• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

ZAMson said:
it's the factory engraving on the bottom of all Innova discs .... the Sanny has engraving with the San Marino location info, and the WWW only has web address info, no city.

swing and a miss from that vendor. gosh darn it.

ZAMson said:
Solbo said:
Ok, I have a san marino one, I am looking for the freakish CE ones then.
san marino = CE = freakish

sanny is the $$

I currently have one. That I bought recently ~ 3-4 months now.

Its slightly domey.

It says San Marino on the back.

Mine is Champ Plastic, not CE. That's for sure.

My buddy has one that is CLEARLY CE plastic, WAY different than mine.

I am looking for that.

i see what you're sayin. there's some variation in that run too. what weight is yours?

i really don't remember seeing any non-opaque(ish) and flat 170-180g .. the lighter they are the domier, like a 165 is way domey.

noticed - slightly domey - that's something that could happen across any weights. i have a 180g that i'd call slightly domey for that disc. my $$ flats are 177-180 yellow. only yellow and white/clear in that run. there are $$ flat whites too.

a dense CE-ish one would be opaque yellow or white, and probably near max-weight

I see what you are saying now.

My buddy bought his 3 years ago, it feels so nice, super flat top and roc rim. It's like the perfect q sent..

he does throw max weight, so that's probably what it is.

A buddy of mine gave me a 174 Sirius Aurora MS at our local mini last night and I threw it alongside my Ching Rocs on a few holes. The one I was throwing was a first run and had a pretty high dome...is that normal for the SMS? I used to have a gummy QMS that was much flatter, and i'm just wondering if there are any flat runs of the SMS out there...

btw - loved the flight of that SMS...just like the mag ad says, very little fade. I haven't thrown any 100% power shots with it yet, but I'm guessing it will roll over a bit at high speeds, just like the Ching Rocs that it took me months to beat in :D

only 1 run of SMS so far, domey across all weights -- no flats.

same thing as the Sentinel... if you look at a base plastic one, they'll be domey like that. most of the QMS runs came out flatter than the mold. the stiff translucent QMS are the domiest, with CE and gummies having equal flatness potential. my flattest MS is a gummy Q... even has a raised dimple, the plate sank so much.

it'll definitely roll over if you muscle it. speed-sensitive like most of the MILL discs. but putting it on an anny line at the right speed will fly better than an overpowered flat-flip.

make sure you remove the bottom flashing from the SMS. it's a really pleasant disc afterwards. same issue/part as Star Shark -- just about the worst/sharpest flashing of any mold Innova has.

but... agreed, the SMS is a winner.

thanks for the info Zam. I really liked the stiffness of the SMS - i was really hoping that there was a run of stiff and flat MS out there somewhere, but it sounds like I'll have to pick one or the other. How is the CE QMS on flatness/stiffness?

ZAMson said:
RustyP said:
How is the CE QMS on flatness/stiffness?
best of both worlds... moderately flat, moderately stiff
i think the SMS are stiffer than the CE

I agree. The SMS is stiffer but the CE just feels great. Those things are dead straight once seasoned.

Steady 26542 said:
ZAMson said:
RustyP said:
How is the CE QMS on flatness/stiffness?
best of both worlds... moderately flat, moderately stiff
i think the SMS are stiffer than the CE

I agree. The SMS is stiffer but the CE just feels great. Those things are dead straight once seasoned.

hmmm...now i just need to find one i can afford. Dynamic Discs ebay store has x-outs for $22...might grab one of those. Otherwise, trade section here I come!

RustyP said:
hmmm...now i just need to find one i can afford. Dynamic Discs ebay store has x-outs for $22...might grab one of those. Otherwise, trade section here I come!
the CE QMS in my bag is an x-out from DD :)

the two i got from rusco have insignificant dips in the wing. they fly perfect, the dips don't affect the flight at all. i showed it to the guys who worked the warehouse back then, and they said there are plenty of non-xouts with flaws just as bad. CE in that large of a mold just didn't fill up reliably.

I have a base plastic 164 Aurora that has been great for my game (shows exactly how I threw it), and low branch protected approaches in particular. I've been switching to a 178 soft plastic Shark on windy days (already had it) but would like a beefier Aurora if possible to minimize molds.

Anything different in shape/stability between base/Sirus I should consider? I know it mattered in Orions, just not assuming.

Thanks