it is.

I am looking at the two First Run Stamp Polaris LS that you have.
Yellow at 171 and orange at 175.
I am interested in the relative gumminess/stiffness of the discs.
Could you fondle them for me and tell me how stiff or soft they are?
Thanks.

Hey wade, idk if u just got the Big Z preds and comets but u are def gonna want to advertise that on your updates on the main page of the website imo. Comets are real popular on here and i never met a pred i didnt like. That big Z plastic and stamp are sexy. I dont think people have caught on to how nice it is.

We have all the Big Z molds in stock and in good supply. The Predators are on the front page of the site in the Discraft section as well.

Do you ship slower because I requested free shipping?

We ship all orders the next business day, if the order is placed after 8am EST. The Free Shipping offer for all single disc orders is via the USPS Media/bulk mail service. The Free Shipping offer for all Two disc orders is via SmartPost, which starts with FedEx picking up the orders and the Post Office finishing the delivery (which is why it lists USPS as the option). Larger orders are dependent on the weight of the order and the delivery address proximity to a FedEx shipping hub, to determine the shipping method.

I am looking at the two First Run Stamp Polaris LS that you have.
Yellow at 171 and orange at 175.
I am interested in the relative gumminess/stiffness of the discs.
Could you fondle them for me and tell me how stiff or soft they are?
Thanks.

I would say they are normal Star/Sirius firmness. Flexible, but not gummy or too firm.

Any chance you'll be getting any more chiefs in soon? You are down to 6 with not much color selection and I just sent one swimming. :(