• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

You should check w DTW...but they're only gonna be like a buck or two cheaper.

I'm guessing that by the time you add sales tax and shipping you're prolly only ahead 25 cents...and even DGC marks up the black ones.

Well, I'm a fan of Lat 64 again, after getting an oddball superdome Halo and a River that didn't behave anywhere near they way it should. Flow, Havoc, and Fuse are SWEET! And of course the plastic(GL specifically) and overall quality is unmatched.

does anyone own a domey grip line pure? all my grip line pure are flat but I got one yesterday that is domey and have not got a chance to throw it. I was wondering if it's any more stable or glider than the flat ones? I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I'm out practicing for a tournament for this weekend.

How rare are the snowflake Strikers? I came across two of them early on, but rarely see them for sale anymore. All the ones I see in stores now are domey and super stable. How much are these snowflakes going for now?

How rare are the snowflake Strikers? I came across two of them early on, but rarely see them for sale anymore. All the ones I see in stores now are domey and super stable. How much are these snowflakes going for now?

not really rare at all. the problem is people like me hoarded them because we heard they were changing the robot that caused that issue/blessing(i have lifetime supply). i think they go for normal price. i think retail is top price you will ever pay for non natural beauties.

Just got my GL Flow in the mail. I haven't thrown it yet but this is one sexy looking disc.

Pain and Havoc,,anyone throw these yet? Looks like you need a huge arm for the havoc but the specs on the pain look interesting. Maybe between a fuse and core. Would love to hear something from somone that has thrown one of these.

Pain is very nice. Feels good in the hand, and has very good glide. It is more stable than the Core. Much more than the Fuse. Think new Roc stable. It really excels at flex shots. It is also much better in the wind than a Core, but not so stable that you lose distance with it. I'd say if you throw a Fuse or Core for,your main mid, then a Pain would make an excellent compliment. It is not easy to turn over so you can really put something on it, and not fear the big right hand turn.

Pain is very nice. Feels good in the hand, and has very good glide. It is more stable than the Core. Much more than the Fuse. Think new Roc stable. It really excels at flex shots. It is also much better in the wind than a Core, but not so stable that you lose distance with it. I'd say if you throw a Fuse or Core for,your main mid, then a Pain would make an excellent compliment. It is not easy to turn over so you can really put something on it, and not fear the big right hand turn.

Cant wait to get one. Exactly what i was wondering about. I didnt know it was so stable. great for me,,,exactly what i need in my bag.

Pain is an overstable mid; great wind fighter, and nice and straight with a solid but smooth fade in regular conditions.
Its basically the Lat64 Hornet - maybe slightly slower, and a tiny bit less overstable.

I prefer mine in Opto - my GL (same weight, 177) is slightly straighter.

This. My favorite disc is a GL core and Ive been wanting something more stable that wouldnt flip under more power. And they delivered. Its a great disc, and highly recommend getting one. It will fly straight with good forward fade to it.

I'm wishing and hoping for an overstable control driver with some glide. Not that I don't like my XXX and Trident. I could just use a more "predator like" overstable disc.
I have a pretty good arm... or so I though before switching from a pred to a XXX. Put any disc in my hand faster than a roc and I'll get 300+ out of it. But these two continue to astound me with their lack of glide. I've never thrown something so "brickish".
The best I get out of my XXX is 250-280. And the Trident I'm lucky to break 200! Does anyone have similar issues, or perhaps some wisdom on the topic they would care to share?

Pain and Havoc,,anyone throw these yet? Looks like you need a huge arm for the havoc but the specs on the pain look interesting. Maybe between a fuse and core. Would love to hear something from somone that has thrown one of these.

The Pain is similar to a new Roc. Mine is GL... recommended.

The Havoc is not as overstable as I imagined (Mine is GL). Think - cross between a Vulcan and Katana. I don't have a big arm, but I can throw the Havoc. It gives easy distance. (It's easy to throw like a Vulcan, but needs more room like a Katana).

I have too many discs.

I don't think I've ever had a new Roc that was quite as overstable as my 177 Opto Pain..

MAYBE my 180 Champ Roc was close, IMO Rocs are less stable than an Opto Pain. No experience with the GL.

Try the new GL Riot...mine is pretty damn OS. Flies almost exactly like my FL

I have one. It's a reliable disc in the wind. I would like to see a wide diameter overstable control driver with at least 5 points (Lat64 scale) of glide. This would make a very versatile disc I feel.

I have one. It's a reliable disc in the wind. I would like to see a wide diameter overstable control driver with at least 5 points (Lat64 scale) of glide. This would make a very versatile disc I feel.

Yeah...but getting overstability with that much glide is the disc golf equivalent of alchemist's gold...I won't say can't, just hasn't been done yet

What about the Blitz? That one handles wind with a bit more glide?

Latest posts