• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Avalanche

Specifications

Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.5cm
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Rim Thickness: 1.9cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.4cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.2%
Rim Configuration: 32.25
Flexibility: 12.16kg

The team guys I have chatted with suggest it will be between the Hellfire and Tsunami, but more likely feels like a raptor. Stability between a Raptor and Captians Raptor. Pretty beefy boy, but not hellfire silly.

The team guys I have chatted with suggest it will be between the Hellfire and Tsunami, but more likely feels like a raptor. Stability between a Raptor and Captians Raptor. Pretty beefy boy, but not hellfire silly.

im interested

i dont throw much dga

are there any of those overstable 9s or 10s that dont have that nasty predator sharp bottom wing feel

are there any of those overstable 9s or 10s that dont have that nasty predator sharp bottom wing feel

I know this is the dga thread, and it sounds like the avalanche could be what you're looking for.
There are quite a few options for that glidey OS pred/tsunami type flight without as aggressive of a bottom wing. Kasta Stal is a good one, and if you like a bead on a driver the RDG Komodo is great too.

I know this is the dga thread, and it sounds like the avalanche could be what you're looking for.
There are quite a few options for that glidey OS pred/tsunami type flight without as aggressive of a bottom wing. Kasta Stal is a good one, and if you like a bead on a driver the RDG Komodo is great too.

i went online to look to buy a pink one with the black stamp but i couldnt find any

teasers

Come on! I finally had my bag sorted out, or so I thought. I have a feeling I'm going to be bagging an Avalanche as I find the CapRap to be too OS, and a regular Raptor to be not quite as HSS as I'd like.

I've heard nothing more about this other than a launch date, April 21st.

Every time I try something different in this slot I still keep going back to predators, so this one is going to have to be really good to win a spot in my bag.

I've heard nothing more about this other than a launch date, April 21st.

Every time I try something different in this slot I still keep going back to predators, so this one is going to have to be really good to win a spot in my bag.

I have taken preds out and put them back in so many times over 18 years. I think the touch of glide they have over most utility discs is so helpful at 5000'.

I ordered 2 today. Hopefully they aren't FAF Firebird useless overstable, since one of the main features seems to be a very flat top.

I know there have already been a couple batches out (disc member, first flight and proto) but it does still sound like they fall between the Rap and CapRap. I havent watched it yet, but saw a video shared elsewhere that someone did a Firebird/Raptor/Avalanche comparison video for youtubes

I know there have already been a couple batches out (disc member, first flight and proto) but it does still sound like they fall between the Rap and CapRap. I havent watched it yet, but saw a video shared elsewhere that someone did a Firebird/Raptor/Avalanche comparison video for youtubes

that sounds right where I want it to be. I'll see if I can find that vid

Unbelievably disappointed in this disc. Less usable than an flat top firebird. Starts fading and gets vertical quickly, there's no carry once it really starts to slow down. I can easily throw raptors 30-50 farther with less effort.

I'd compare it to a speed 9 hellfire. DGA really missed the mark on this one, IMO.

Unbelievably disappointed in this disc. Less usable than an flat top firebird. Starts fading and gets vertical quickly, there's no carry once it really starts to slow down. I can easily throw raptors 30-50 farther with less effort.

I'd compare it to a speed 9 hellfire. DGA really missed the mark on this one, IMO.

chit mate

sorry to hear that

i didnt buy one cuz i couldnt get the color combo i wanted haha

The new tour series hypercanes are also flippier than the majority of hurricanes. I am wondering if some consistency issues are starting to plague discraft, or maybe just what they make for dga.

The new tour series hypercanes are also flippier than the majority of hurricanes.

that's wild, I am trying out the Venom because the FF hypercanes I have will beat any wind but are way too much to throw when there isn't any.

some people online are saying the avalanche has 'pushing stability, between a raptor and cap raptor' but the two I got must be defective then, because they immediately try to move left and try to turn vertical pretty quickly on the lss portion of the 'flight'.

maybe it is inconsistency, but either way I'm sticking with raptors or predators because I still like my overstable discs to fly well

that's wild, I am trying out the Venom because the FF hypercanes I have will beat any wind but are way too much to throw when there isn't any.

some people online are saying the avalanche has 'pushing stability, between a raptor and cap raptor' but the two I got must be defective then, because they immediately try to move left and try to turn vertical pretty quickly on the lss portion of the 'flight'.

maybe it is inconsistency, but either way I'm sticking with raptors or predators because I still like my overstable discs to fly well

People got the disc member box ones before the release. Those don't sound as flat and people were saying they are much straighter than anticipated. Some even saying slight turn? There was also very little talk about what they are supposed to fly like, so who knows?