• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

mzuleger said:
Ted Damson said:
mzuleger said:
Does anyone know if the QJLS was always made with the transparent champion-type plastic?
there are fully opaque CE QJs as well as more recent runs in the opaque Champ plastic

probably up to you to feel the difference between CE and newer (slicker) Champ. or go by the year of the event. CE was 2001-2003ish.

post the stamp yo ;)

looks like 2002.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32468442@N08/3042396516/

That' sa CE, you don't want it, those are crap. Please put it in the mail addressed to me, I will properly dispose of that in my bag, errr I mean put it in the correct dumpster ;)

I don't have a question just a complement on Millennium. I recently got a used green JLS and I love it. It flies really well. Thanks for making a good disc.

Fritz said:
mzuleger said:
Ted Damson said:
mzuleger said:
Does anyone know if the QJLS was always made with the transparent champion-type plastic?
there are fully opaque CE QJs as well as more recent runs in the opaque Champ plastic

probably up to you to feel the difference between CE and newer (slicker) Champ. or go by the year of the event. CE was 2001-2003ish.

post the stamp yo ;)

looks like 2002.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32468442@N08/3042396516/

That' sa CE, you don't want it, those are crap. Please put it in the mail addressed to me, I will properly dispose of that in my bag, errr I mean put it in the correct dumpster ;)

Cool, thanks guys... this disc has a lot of hype to live up to now.

rusch_bag said:
I must live somewhat near you. The PIAS has TWO qms with that stamp and same plastic for $4.50 right now. I should go pick those up.

Yup, you better go get those CE QMS goodness.

rusch_bag said:
Got em. Red one and a blue one. There is a ton of flashing on the blue one. Both of them look like they were only thrown a couple of times.

Damn you got a killer steal.

rusch_bag said:
I must live somewhat near you. The PIAS has TWO qms with that stamp and same plastic for $4.50 right now. I should go pick those up.

Ya, I live in Menasha! Were those at the PIAS in oshkosh? I've never been to that but have been meaning to check it out... I would guess they have a lot of used discs since both osh-courses have substantial water.

Hi everyone!

Q:
Is there a difference between the QJLS with a big stamp and a QJLS with an arrow? Plastic? Flight?

Thanks!
Oh, and I got that green-yellow CE QMS and I am throwing it! Yeah, I know! And I also got 2 CE EXP and I throw them too!!
But the one I love the most is a 144gr. 1,6 EXP - OH!!! it is just amazing what this disc can do!

Hwicha said:
Q:
Is there a difference between the QJLS with a big stamp and a QJLS with an arrow? Plastic? Flight?
Yes and no...

There are several different runs of QJLS with each stamp. There are even a couple runs where half got the old stamp, and some got the new stamp. (molded simultaneously, but stamped at different times)

The newer "opaque Champ" plastic IS limited to the new arrow stamp. But when it comes to the older translucent plastic, you can find those discs with either stamp, and they feel identical.

The last few years worth of QJLS were very consistent in plastic feel/appearance, and I really like those. I haven't been disappointed by the newer opaques either. And I can tell no difference in flight, though I never put an opaque through heavy rotation.

Final word... can't go wrong with *any* QJLS.

rusch_bag said:
To bad I don't throw QMS. Was hoping someone on here would want them.

Normally I would offer to take them off your hands, however I have 8 CE QMS sitting in my reserves 1 in my bag.

Hwicha said:
Hi everyone!

Q:

Thanks!
Oh, and I got that green-yellow CE QMS and I am throwing it! Yeah, I know! And I also got 2 CE EXP and I throw them too!!
But the one I love the most is a 144gr. 1,6 EXP - OH!!! it is just amazing what this disc can do!

Having seen Hwicha throw them I gotta say the 144 CE EXP is pure currency. CE rules. Hwicha didn't seem at all concerned about his disc when the ridiculous winds flipped his disc and made it crash land on the edge after about at least 70' but more likely 90' drop onto asphalt. When I was going apeshot when my Champ TB flipped and landed in the ditch by the road. Fearing the disc would land on edge on asphalt mangling the plastic.

Downhill dog leg left with trees sheltering the discs until the dog leg and then blasted by at that point with at least 30 MPH left front winds I presume.

I've started throwing Orions in the last year....LF's in S and Q,and LS's in S. I have a chance to buy some SOF's, SOS's....also a G4 in Millennium plastic. The seller has given me his descriptions of the discs and they all sound good to me.

What is the background on these (SOF, SOS, and G4) discs? Were the first two mistakes? What flight characteristics to they have?

AByrd said:
I've started throwing Orions in the last year....LF's in S and Q,and LS's in S. I have a chance to buy some SOF's, SOS's....also a G4 in Millennium plastic. The seller has given me his descriptions of the discs and they all sound good to me.

What is the background on these (SOF, SOS, and G4) discs? Were the first two mistakes? What flight characteristics to they have?
SOF = first run SOLF (1.1 run)
SOS = alternate-mold Sirius Orion LS (first and only run)
G4 = first run Orion LS

all goodies, only the SOS is not mainstream-available.

What would be a good disc(as well as weight) to throw in 10-25 mph winds for a beginner?

I use the QOLF @ 175g. I normally throw 166g. I by no means have much of an arm either. The QOLF is my main headwind disc.

Steady 26542 said:
I use the QOLF @ 175g. I normally throw 166g. I by no means have much of an arm either. The QOLF is my main headwind disc.

What he said. A 175 QOLF will handle up to 25 MPH winds with favorable results. So far I haven't had to use the XCalibur as my wind disc 30+ MPH winds the XCalibur will have to come out until Millennium makes a heavier headwind disc.

Latest posts