• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Atlanta/Norcross area courses recommended this Sunday/Monday?

Spinthrift

Eagle Member
I'm headed to the Atlanta area this weekend with my wife. We're staying at the Peachtree Corners/Norcross Marriott and I'm free Sunday and Monday while she has a seminar. I did a zip code search and there are a number of courses within 20 miles. Which would you recommend? Are there any club events on Sunday I can tag along with, or someone interested in showing a first-timer the preferred lines? Thanks.

Go to Perkerson on Sunday in the morning or around noon. Then high tail out of there around 3. If you want to visit a disc golf store you can go to Alexander Park in Lawrenceville. DiscStalker is an awesome store.

Redan has dubs on Sundays at 10. And East Roswell Park has doubles at 5:30 on Mondays.

If you really want a sweet course but it'll be a little drive go up to North Georgia Canopy Tours in Lula, Ga. Best course in North Georgia. It's a hike of a course though.

Thanks. I doubt I'll have time for the hour's drive to Lula. So it sounds like Perkerson is the best course within 20 or so miles. I'll plan to hit it Sunday morning. Of those courses closest to Norcross that appear to have similar ratings, which of these do you recommend trying:
- East Roswell
- Alexander
- Wills
- Redan

And does DiscStalker sell used discs?

Thanks. I doubt I'll have time for the hour's drive to Lula. So it sounds like Perkerson is the best course within 20 or so miles. I'll plan to hit it Sunday morning. Of those courses closest to Norcross that appear to have similar ratings, which of these do you recommend trying:
- East Roswell
- Alexander
- Wills
- Redan

And does DiscStalker sell used discs?

You actually have them listed in order! ERP and Alex are both great courses, but can get crowded.

And yes, they sell used discs.

I visit this area a few times a year. I also like Oregon Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4584. It can be hard to navigate this course, so I'd highly recommend a map or having a local around to help. I thought the course was a lot of fun.

East Roswell is the first course I threw a disk on, so it has sentimental value for me. I wonder if the truck hole is still there? Someone told me they were moving the trucks or rearranging that hole or something. That would be a shame because it's a pretty unique hole.

Last edited:
I visit this area a few times a year. I also like Oregon Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4584. It can be hard to navigate this course, so I'd highly recommend a map or having a local around to help. I thought the course was a lot of fun.

East Roswell is the first course I threw a disk on, so it has sentimental value for me. I wonder if the truck hole is still there? Someone told me they were moving the trucks or rearranging that hole or something. That would be a shame because it's a pretty unique hole.

The trailers got demolished and hauled off a couple of months ago -- the one closest to the basket was in the line of a new sewer line trench that was going in to provide a connection to the library going in on the corner of Holcomb Bridge Rd and Fouts Rd. And a little over a week ago, clearing of the land for the library began, necessitating the removal of the basket on 4 as it was within the land being used by the library. Eventually, that whole area will be under 15-20 feet of fill dirt and then will become a parking lot.

Fortunately, the Roswell parks department created a new clearing in the area of woods opposite where the trailers were, to the right of the old fairway. There's a new pin position there that was played at this year's Lost in the Woods tourney on Saturday, to uniformly positive feedback. The basket from 4 should be installed in that location sometime this week.

The trailers got demolished and hauled off a couple of months ago -- the one closest to the basket was in the line of a new sewer line trench that was going in to provide a connection to the library going in on the corner of Holcomb Bridge Rd and Fouts Rd. And a little over a week ago, clearing of the land for the library began, necessitating the removal of the basket on 4 as it was within the land being used by the library. Eventually, that whole area will be under 15-20 feet of fill dirt and then will become a parking lot.

Fortunately, the Roswell parks department created a new clearing in the area of woods opposite where the trailers were, to the right of the old fairway. There's a new pin position there that was played at this year's Lost in the Woods tourney on Saturday, to uniformly positive feedback. The basket from 4 should be installed in that location sometime this week.

I'll be there Thanksgiving week so I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with that hole now that the trailers (I keep calling them trucks) are gone. How do the locals feel about losing the trailers? I've not seen a hole quite like it and if that was my home course, I'd prolly be upset.

I remember feeling that the blind shot over the trailers was impossible, but that's when I was first learning to throw. I played there this summer and the throw seeded a lot more manageable.

I'll be there Thanksgiving week so I'm looking forward to seeing what you did with that hole now that the trailers (I keep calling them trucks) are gone. How do the locals feel about losing the trailers? I've not seen a hole quite like it and if that was my home course, I'd prolly be upset.

I remember feeling that the blind shot over the trailers was impossible, but that's when I was first learning to throw. I played there this summer and the throw seeded a lot more manageable.

Well, a lot of people hated the trailers -- thought they looked junky, etc. -- so they're happy they're gone, but I don't think anyone's really happy about losing the basket position. The new position is a decent hole, but doesn't have the distance or the challenge of the old layout. We may have some other options once the library construction is all wrapped up in a year or so, but it'll have to do for now.

Well, a lot of people hated the trailers -- thought they looked junky, etc. -- so they're happy they're gone, but I don't think anyone's really happy about losing the basket position. The new position is a decent hole, but doesn't have the distance or the challenge of the old layout. We may have some other options once the library construction is all wrapped up in a year or so, but it'll have to do for now.

It's good the trailers are gone, in my opinion. Anywhere besides a dg course and they would have become kudzu monsters decades ago, and that actually would have been an improvement. I do hope the new library doesn't cause any major layout problems in the future.

Somebody mentioned Oregon Park in this thread, and while I definitely think it's a good course on a good piece of land, it's probably an hour's drive from Norcross, so be aware of that if you're thinking of playing there.