• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

felixtibs said:
Sure theya re fantasy based and kinda nerdy

kinda makes me wonder if you could theme all your names the way Gateway used to (Chief, Warrior, Scout, etc.)

I'm thinking mythological names like Kraken, Ceberus, Medusa, Cyclops, Liger, Unicorn, Chupacabra etc.

Working Stiff said:
marmoset said:
cmlasley said:
There's a part of me that likes the art of stamps, and another that just wants exactly what you describe. Discs for adults. Not D&D nerds.

Precisely why I like the Bauhaus.

Discmania has the right idea, too.
Being an adult is overrated.

If I want something boring and bland, I'll go drive my neighbors Toyota.

Give me some art on my golf discs, please!
art = badly drawn wild animals 'n shit?

marmoset said:
kinda makes me wonder if you could theme all your names the way Gateway used to (Chief, Warrior, Scout, etc.)

I'm thinking mythological names like Kraken, Ceberus, Medusa, Cyclops, Liger, Unicorn, Chupacabra etc.

so far they're mostly cellestial bodies, phenomena, etc. JLS, EXP, and Sentinel are the exceptions.

Aurora (awesomely enough, also the name of the Air Force's "black triangle" UFO), Polaris, Omega, Orions ... okay, 5 out of 8 are sciencey.

space nerds are cool nerds. "the classy frontier."

I petitioned to Dave Mac one time when he had the three plastics to do the twelve deciples (sp?) man would that have been great.

cool idea! Lets see then....

Peter - probably the most unstable but the longest driver
Andrew - very much like Peter, since they are brothers but much more stable and trustworthy
James and John - "sons of thunder" - good hammer discs
Philip and Bartholomew - probably fairway drivers since they were had the most rational kind of thinking from the whole bunch
Matthew - the "money" disc, something like QMS I suppose or may be a putter, since you "putt for money"
James L (the Less) - a variation of James, with L for less stable or longer.
Thomas - something like QMS, when you in doubt - through Thomas!
Thaddeus - "In the Roman Catholic Church he is the patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes", well enough said... when you stuck in a bush, go for Jude!
Simon the Zealot - the LF disc that is very stubborn and goes against the wind
Judas - only good when new :) Or something like EXP, you through it to the right, but it turns and fly to the left

what about Paul? May be a second mold of Peter? Since he is technically not from the 12.

I used my new 160 Q Sentinel on my home course for the first time. It doesn't feel that hard. I've felt old QMSs that are harder than this albeit at heavy weights. Are Q Sents harder in heavier weights or is the plastic softer these days compared to older ones?

My disc has deep gashes on the leading edge after first round. I also noticed a large bubble elsewhere on the rim. Are bubbles common in all light discs or did I just receive a lemon?

I just gave up hope for discs lasting on my home course in easily maintained PDGA legal condition. There's too much glass and rock here. In the first round the disc suffered the same fate as my Z Pred. Edge busted to beyond PDGA legal. Neither is so badly damaged that they can't be sanded to legal status again luckily. I don't like the hassle :-(

Neither have changed in flight so as long as I'm not competing it's not a bother. It just raises the bar to start competing for me because I need another set of discs for competition than casual/training rounds. That I don't like at all. And competing on home course is still either a bother by the constant requirement to sand the discs and wear them faster than they regularly do or buying new discs all the time. No joy. That's serious money and not environmentally sound. Sigh.

yeah, 160g is the moldable minimum for Q-Sent... one that light is gonna have more dome, some bubbles... they seem to fly alright though. i own 1 light Q-Sent but haven't thrown it in over a year.

when most people talk about the magical Q-Sent thing, they're talking about heavier (173g+) and flat-ish.

the most $$$ Q-Sent you will find (and the one that gains such praise) is a 175+ San Marino. a good % of CE plastic, very flat, very durable, stiff, and grippy.

as you get more dome it's straighter, less overstable. good disc but not THE q-sent you hear about. more like a Champ Roc. ew.

ZAMson said:
yeah, 160g is the moldable minimum for Q-Sent... one that light is gonna have more dome, some bubbles... they seem to fly alright though. i own 1 light Q-Sent but haven't thrown it in over a year.

when most people talk about the magical Q-Sent thing, they're talking about heavier (173g+) and flat-ish.

the most $$$ Q-Sent you will find (and the one that gains such praise) is a 175+ San Marino. a good % of CE plastic, very flat, very durable, stiff, and grippy.

as you get more dome it's straighter, less overstable. good disc but not THE q-sent you hear about. more like a Champ Roc. ew.

Thanks. I'm not at all dissatisfied with this disc or mold. Only a minor gripe about not being that grippy :) At 160 this is a very nice disc to throw uphill where the disc can/must fade because even at this weight it's still nicely HSS and OAT resistant even after flashing removal and slight tuning towards understable being still beefier than new Rancho Roc. And flying far for a mid uphill thanks to the weight.

I have a similar outlook on pig overstable mids as Blake. Not that much use for them usually or at all. I removed the flashing right away. I have a 180+ SMF for headwinds and MD1 D-line at the same weight is overlapping totally. So a heavy Sent is not a must for me I think although I'd love to be being proven wrong because what I already have is great!

Broken in 176 Millennium plastic Sent is currently _the_ mid for me on anything but straight uphill tunnels. It even works great on annies!!! Didn't expect that at all based on the specs of the disc. This disc is like a new Rancho Roc that will come back better if accidentally flipped over which indicates major failure in the throw. Because it's still very well OAT fighting and better at that than a Roc. Better than any mid that's this moderately LSS. Meaning not going off the fairway each time if even a minor mistake is made and sometimes without mistakes due to too much LSS.

For uphill throws I really like my Millennium plastic Aurora that's broken in. This gives me a higher make rate than throwing putters at full speed.

Only if I could get a CE filled 160 Sent or two that are grippy and super durable :) For stupidly disc grinding home course :-/

Dear Millenium,

I recently purchased a 1.1 MOLF. Thank you for producing this disc in Millenium plastic. If I throw it the same as a SOLF, it goes 20-25 ft. further. The extra glide is beautiful.

Sincerely,

C. Morgan Lasley, Esq.

I convinced my local PIAS to start selling Millennium. Any commission for getting you guys another retail account? I take plastic. Actually please just be sure to send them 1.2 JLS and SOLF's. That's good enough.

Dont know if this has been mentioned, but I have an orange SS Omega in base plastic and the thing is stiff as hell. Seriously, no bend, no soft, more like the A & P according to the pro shop

it is a 1.24 edition

Anyone else with this problem?

:shock: problem!?! ;)

there were 100-200 of those, i think. they were just freakshows from the 24 run. they're like Softs instead of SuperSofts, about as firm as an AP. i thought they were pretty cool and i hope some got stashed for team reserve. stiffest SSes i've ever seen.

not many of them... all 173-175 and orange. and yes there are max-range orange 24s that are not this type. WareHouseDude would have all the wonderful answers about these.

only 96 made.....one box...all very stiff....we still have almost all of them...we stopped shipping them after some where returned...if you got one they are very rare....enjoy

Jerrod said:
I convinced my local PIAS to start selling Millennium. Any commission for getting you guys another retail account? I take plastic. Actually please just be sure to send them 1.2 JLS and SOLF's. That's good enough.

Where are you from...and why do you have the funniest SOB ever as your avaitar

BTW 1.2 JLS is not an option...more like 1.21

I live in beautiful Ventura, CA. I have Mr. Hicks as my avatar not only because he's funny but because of quotes like these,

"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

Jerrod said:
I live in beautiful Ventura, CA. I have Mr. Hicks as my avatar not only because he's funny but because of quotes like these,

"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one."

It's Just A Ride....one of many.....mall cord word....etc

My favorite ever....no doubt

MJ

Did Millenium ever use a DX type plastic? Has the base plastic always been the Pro type stuff?

I found fragments of a JLS at my course. The stamp was the regular Millenium stamp but run# was not on the piece I found. It sure felt and looked like DX. I don't think I've ever seen a broken Pro disc before, either.