• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

I putt proxies. Tried the atom hated the feel. I'm ised to putting neutron from the anodes. It's a great putter for me laser straight even in the circle. Nose up a little I can embark some fade. It's been the best putter for me since anodes and I've tried just about all of them.

I'm going to admit that I will be doing a lot of Crow eating on the Atom :gross:

Whoa is this a great mold...

Teaming up the Atom with my Soft Envy seems almost unfair for a long flying putter contest. I used to be a midrange junkie but at this point I find myself throwing them much less frequently now that I have that neutral maneuverability of the Atom to pair with my stubborn HSS Envy.

I have also found that I really like putting with the Atom as well. Once it seasons it, they seem to lose that harsh late fade that they have when fresh in the circle.

I've been using the the Envy Proxy pairing and it 's been awesome off the tee and for longer approach shots. I don't like either disc within 100' so I picked up an Atom. The Atom is super grippy and mine has the same flight at speed as my Proxy but the Atom has more fade at low speeds. I'm going to take the Atom to some pitch and putts to see if I can break it in a little so I'll be more comfortable with it on short shots.
They are messing up my mid game a little because they can go much farther than other putters but I'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Is the Circuit Atom more or less the same as the off the shelf Atom?

I'm a new player who discovered the Atom early on as my favorite putter, and I've been using it on gradually longer shots. Today I measured a shot at 208 with a fan grip off the tee of a short hole (using udisc). The disc flew dead straight and ended about 10 feet past the basket. What's interesting about this to me is that I max out at about 235 with my longest disc, a DX Valkyrie. So now I'll be tempted to grab an Atom for any straight shot up to 200 ft. That's a huge slot. I love this mold!

To me the Atom feels and flies a lot like a zero medium pure.
I got the the "stiff" version of the atom and tested it out on my homecourse.
Inside the circle the Atom acts pretty much like my main putter, a slightly beat in medium pure.
Using it for upshots the Atom has a bit more fade at the very end compared to my pures.
Still flies fairly straight and then hyzers out gently at the end.

Putting wise i found that the Atom has almost to much grip, atleast in dry conditions.
Wet conditions is where i prefer the electron plastic over any other baseline plastic out there.
The grip is just perfect, i can see this disc being my main putter on rainy or very cold days.
Great disc!

I also thought the Atom had too much grip at first. After using it for a few rounds the surface becomes less sticky. The Atom has great distance potential for a putter,they are pretty fast.

Yeah a buddy uses the blue prototype atom putters which are very old at this point but feel GREAT with less stickiness and not damaged badly at all being his putting putter.

Picked up an atom on a whim and I'm finding it surprisingly likeable. I had been putting with a PA3 for a while as the low profile was really comfortable in my hand, but the disc's lack of glide was causing me issues. I had been putting with Wizards for a while but the deeper rim made my consistency a little off. The atom combines the low profile of the PA3 with the glide I was wanting. Very pleasantly surprised.

I have been carrying two Soft Atoms - one for putting, and one for anny / turnover approaches. I have not seen much change in flight so far, but I will be interested to see how they season. It would not break my heart if the putting putter lost a little fade.

Love the wet-weather grip, low profile, and nice driving distance for a putter.

My soft 168 turned into a turnover machine, then I lost it :(

I just got my first Atom and took it out for a round. Im not used to the low profile of it. I've putted with Aviars, then Wizards, Voodoos and now Ions and Wizards. This has the comfort of a low pro disc, with the straight flight of the voodoo and the effortless distance I've always wanted for a driving putter. After tonights 18 holes its in the bag at LEAST as a throwing putter. With practice it may boot the Ion and Wizard for putting duties. Looks like I'll be getting a couple more of these bad boys. Solid disc for sure.

Proxy isnt a beat in atom but a premium atom really. Envy wpuld be its beaded premium plastic cousin. I could see the atom beating into the most understable but the few im familar with have only been used for putting not a bunch of high speed drives.

Yeah but I'm finding that the Proxy turns and burns when the Atom doesn't. I know its bad throws...

No i hear that. The electron plastic IMO is extra gyro happy and doesnt glide a ton with some extra LSS. Atoms have more fade like an envy when new vs proxy. Very much ions vs anode with a late fade vs dead straight or slight right turn.

Understable always going to be less forgiving so that makes sense. Envy > atom > proxy > beat atom

Last edited:
My first neutron Proxy lost some HSS after a while but then I lost it. However, my Watermelon has been great, super straight, holds a hyzer. But yeah, I'm bagging the Proxy until we get

Plasma Atoms :popcorn:

Ok I was wondering about that. How fast they beat up that is. Maybe I'll stick with my wizard/ions for driving.

FWIW I have drove ions for a while and just recently paired them up with a proxy.

It really comes down to unique feel in a putter with the deeper vs lower profile molds. I use the proxy basically as a slower off the tee or upshot midrange but my ions are longer and do the "work" ... I am fond of the 0 LSS regardless of power you get with the proxy tho and it being a little more forgiving vs a big bead putter.

Last edited:

Latest posts