• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Attn Lat 64 lovers (opinion thread)

I really like the blitzs'. I own a solid purple 174 opto, and an orange 171 gl. The difference between the two is night and day. The opto is closest to the flight specs. (beefy meathook with glide) The gold is easily flipped but still very much overstable with plenty of glide. I also find it noticeably faster than the opto, due to a slightly slimmer profile I figure. But they are much too long for the slot.

I just finished a tournament yesterday in which I had to throw my 169 gl blitz into a 25 mph headwind and it did not flip on me in both rounds. Thank God b/c the hole played along the lake, which was on the right side of the fair way 450 ft. long and the fairway was about as wide as a lane or at best, a lane and a half. One player in my group threw his destroyer and kept it too close to the left side of the fairway and it bounced off a tree and got kicked off and turned hard right and it appeared going backwards allllllllllllllll the way on the other side of the lake :doh: We had no choice but to laugh in amazement with what we just witnessed.

I love my blitz when I don't want to worry about it flipping on me.

This may have been coverd earlyer in this thread but I have a question about Strikers. I had three of them, 2 GL 175 and one opto 175. I lost the opto in the snow ( a moment of silence please):wall:. I want to get an other opto do to the fact that it was LESS stable than the GL. Usualy the other way around, Im wandering if this was the norm or If I lost something special. This was a great disc for tunels. Any thoughts would be great. Thanx

yeah basically the way the plastic cools or is handled changes the parting line height of discs. the higher the PLH the more stable. go to a shop that has them and look at them on a flat surface. pick ones with lower domes and low plh and you should be good to go.

This may have been coverd earlyer in this thread but I have a question about Strikers. I had three of them, 2 GL 175 and one opto 175. I lost the opto in the snow ( a moment of silence please):wall:. I want to get an other opto do to the fact that it was LESS stable than the GL. Usualy the other way around, Im wandering if this was the norm or If I lost something special. This was a great disc for tunels. Any thoughts would be great. Thanx

The striker is the exception to the opto stability increase. All of my gold lines are significantly more overstable than all of my optos. I have 4 of each in different weights that I've purchased over the last two years. Seems to be a consistent characteristic.

Hmmm:confused:

I have a sheet-ton of strikers (25+). All of the most overstable ones are flat top optos with high plh.

I have a sheet-ton of strikers (25+). All of the most overstable ones are flat top optos with high plh.

:eek: thats a lot of strikers! how flat are the tops on the meathook ones? Mine are flat when compared to gold line but pretty average when compared my older latitude plastic i.e. old Riot, old opto vision, old blitz. Not sure if any of the old ones are first run or not, I cant imagine "first run" anything by Latitude making it to the states so probably not. Maybe I got some fluke runs.. You have a much larger base for your statistic with 25 to compare from.

for 999 out of 1000 this is true but i had this domey freak that was so overstable and had a high PLH. it was a firebird. almost funny to throw since it didn't fly like a striker. I sold it.....i should have kept it for a video or something.

if you got this you know it is freak. use quarters to measure dome. 2.00 is flat and then judge your 2.25 Goldlines as normal thrower or B. so basically

flat Gold lines are 2.00 quarters and they will be stable or A.
reg Gold lines are 2.25 quarters and they will be 11x teebirds or B.
flat Opto Snowflake 1.75 or 2.00 and they tend to go from A to D.

max weight snowflakes tend to be flippy....start with those if you order online ask for flat and max then bright colors.

these are just a few hints for picking the perfect striker, but throwing is the only real way.

:eek: thats a lot of strikers! how flat are the tops on the meathook ones? Mine are flat when compared to gold line but pretty average when compared my older latitude plastic i.e. old Riot, old opto vision, old blitz. Not sure if any of the old ones are first run or not, I cant imagine "first run" anything by Latitude making it to the states so probably not. Maybe I got some fluke runs.. You have a much larger base for your statistic with 25 to compare from.

I started stocking up when there wasn't any gold line at all. 99% of the early optos were really flat. Anywhere from '11x bird' flat to table top flat. The most overstable striker ive got is table flat and weighs 160g. It was firebird stable when new. It has taken months to break in even a little.

The first gold lines were flatter and fairly stable too.

Most of the new ones have a 12x looking dome to them (both plastics)

I wish my camera worked. I would throw some pics up here and see If we had the same generation of gear. I wanna say March of '09 was when I picked up my first striker (171) that was the least stable. I got 3 optos after that each about a month or two apart. The second one is the most stable at 176g, my 3rd and 4th are on par (little more) with the first one as far as stability at 168 and 173. The second disc I feel is a touch more stable due to the weight. Still carries the same flight pattern as the others when thrown a touch faster.

Update of what Lat 64 discs I own/have tried:

Fuse-#1 Fave Lat disc and one of my fave discs period. It is great at shaping lines, tunnel shots, and has amazing glide.

Flow- Great glidey driver. I've gotten my longest flat land throw of 390' with this disc and I'm usually only a 320' thrower.

River- Controlable fairway disc. I keep it in the bag for those distance shots where placement is key.

Halo- I only have the 150 class version of this disc. I got it to possibly replace my 150 Flick for overhand duties. Although I can get more distance overhand with the Halo, I can shape a Flick's flight more and that is important for getting out of the woods.

Striker-Good disc, just not for me I guess. It falls in that small niche between my River and my Valk for distance that I rarely ever need. It is not a bad disc, I just don't find enough times to use it to carry it with me.

Mirus- Found a beat to crap one up in a tree. I have no idea how they are supposed to fly, but this one is flippy as all crap.

Core- Tried out a friend's, less high speed stable than a Buzzz. I guess I could make it work if I had to, but I rather carry a Buzzz.

Vision- Felt like a slightly slower, slightly less controllable Valk to me. I haven't worked with it much, and maybe I'm just biased towards my valks.

If you haven't tried a Lat 64 disc yet, and you like neutral to understable plastic, I suggest you start with a Fuse. The Fuse has offered me some of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen.

I got my hands on a pair of flat GL Rivers 164g (solid white). Fly like a beat 178 GL River right off the shelf with extra distance from increased cruising speed due to the flat flight plate. Quite possibly the best disc ever made.

Was lucky enough to find a GL Fuse today for $8 at Play It Again Sports. Pretty much a 9/10 with the word Senior written on the inner rim. Was just about to order one online so I fell very happy about it.

Ah, the Fuse. I just started throwing a GL Fuse and at less than full power it's a thing of beauty. Straight flight, especially thrown low(6 ft) with superior glide pushing it out even further to a straight finish. Add power and it tracks L-R slightly, and surprisingly long. The flight mirrors my Z Glide almost exactly.

GL River is sneaky long with incredible glide, which just enhances its distance.

GL FLow is an awesome disc, easy to turn but controllable, very long.

GL Havoc is another great disc, can be turned, doesn't seem appreciably longer than the Flow, despite speed 13 vs 11.

I'm becoming a big fan of Latitude 64. And the plastics!!!(quality, durability, and colors)

Do any of the Mids fly like a nice beat in Roc? I'm ordering an Ion and feel bad paying the shipping for just one disc so I need something else to try :D.

XXX WILL give you more thumber distance, but throw it harder.
Vision I would say is more understable than Avenger SS.
I have:
Blitz
Flow
Havoc
Striker
Vision
XXX
COre
Pain
Fuse
River

I've become a fan
Their discs fly 'smoother', I can't put my finger on it.

Beat up Roc

Do any of the Mids fly like a nice beat in Roc? I'm ordering an Ion and feel bad paying the shipping for just one disc so I need something else to try :D.

A Core is probably worth trying. A new Core is less stable than a new Roc, but if you're looking for something more neutral then a Core should fit the bill. It does not have a bead so it feels more like a Buzzz in the hand, but it is not super stable like a brand new Roc. Plus whether you go GL or Opto it will take forever to beat in, and should retain it's original flight for a long time.

From Disc Golf Sweden:

11-03-22 - Diamond
Latitude 64 have just received PDGA approval for their new fairway driver Diamond, an understable small diameter disc, easy to control for beginners and kids. Something like the River but with a narrower rim, it will probably be available in weights from 14grams and up to 170grams according to the company. The discs will be available in the shops during April in in Opto-line plastic.

Some figures for Diamond:
Outside diameter: 21.1 cm (max weight 175.1 grams)
Inside rim diameter: 17.4 cm
Height: 1.4 cm
Rim depth: 1.1 cm
Rim thickness: 1.8 cm
Flexibility rating: 6.92 kg
Rim configuration rating: 30.00

From Disc Golf Sweden:

11-03-22 - Diamond
Latitude 64 have just received PDGA approval for their new fairway driver Diamond, an understable small diameter disc, easy to control for beginners and kids. Something like the River but with a narrower rim, it will probably be available in weights from 14grams and up to 170grams according to the company. The discs will be available in the shops during April in in Opto-line plastic.

Some figures for Diamond:
Outside diameter: 21.1 cm (max weight 175.1 grams)
Inside rim diameter: 17.4 cm
Height: 1.4 cm
Rim depth: 1.1 cm
Rim thickness: 1.8 cm
Flexibility rating: 6.92 kg
Rim configuration rating: 30.00

14 grams! :doh:

Latest posts