• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Orion LS Question:

I'm negotiating a trade with someone on the PDGA boards, and he says he has a "proto" Orion LS with a 2005 TX Teams stamp. He said that the marking on the bottom say "ON"...I thought the Orion LS came into being long before 2005. Maybe a proto Sirius OLS? Anything special at all about that Orion?

RustyP said:
Orion LS Question:

I'm negotiating a trade with someone on the PDGA boards, and he says he has a "proto" Orion LS with a 2005 TX Teams stamp. He said that the marking on the bottom say "ON"...I thought the Orion LS came into being long before 2005. Maybe a proto Sirius OLS? Anything special at all about that Orion?

I know in the Millennium plastic the G4 is the prototype plastic.

Not sure on the ON marking. It could be a LF or an LS or an OS.

RustyP said:
I have like 5 of those. Not only is it a regular 2nd run MOLS, but the stamp is ugly as hell.

G4 = first run
ON = 2nd run +
the only proto Orion LS was a QOLS, back in 2004... only 6 made, so the old-timers say.
"proto"/tester SOLS were nothing but blank 1.1s, nothing special

btw, quick program note so as not to misrepresent myself or others here; i resigned from MILL's parent company earlier this week, so i am in no way a representative of any of those companies.

it was a fun few years and i think the world of mr. JH, but it was time for me to do new things. i'm a follow your bliss kinda dude, and that's what led me to be the 6-day-a-week course bum who eventually got hired, and recently led me to leave.

i can still help with info about how the frisbees fly, and what came out when, etc etc. all that useless info will take decades to erase ;) ...... and no, i am NOT selling my CE QMS collection :mrgreen:

Ted Damson said:
RustyP said:
I have like 5 of those. Not only is it a regular 2nd run MOLS, but the stamp is ugly as hell.

G4 = first run
ON = 2nd run +
the only proto Orion LS was a QOLS, back in 2004... only 6 made, so the old-timers say.
"proto"/tester SOLS were nothing but blank 1.1s, nothing special

WHY FOR THE LOVE OF PETE are those QOLS's not in a full production!!!!! :(

Fritz said:
WHY FOR THE LOVE OF PETE are those QOLS's not in a full production!!!!! :(
yeah, it's a must-do. hopefully it'll materialize, it'll be a great disc. the guys who threw those testers say it was killer. i got 1 other proto that is 98% QOLS, and that disc is *RAD*.

super wish list... if there were a QOLS and QEXP i'd once again be broke from frisbee buying.

Frank_Delicious said:
QOLS would be awesome

Also those G4 OLS are the bomb. I'm down to my last one and am very sad.

I have 2 left, I'm getting low too.
The other 2 I have that are not G4 are too slick.

Two things.

First. Disc n Dat might have a few G4s left. I know there were one or two in there last week.

Second. I think I might like to try either a 150 SOLS or a 150 Polaris. Anyone know where these can be found.

ADiscand3Plates said:
I think I might like to try either a 150 SOLS or a 150 Polaris. Anyone know where these can be found.
OLS in any plastic molds down to 160g minimum.

150g Polaris are readily available... just depends if the dealer stocks it. DiscNation has 1.

I bought an unmarked tourny stamped disc from PIAS a while back, the only thing I knew about it was it was made by Innova (thanks to the tooling on the back) and it's abreviation was "QJ." For the last couple months I was not able to figure out what this disc was since "QJ" is not on the Innova website... but then it clicked this morning... it's a QJLS! But it is not a transparent plastic at all, which brings me to my question:

Does anyone know if the QJLS was always made with the transparent champion-type plastic?

mzuleger said:
Does anyone know if the QJLS was always made with the transparent champion-type plastic?
there are fully opaque CE QJs as well as more recent runs in the opaque Champ plastic

probably up to you to feel the difference between CE and newer (slicker) Champ. or go by the year of the event. CE was 2001-2003ish.

post the stamp yo ;)

Ted Damson said:
mzuleger said:
there are fully opaque CE QJs as well as more recent runs in the opaque Champ plastic

probably up to you to feel the difference between CE and newer (slicker) Champ. or go by the year of the event. CE was 2001-2003ish.

post the stamp yo ;)

CE Yum wish all my jls were ce. I got one left and it's on archive duty now lol.

Fritz said:
CE Yum wish all my jls were ce. I got one left and it's on archive duty now lol.
lucky for you, you throw obscure plastic.
i got a butt-ton of CE QJs on ebay and trades, nobody knew what it was or how to throw it.

dude pulled out a fresh QJ in my last tourny, "i hate this disc. i don't know why i have it with me."
.... as i beat his ass with my SE JLS and CE JLS :lol:

Ted Damson said:
Fritz said:
lucky for you, you throw obscure plastic.
i got a butt-ton of CE QJs on ebay and trades, nobody knew what it was or how to throw it.

dude pulled out a fresh QJ in my last tourny, "i hate this disc. i don't know why i have it with me."

You should have taken it from him, and sent it to me :)

Fritz said:
Ted Damson said:
You should have taken it from him, and sent it to me :)
aw man, i should've taken his whole bag and let it die with dignity. last hole for his tap-in bogey, he slammed a supersoft --straight-- through the chains, casual-style. just a brainfart, but a costly one. i don't think he turned his card in at all :lol:

Ted Damson said:
mzuleger said:

post the stamp yo ;)

looks like 2002.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32468442@N08/3042396516/

Latest posts