• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

I got my yellow CE QMS today. Is there anything sweeter then this disc!?
LOVE IT! Any money for one more!

ZAMson said:
only 1 run of SMS so far, domey across all weights -- no flats.

same thing as the Sentinel... if you look at a base plastic one, they'll be domey like that. most of the QMS runs came out flatter than the mold. the stiff translucent QMS are the domiest, with CE and gummies having equal flatness potential. my flattest MS is a gummy Q... even has a raised dimple, the plate sank so much.

it'll definitely roll over if you muscle it. speed-sensitive like most of the MILL discs. but putting it on an anny line at the right speed will fly better than an overpowered flat-flip.

make sure you remove the bottom flashing from the SMS. it's a really pleasant disc afterwards. same issue/part as Star Shark -- just about the worst/sharpest flashing of any mold Innova has.

but... agreed, the SMS is a winner.

ZAMson,

What is the best way to remove the flashing? I like the flight of the SMS, but it kills my fingers on release for that very reason. Use sand paper, a knife, ...?

JerryH said:
What is the best way to remove the flashing? I like the flight of the SMS, but it kills my fingers on release for that very reason. Use sand paper, a knife, ...?
personally I use sandpaper -- first a fine grit to knock off the bulk, then a super-fine to smooth it down. short light strokes with the sandpaper... treat it like fine detail work. the intended form of the disc is to have a smooth rounded edge, so craft it back to that shape.

I've never used the carpet-rub method. people love it and they'll tell you all about it soon enough (plus there are threads about it). that's cool... not everyone can be a sandpaper jedi ;)

(been sharpening/shaping all my pencils and charcoal with sandpaper for years.. sandpaper roxxx for everything ever)

Personally I have had good results with the black emery boards. They are super cheap and you can get them at any drug store or beauty supply store. They are great also for carrying in the bag. I believe they are like a 120 grit.

ZAMson said:
that's cool... not everyone can be a sandpaper jedi ;)

Ok, if you into telekinesis, raise my hand...

I like to skid them across a basketball court. In addition to taking off the flashing it's fun to have people ask you wtf kinda game your playing.

solf_worlds.jpg

The MILLENNIUM fundraiser disc for 2008 PDGA Worlds is now available!

This is a limited edition of 100 discs, never to be stamped again. Each disc is a 1.2 (second run) Sirius Orion LF, colors are black, white, and orange. Price is $20 plus shipping and handling.

To order, call 512-970-9001 or e-mail playsmart (at) golfdisc.com – we will need your mailing address and credit card.

(dedicated thread for the 08 Wolds SOLF including stamp detail located in General Discussion, here)

I use water sanding paper. 1000 grit for finishing. For early work I've used 80 grit because it's available not because it's proper. It's too coarse. 1000 is fine enough for not needing to be a Jedi or ninja.

I use a sheet of 100 grit sandpaper and lay it on a flat surface. I then place the disc on it and move the disc in a circular manner. That way you remove the flashing evenly. I use a 320 or 400 grit paper to do the finishing work. Smooth as a babies butt... :lol:

It looks like I will be buying some fine sand paper tomorrow (I like the emery board idea as well). Thanks to everyone for the help. I love the disc, it just really hurts to throw!

Gonna be playing our local mini with my newly acquired "almost-all-Millennium" bag tonight:

2x SOLS - 1st run that's pretty stable, 1.2 that's a little beaten
MOLS - super beat for rollers
2x Polaris LF - these are my girlfriends, just testing to see what they fly like

SMS - this will be used A LOT, since I normally throw 3-4 different Rocs each round
Q Sent - flatty for those hard fade shots

Gummy Qmega - gonna use it as an approach disc tonight...still putting with my KC Aviar until I get my hands on an Omega AP (I just can't putt with a floppy disc)

All of this in the new red/white mini Revo bag I hijacked from my girlfriend :twisted:

AND (if my friend lets me borrow them tonight) I'll have a few SOLFs in the bag too...he might also have a JLS for me. Looking forward to trying this stuff out!

First all-Mille round went very well!

SMS got used a lot...I was surprised at how versatile it was, even being brand new (i figured it would need a little beating to get a nice slow turnover, but I was proved wrong).

Bought a 1.1 SOLF from a buddy before the round and threw it in place of my Star Orc...seemed much faster, maybe a tick less high speed stable, but definitely has less low speed fade. All in all, straighter/longer than my Orc and has a more comfortable feel IMO.

SOLS got used in the same way they normally do...long, controlled turnovers and rollers. I've been hooked on these for over a year already, so no convincing needed here ;)

Didn't pull out the Q Sent and only tried the Gummy Qmega on 2 shots...then I realized that I can't stand floppy putters :D Can't wait to get my hands on an Omega AP!

Biggest surprise of the round were the 2 beaten-in Polaris LS that I ganked from my girlfriend's set-up. I threw them alongside the SOLF in a field and those things BOMBED close to 400' but with less than 10ft left-to-right movement...insane!

interesting little find.....if you put a proline cobra and q sentinel sign by side...they are nearly identical...but fly NOTHING alike :)

mikesolt said:
interesting little find.....if you put a proline cobra and q sentinel sign by side...they are nearly identical...but fly NOTHING alike :)

there's a thread about that
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6083&highlight=sentinel

Triplebogey said:
When did the Aurora MF go out of production??
Working Stiff might know better than my guess. Judging from the plastic that mine are in, compared to the same plastic in old MS's, I'd guess around 1998 or '99.

My MFs are the same stuff as my MS 1.3s, a few of which have '98 event stamps.

MS 1.3 -- gangsta
(get it?)