• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

I put four discs thru a Rose Pink Rit dye last year. All four were Sirius plastic. The longest bath came out a deep pink (not purple). The shortest bath came out a very bright pink with a cloudy pattern. I will post a picture or two if my kids will help.

Why bright pink drivers. I've decided bright pink is the easiest color to see year round. Every season here in the Cincy area. White drivers simple don't work in the winter. And I don't see either red or blue very well.

Edit. I went back and look at Fritz's driver. My darkest disc MIGHT be a shade darker than his. Also, the dye doesn't screw with Zac's artwork.

somewhere i saw a rit recipe where for hot pink it called for some pink dye plus some yellow dye.

I've got a pink Polaris (1.19) and that sucker is the bomb!
Not only do I like the visibility of hot pink discs (I am secure in my manhood), but I throw a Polaris so that is a double score for me!

cmlasley said:
Fritz said:
I've dyed pink like that before. You just have to leave it in the mixture longer.]

Which color or colors of Rit did you use? When I leave it in to try to get the nice saturation, I end up with purple. That was with Rit 12, "Fuchsia." I've not tried Rit 7, "Rose Pink," but I intend to.

Just to get this back on topic, I love Millenium discs. The SOLF is beautiful.

Mine was done with Rose Pink, 10 minutes in the water rit bath. Fully submersed.

Interesting conversation...

The problem or me is that for some reason Millennium does not make yellow discs lighter then 170 gr. I got light yellow 164 dr. from Warehousedude and he said that out of 1200 discs in stock tit was the only yellow and it was made by mistake.
I wonder if SMF exists in yellow at all. I have seen pink, white and of course orange, heard about green/blue, but not yellow. I have an orange SMF and it looks like orange was mixed with yellow.

Anyway... just a request, if you have'em, let me know, please.

PS: Lost my favorite QMS 2 days ago, first lost disc in 2 years, still upset, even thou I alway buy 2 disc of kind and have it's twin brother. But it was such a lifesaver, sweet sweet gummy yellow QMS from an older run. :-(

ADiscand3Plates said:
I put four discs thru a Rose Pink Rit dye last year. . . .

Thanks for the reply.

Fritz said:
Mine was done with Rose Pink, 10 minutes in the water rit bath. Fully submersed.

Thanks for the reply.

mark12b said:
somewhere i saw a rit recipe where for hot pink it called for some pink dye plus some yellow dye.

If you see that again, please post it or PM me. Now I just have to go get some Rose Pink.

SMF are all orange(except in the 150 class)....The 150 class seems to have the best color ranges for some reason...The lightest SOLF 1.2 in yellow is( 171) unless you want a 150 class(then we have yellow)...most on the 1.1's are gone...what is still around is white...We have been shipping yellow 170-75 1.2 's for about a month(so I know they are out there)...Try www.teamjusticediscgolf.com ...put your color request in notes and I will try and take care of your color needs...of course the free shipping will not apply to Europe :wink: [/url]

There are TONS of yellows in lower weights -- just maybe not the specific runs/weights you want. SOLS 1.1 was a 3-color run, with only whites and orange in the sub-170 ranges (if memory serves). The 1.1 SOLF had yellows, but for that disc (like most drivers) the 170-175 sells probably more than double the 169-150 ranges combined... so there are fewer discs/colors run in sub-170. If you can get past the single gram difference, there are plenty of 170g 1.1 and 1.2 SOLF and SOLS out there.

Sirius Sentinel MF was only run in hunter orange, except for the 150's. Honestly I think Innova goofed that one, because I saw the production order and it wasn't all orange.

Those golden gummy QMS are still in stock -- lots of places should have them. I have a hefty stash of 180g golden gummy QMS :)
(In fact I was just in the W-House compusively spinning some goldies... might add something like that to your TeamJustice order ;) )

THANK YOU!

The order is in.

ZAMson said:
Sirius Sentinel MF was only run in hunter orange, except for the 150's. Honestly I think Innova goofed that one, because I saw the production order and it wasn't all orange.

How often does the production order goes in? Who knows, may be next time they will do it right.... for a change :)

whenever we need discs run :) (several thousand, that is)
no set schedule, just whatever is close to running out. you're gonna have to turn a whole lot of friends on to the SMF before you see a yellow one! :lol:

(the SMF that i chucked onto the warehouse roof the day they arrived has now bleached to a nice neon yellow... only took a year of texas sun!)

As someone who brought disc golf to my country I am trying hard to turn all who play DG in Russia to Millennium. But INNOVA is very aggressive in advertising (through leading golfers etc) and, to be honest, in availability so it is not that easy.

Though I have to say that Millennium midrange discs are popular in Russia.

cmlasley said:
mark12b said:

If you see that again, please post it or PM me. Now I just have to go get some Rose Pink.

here you go, there are a few pinks here... i guess it was actually the "shocking pink" (rose + fuschia) that i was thinking of trying.

http://www.ritdye.com/Color+Recipes.22.lasso

mark12b said:
cmlasley said:
mark12b said:

here you go, there are a few pinks here... i guess it was actually the "shocking pink" (rose + fuschia) that i was thinking of trying.

http://www.ritdye.com/Color+Recipes.22.lasso

Thank you. I hadn't thought to check the Rit site.

I saw a disc in the store today and wondered if someone could help me ID it. It's a Purple-ish Bar Stamped Q-Mega with a rainbow stamp. Would this be a CE Omega? It's marked at 16.99, I almost bought it just because it looked cool.

If you know what the disc is what could I expect it to fly like compared to a KC pro aviar?

that's a CE Q-Mega, aka Q-Mega Proto... going trade value is $20-35

it flies like a Sirius Omega... it'll handle more torque than an Aviar P/A and it'll have a fade at the end. it will not be as high-speed or low-speed stable as a KC Aviar. if anything, it might fly like a very beat KC.

of the several guys i know who own one or more of these (i've got 3 8) ), none of us have them in the bag or seek out more for throwing. they aren't different enough from readily available Omegas. no Team member throws them, that i know of.

ZAMson said:
no Team member throws them, that i know of.

I don't throw them.

I like the feel and flight of the Clear Q-mega, imo they have the perfect stiffness. And actually I carry 1 Clear 175g Q-mega , 1 Pearl/Milky 160g Q-mega, 1 Sirius Omega 175g, 1 Omega SS 174g.

The light Omega is a jump putter.

I have been throwing the Polaris LS for some time with much success. As reference, I use it as my fairway driver, both forehand and backhand. It runs very straight and I can get great distance out of it as well.

I have three questions, so please forgive me:

1. Why do so few people use them (I would assume it is the because of the JLS which I have used but seems to S more for me)?

2. The newer runs, specifically 1.18 and 1.19 which I throw, seem to have more grip than earlier ones - almost like Sirius discs. Is a different plastic or mix being used?

3. Is there a possibility of the Polaris LS being run is Sirius plastic? I assume the answer is no, due to question #1.

Again, I am a real fan of the disc and couldn't imagine replacing it - it is so versatile.

Thanks!

1. I actually see quite a few people carrying these... maybe half the number I see with some kind of JLS. I think they are so similar to the JLS that most people opt for the greater distance of the JLS. The main marketing angle on the Polaris is that it's more accurate than the JLS, because it glides less, and I would agree with that. I think the owner considers it the most precise MILL driver. At the weekly game of MILL staff, about half of us carry a Polaris of some kind. Several Team members carry the Polaris, including Lesli Demark.

2. The modern blend of M plastic does feel a lot like Sirius -- in fact we had to kill a few Polaris 1.17 to make sure that it wasn't Sirius. The three newest runs (1.17 - 1.19) are really nice plastic, and all of the latest runs of M are that same plastic. The blend is slightly different, as Innova had to find materials to replace ingredients that were no longer available. Probably the exact same Pro blend you'll find in newer Pro drivers like Wraith and Destroyer.

3. I doubt there would be a Sirius Polaris LS in the future, but I could be wrong. We haven't discussed it. There was a run of Quantum Polaris back around 2003, but it had a very limited release as a tourny disc, and was never released as a stock product. Coming up in a matter of weeks, probably, there is going to be a limited edition fundraiser for Waterloo Disc Golf Club in Austin -- it's the original Quantum Polaris LS with a custom Waterloo stamp that I designed. The Q-Polaris is made with the "final run" blend of CE plastic, that looks like translucent Champ/Q plastic, and is fairly grippy. The Waterloo disc will be distributed through DiscNation.com

Latest posts