• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

ZAMson said:
3. I doubt there would be a Sirius Polaris LS in the future, but I could be wrong. We haven't discussed it. There was a run of Quantum Polaris back around 2003, but it had a very limited release as a tourny disc, and was never released as a stock product. Coming up in a matter of weeks, probably, there is going to be a limited edition fundraiser for Waterloo Disc Golf Club in Austin -- it's the original Quantum Polaris LS with a custom Waterloo stamp that I designed. The Q-Polaris is made with the "final run" blend of CE plastic, that looks like translucent Champ/Q plastic, and is fairly grippy. The Waterloo disc will be distributed through DiscNation.com

I have a couple of these QPLS and I love them. The only reason I don't keep them in the bag, is the exact thing Zam just said, I opt for the distance of the SJLS, however, I'm actually considering bringing them back into my bag for a couple holes at Palisade. We'll see.

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.

I noticed as well that I achieved greater distance, be it minimal, with the JLS. I guess being slower, it makes sense that the LS would fly on a straighter line. As you noted with the "new" plastic, it has a great grip. I definitely love the durability and feel of it.

It is also nice to get affirmation that others throw and appreciate it. I will have to check out Disc Nation when the Q Polaris comes in. I'd love to have one.

Thanks again!

eg37167 said:
Yeah, can someone a;ert us when those Q Polaris discs go up for sale, I would love to snag one, too...
sure thing. here's a mockup:

waterlooqlshz1.jpg

Hwicha said:
and it's yellow!
it's a computer-generated fake disc with photoshopped stamp and plastic color 8)

if you could see the hi-res version of my fake disc file, the factory lettering has my PDGA# and reads "Patently Fake by ZAM"

however, there are yellow Q-LS. if i remember correctly, i've got a 166g yellow one with the old tourny stamp.

i hear the Waterloo Q-LS should be in within 2-3 weeks :D

ZAMson said:
Hwicha said:
and it's yellow!
it's a computer-generated fake disc with photoshopped stamp and plastic color 8)

if you could see the hi-res version of my fake disc file, the factory lettering has my PDGA# and reads "Patently Fake by ZAM"

however, there are yellow Q-LS. if i remember correctly, i've got a 166g yellow one with the old tourny stamp.

i hear the Waterloo Q-LS should be in within 2-3 weeks :D

I have a Yellow 168g Q-LS as well as an Ice Clear one.

JerryH said:
Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.

I noticed as well that I achieved greater distance, be it minimal, with the JLS. I guess being slower, it makes sense that the LS would fly on a straighter line. As you noted with the "new" plastic, it has a great grip. I definitely love the durability and feel of it.

It is also nice to get affirmation that others throw and appreciate it. I will have to check out Disc Nation when the Q Polaris comes in. I'd love to have one.

Thanks again!

Maybe this is just a good excuse to try a 1.2 SOLS :D

What is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Millennium-Innova-CE-Omega-Aviar-174g-Disc-Golf-RARE_W0QQitemZ300244866291QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20851QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I believe you! Though to be exact it, says "CE Millennium/Innova Omega/Aviar". Nothing that it is a Proto and it is a Proto to Qmega. 8)

But thanks!

PS. Are you allowed to Play proto-discs in a tournament?

Has there ever been, or will there ever be, a Millennium-plastic Sentinel?

I've been messing around with a Q Sent in my overstable mid slot (for big fade/skips or winds that my Flat-top Rocs won't hold up to), and I'm diggin it so far....but having one in base plastic that I could beat up a little would be awesome.

If not, does the S Sent change flight characteristics much with use?

M Sent is out there... first one released. They're a little scarce in our supply these days but they should be scattered around with dealers.

The M-Sents that I've seen and all the S-Sents are more domey than the flat Q-Sents. So the S-Sent starts less stable than the Q, but stays at that stability pretty well. The Q in my bag is beat straighter, so the S flies like that one out of the box. The domey feel is different though, if you're used to a flat (San Marino) Q-Sent.

The San Marinos are a CE blend and flattened more than the mold is supposed to .... $$$ stable

The Q Sent i have right now is def one of the flatter ones. I originally picked it up because it's the closest thing to a premium plastic Flat-top Roc (my mid of choice) that I've found. I want to try an all-Mill bag soon, and I'm just trying to figure out which mids I need (already got the SOLF, SOLS, EXP). Sounds like I should track down a M and an S Sentinel and give them a toss.

I tried the QMS last year for a month or so, but just couldn't get a feel for it...I'll probably give that one another shot (probably try the other plastics too) to be fair.

My bag right now is mostly:
Star Orc
Star Teerex (when I need just a touch more stability than the Orc)
SOLS
Champ Teebird
Star Firebird
Flat-top Rocs (4 beaten to all stages of wear)
Champ Whippet
KC Aviars (1 stiff white, 2 soft black)

I'm thinking my all Mill bag will be:
SOLF/QOLF
SOLS
JLS (not sure which plastic would be closes to the champ TB's stability)
EXP
Sentinels (gonna try all 3 plastics if I can get my hands on them)
**don't know what will fill the Whippet's spot**
Omega (AP is the stiff one right? Probably try that and the Q or S plastic too)

What do you millennium throwers think of that set-up? Suggestions?

Rusty, I would keep the Firebird in your bag.

Question-

Is this the stamp for the latest run of QJLS?

ccef_1.JPG

Jerrod said:
Rusty, I would keep the Firebird in your bag.
i carry stable/overstable Innovas as utility discs... teebird, firebird, rhyno. most of my shots are the MILL stuff (the bag you listed) and only in some conditions will the utility stuff come out. mainly i know the MILL molds much better, and their overstable versions are near-family molds.... Teebird/JLS very similar, FX/OLF very similar, Pro Rhyno is like a stable SuperSoft.

Is this the stamp for the latest run of QJLS?
not exactly. that stamp is on several mixed runs dating back a few years (but stamped in the last year)... some cloudy and some translucent. the latest run is numbered 1.6, and the number is in a circle below the S of QJLS. the 1.6's were run just a few months ago. not very dissimilar at all to ones with the old and new stamp. nice and grippy though, as i remember. the 1.6's should have been shipping out in most if not all weights for the last few months.

Latest posts