• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

ADiscand3Plates said:
Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?

Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs

zj1002 said:
ADiscand3Plates said:
Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?

Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs

Have a place for the number but no number? Yes. At least I would think so. The stamp looked very normal to me. Just missing a run number.
Stared at it a few times. Thinking a run number would magically appear.
I will inquire as to where the disc came from.

ADiscand3Plates said:
zj1002 said:
ADiscand3Plates said:

Have a place for the number but no number? Yes. At least I would think so. The stamp looked very normal to me. Just missing a run number.

It is probably the Disc Nation omega SS plate that has the run number drilled off. It should basically have an empty "run number circle" where the number should be. We keep omega blanks on hand and to stamp the Millennium stock. For various purposes we stamped some blank omegas with that no-number plate a couple times a few years ago. They are probably from the 1.27-1.31 run's, all mixed up. That no-number stamp is used because our omega stock used to contain a variety of runs, so the idea was to not stamp an old/new omega with a run number that made it more collectible/odd.

zj1002 said:
ADiscand3Plates said:
zj1002 said:
ADiscand3Plates said:

It is probably the Disc Nation omega SS plate that has the run number drilled off. It should basically have an empty "run number circle" where the number should be. We keep omega blanks on hand and to stamp the Millennium stock. For various purposes we stamped some blank omegas with that no-number plate a couple times a few years ago. They are probably from the 1.27-1.31 run's, all mixed up. That no-number stamp is used because our omega stock used to contain a variety of runs, so the idea was to not stamp an old/new omega with a run number that made it more collectible/odd.
Thanks. Even though I seem to be partial to the 24's and 25's, I may have to go back. Every SS deserves a good home. And there are plenty around. He'll have plenty of company.

Hwicha said:
So, Aries is out soon. Not exactly a disc we were looking for but should be fun. Would be interesting to see how different it is to Astra. Anyone sits on inside info?
??? anyone???

Mamba/TD2/Aries...different plastics...Innova tossing them bones....Quasar/Boss, Scorpius/Destroyer, Astra/Archon. Last unique Millennium drivers were Orions.

Hey Stringbean, off subject, but I decided to give the Super Stingray a try. You may recall we talked about it awhile back in a midrange thread. You were right, it's a sweet disc! Much more neutral and straighter than the original Stingray. And yes, it can handle moderate winds. Very easy to throw, more so than even a Mako 3 or Buzzz SS. Nice glide and good range.

It will replace my Opto Fuse and slot in alongside my Wasp. Thanks for the tip, if that's what it was.

Loving my Aries. Thought it would replace my Mamba, but it's sufficiently different that I don't think I can do the same things with it. Just going to be course and wind dependent.

Aries review.
All is IMHO.

I tested 2 X 165 gr. and 2 X 175 gr. brain new yellow Sirius Aries.
Conditions: Warm, light breeze.

The 175 discs were like a very-very long Polaris, although Polaris has just a bit more stability I think. It was amazing how far the disc went without me pushing it very hard. A great glide, even when thrown low. Not that easy to flip the 175 disc. But that might be to the fact that I am not a strongest thrower.

The 165 has a great glide. When you push it hard enough it flips right with a next to nothing chance to come back. I like how the turn starts quite late in the flight, really handy on the longer right-turning holes.

As the result Astras are out from my bag and the Aries are in.

I've never touched an Omega but am looking into getting one. Millenium is hard to find in the Milwaukee area though.. I just preordered a Hyzer Bomb Veteran, hoping it will complement my M-JLS.

Also got a San Marino Sentinel (base plastic) in the mail yesterday. How quickly do these beat in? Do they maintain their high speed stability and lose low speed fade? Or do they transition to more of an S flight?

Latest posts