• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

WareHouseDude said:
only 96 made.....one box...all very stiff....we still have almost all of them...we stopped shipping them after some where returned...if you got one they are very rare....enjoy
Sounds like garbage you need to get rid of. Send them to me and I'll properly dispose of them. :p

I found a 175g 1.13 Polaris LS this afternoon at the course. No markings on it. :twisted:

This baby feels like CE. Is it? It sure flies nicely. The most similar disc to a Teebird I've ever thrown. A little slower, but quite high speed stable with very little fade. Like the longer Sabre I've been dreaming of.

Can I get confirmation on the plastic type for this run? It really doesn't feel like Pro or Millennium plastic, and reminds me of my old CE Eagles long since traded away. Also, what year did these babies come out?

^^^

the only CE run of Polaris LS was 1.13
contemporary with the 1.7 EXPs ... feels like the same batch/mix/recipe to me.

i'm not certain what year those came out. i'd guess 2001 or 2002.

the Quantum Polaris LS was run in "final-run-CE", the translucent type... more like modern Champ/Q than CE. so the only real CE Polaris is the 1.13

nice, ain't it?

marmoset said:
Did Millenium ever use a DX type plastic? Has the base plastic always been the Pro type stuff?

some older M plastic was stiffer. some old runs feel kinda stiff-DX or KC-ish in flex. but the base-level plastic has always been Pro-like.

Question 1: Does Millennium offer factory seconds for sale? If so, where could I find some?

Question 2: Are there any certain runs of Polaris LS that are known for durability, aside from the CE blend 1.13?

I've been throwing my girl's Polaris LS recently and I'm thinking it might be the slightly understable fairway driver I've been looking for...

Jerrod said:
"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want.
Just added that to my sig a few days ago...also added a Bill Hicks button to my DG bag. Gotta love him.

RustyP said:
Question 1: Does Millennium offer factory seconds for sale? If so, where could I find some?
beats me. at the moment, MILL doesn't receive any X-outs at our TX HQ. i've never seen a post-2006 Xer myself, or on ebay. there were some X-out PLF, QJ, and 1.1 QMS. i have an x-out CE QMS in my bag :) (rusco hooked that up)

Question 2: Are there any certain runs of Polaris LS that are known for durability, aside from the CE blend 1.13?
i think the 1.17 - 1.19 (current) runs are fantastic plastic. they're like those Pro Wraiths you could pass off as Star. we even had to kill a few to make sure they weren't mistakenly Sirius Polarii. coincidentally you can quickly spot those newer runs because the tip of the arrow is 'missing' the pin-stripes.

"It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want.
Just added that to my sig a few days ago...also added a Bill Hicks button to my DG bag. Gotta love him.
here's Tom with the weather.

RustyP said:
Killing plastic, eh?

Shotgun? Samurai sword? Flamethrower?
official DeathTest procedure:

overhands and hyzerflips at ~10' range into the century-old stone walls at circle r. forehand rollers into the wall at an angle that shreds the lower wing.
you can't beat old-fashioned country masonry for killing plastic :D

i like that youtube video of Dave Mac death-testing at his factory. same principle, but we got way more old-school disc-killin walls.

Ted Damson said:
RustyP said:
Killing plastic, eh?

Shotgun? Samurai sword? Flamethrower?
official DeathTest procedure:

overhands and hyzerflips at ~10' range into the century-old stone walls at circle r. forehand rollers into the wall at an angle that shreds the lower wing.
you can't beat old-fashioned country masonry for killing plastic :D

i like that youtube video of Dave Mac death-testing at his factory. same principle, but we got way more old-school disc-killin walls.

Never having thrown at masonry I don't know how it works but I've made a third of an inch deep whole height cut through the leading edge of my Z Predator on the first round I used it. I think it must have landed hyzered steeply onto granit on top of which there is broken glass from a beer bottle :-(

On Kings of Disc Golf 2005 DVD there's footage of an approach/long putt with a dx putter that hits a brick and it cut over an inch deep into the disc diagonally not through the entire height of the disc.

I've never thrown any plastic at a wall, but I did tape 8 and 12 bottle rockets to a DX Leopard and Whittler, respectively. The Whittler made it, the Leopard, not so much.

RustyP said:
GGGT has some X-out Omegas for sale.

Sexy!!! Can't wait for it to be 100% done :)
Great work!
Love the menu bar on the left.

Great job on the redesign! Though I do have one critical comment, keeping in mind I am some random dude on the internet so take it for what it's worth. Millennium is the company of minimalism, at least that is what drew me to them. I think the website is a little busy for that concept. Perhaps toning down the colors a bit and decreasing the amount of graphics and general info on the front page might help convey the company concept. The design is great and it works. But it also looks a whole lot like the other companies. Play smart, keep it simple!

rusch_bag said:
I purchased a couple OLS's and one was marked like g4 or something like that and the other one was on. What is the dealio.
1st runs. Those are the best ones imo :)