• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

GGGT sells a ton of discs on ebay - you get your pictures and exact weights there.

Yes, but their in store stock and what they put on ebay/amazon are different. They reserve specific discs for online orders. You will not have nearly the selection. Frustrating especially in the case of discs like the alias.

Had a nice 120' or so birdie with the Alias today at a league round. Since getting the Alias, it really helped me unlock the Axis, which has become a big part of my game as of late. I was using the Axis & Vector for shorter finesse shots with the Alias and Tensor for longer drives.

Well, the more I've worked with these discs, I've found that they work better for me in reversed roles. The Axis and Vector are sneaky long and glide like crazy, and the Alias and Tensor have been great finesse discs.

With the winds getting stronger throughout the round today, I found myself going more for the added stability in the Alias over the Axis, and was able to drain the approach shot on a long hole. As others have said, the more you work with this disc, the more you really see what a fun, versatile and reliable disc it is in the bag.

I got my new Alias today. 176. And I got to field throw it for about 30 minutes and played a round of nine and broke it out on a few holes.

Right out of the box it feels like a longer broken in Vector with more glide. It feels really good in my hand and reminds me of a Buzzz type feel with the angle of the rim. Definitely longer than the Axis or Vector or maybe it's just easier to throw.

For some reason it also feels bigger than the Tangent but then look to be the same width.

My first few throws I was grip locking it for some reason. I blame wet conditions and new plastic. I'm really looking forward to it breaking in. In a month or two it's going to be a nice straight disc with some fade on the end. Not a lot but in between the Vector and the Tangent.

With a nice low line I was getting lasers with no fade.

The jury is out and it's in the test phase in the bag. Hope to break it in nice this weekend.

It also felt larger than the tangent to me. Odd I suppose.... Whatever the case, it remains my favorite off the tee mid in the bag.

I've been doing some field work with the Alias and I'll finally have a chance to get it on the course this weekend. But in field work I'm starting to get it dialed in and it's turning out to be exactly what I'd hoped. A more stable Tangent that's easier to throw than the Axis.

This thing is so easy to throw it's almost ridiculous.

Just. Wow.

There is a reason there are so many MVP fanboys and why most of us are so fanatical.

I know they say it's the archer and not the arrow but dang if these aren't the best arrows out there. It really does make a difference.

I picked up a neutron Alias and love it way it feels in have. It has the most comfortable grip of any mid I have ever picked up. My initial impression after one round is a very workable neutral flight path, maybe a tick less low speed fade than an Axis.

Is there any stability difference in proton vs. neutron for this disc? I haven't noticed any for the Crave.

biggest difference i noticed in the two was proton being a little stiffer. P is 171 and N 180, only noticeable difference in flight for me was how much wind it was willing to tolerate before deviating.

I really love the low profile of the Envy, but I'm missing the lower fade that my Anodes have yielded. Inbounds suggests that the Anode is directly in the middle of the Envy and Alias in terms of distance, turn, and fade. The Envy is closer in feel and shape to the Alias than it is the Anode; is there some reason that I shouldn't use the Alias as a straight putter? (I own all of them but I'm still a pretty new player. Also, it's been too cold where I live to do outdoor experiments.)

Last edited:
The first thing I noticed when I picked up an Alias is how comfortable it feels in a putting grip. If you putt well with it, use it as a putter. Although I think you'll find that in putting range it will have more fade then an Anode.

I have to say I'm not loving my Alias.

My main mids are a beat Vector and a Tangent. The Alias is like my beat Vector but with more glide and less HSS. So right now I have not use for it. I am going to keep it in my bag though. It was months of partial use until I discovered how awesome my Vector was so maybe the Alias will come around as it gets broken in.

this disc is everything i wanted a warship to be. replaced 2 warships and a roc3 with P/N max weight and N 169 and will never go back. buzzz comparisons are accurate. like mikeC says they are beefy, more-so than my FR vector. hoping the 169 will beat quickly to a flip disc, then bye-bye fuse.

The Alias is like my beat Vector but with more glide and less HSS.

I agree with the Less HSS part, but they have the same glide to me.

I also, find the Alias to be a little easier to throw dead straight than my beat vector.

im in a toss up right now of which one to use for my straight mid, they are both so good.. in the end the vector might be a little more versatile being more wind resistant and having a familiar feel over the past couple years.

I agree with the Less HSS part, but they have the same glide to me.

I also, find the Alias to be a little easier to throw dead straight than my beat vector.

im in a toss up right now of which one to use for my straight mid, they are both so good.. in the end the vector might be a little more versatile being more wind resistant and having a familiar feel over the past couple years.

I've never thrown the vector, so right now I am enjoying a disc that feels tangent like but with a touch more stability. It's very easy to dial in your shots with just a small hyzer adjustment. I don't even want to touch a vector at this point, because it will probably mess up the good mojo I have with this disc. lol

First round all year today, finally have the city baskets up! Decided to take a minimalist 'learners' bag of both craves 173,163 and both aliaii, 170,178. Neutron all around. Also my ion for putting. There was a little wind, but nothing major.

I really wanted to find out what lines the alias was good at. So today I had it try all of the shots the other three mids do. I am so happy, I think I will be eliminating my axis and tangent. I may keep one axis for shots where I can use it's turn and long glide. I was very pleased at how the alias held the anny tangent lines but never turned over even in the wind. It just held the line and glided forever. I didn't find the late fade of my eclipse max weight vector, so for now I think the alias will attempt to approach, do anny duty and 200-210 low ceiling duty. I really love this disc, and today was the first day where I started to get a rapport with it. I will take the alias for a one disc round this week for a second interview.....

Two thumbs up!

Ok, I like the Alias now. I can now see what every one has been taken about. The problem the whole time (and I can't believe I didn't notice it before) was that my Alias was warped.

I couldn't understand why it tracked so hard left as soon as it came out of my hand. On a few pulls I could throw it hard enough to make it go straight but I took it out of my bag within a week. I kept trying to put it back in but it just sucked.

Then I noticed that in my bag there was a small gap between the bottom of it's rim and the faceplate of the disc it was beside. I took it out and looked at it in profile. Holy warpage Batman!

After some research I put it in the oven on 220 degrees for 5 minutes. Then I put it rim down on my countertop and put a pot upside down on top where the rim of the pot of just about half an inch smaller than the disc. Then I put some heavy stuff on it and left it overnight.

Ta-da! Now, it's awesome. Easy, easy, easy to throw straight with a tiny it of light fade at the end but can take a lot more power then my Tangent without any turn.

Long ranger putter.

I really love the low profile of the Envy, but I'm missing the lower fade that my Anodes have yielded. Inbounds suggests that the Anode is directly in the middle of the Envy and Alias in terms of distance, turn, and fade. The Envy is closer in feel and shape to the Alias than it is the Anode; is there some reason that I shouldn't use the Alias as a straight putter? (I own all of them but I'm still a pretty new player. Also, it's been too cold where I live to do outdoor experiments.)

I bag both the Envy and the Alias, both have the same core color and similar weights. If I am playing minimalist golf out of my nutsack(no PA1 or JOKERi), I am bad about grabbing the Alias and putting with it. I usually notice it when it flies directly over the basket.
Before I moved to the PA1 as my main putter, I would pull out the Alias on purpose if I thought I was going to have to jump putt with the Envy. Having said this, I push putt. I can lob the Alias almost as well as the Envy. It's just that the Alias will magnify any putting mistakes.
I have also found that the Alias works well for a low speed flex shot if one is running the basket outside of putting range. I had rather use the Envy for a flex shot run at the basket, but over about 150 feet, the Envy will hyzer too far out.

To me the Alias is a better, if shorter Buzzz or a longer Pure. I took both the Buzz and the Pure out of my bag. The Alias did both of their jobs.

See the flight chart.
http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR0125005169221501250042380596O

Last edited:

Latest posts