• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Axiom Alias

Alias replaced my beat Vector because its just so easy to throw straight, and im thinking about just dropping vectors all together and going Tensor, Alias, Tangent. I would have all the mid slots covered.. I hate to give up a great mold, but i felt the same way when i replaced my Axis with a beat vector and that turned out to work great for me so we will see what happens this time :)

MVP seems to be building a lineup with lots of different combination possibilities or permutations. I think it's great. As implied above it is a great problem to have, and with discs that take foreve to break in and go flippy, this is even better. One can find the specific combination that works for them and count on it, without having to worry about a quick break in changing things, or losing a disc and not getting a very similar replacement.

MVP seems to be building a lineup with lots of different combination possibilities or permutations. I think it's great. As implied above it is a great problem to have, and with discs that take foreve to break in and go flippy, this is even better. One can find the specific combination that works for them and count on it, without having to worry about a quick break in changing things, or losing a disc and not getting a very similar replacement.

^ That's a HUGE benefit, indeed. I just recently pulled the Axis and Vector out cause I have been really getting along nicely with the Tangent, Alias, Tensor combo myself. They just feel so similar in the hand, and am actually getting some decent FH shots out of them as well (which is nice for someone who's typically a RHBH thrower for Left to Right shots).

I still like the Axis and Vector, but they have felt the most redundant in the bag. For some longer shots where their glide has been nice, the speed 6-7 class of MVP/Axiom fairways have been the go to's.

Nice to have lots of options within the MVP & Axiom lines!!

I've been thinking and planning my mid setup for 2014 but haven't really thought about Tangent/Alias/Tensor combo. Actually that sounds really workable!

I wish MVP or Axiom would make an under-stable midrange because the Tangent is really more neutral to slightly-us. I have beat in my tangent enough that it turns over but an out of the box turnover mid would be nice to have.

^^ I would really like that too. Something like a "Tengent ss" (to use the Buzzz - Buzzz ss analogy) would be awesome. The same great feel of the Tangent, but just a tad more us. I can't trust my Tangent to fly us for me, I use a beat up S Element for that. I like to release everything on an hyzer angle, and with a small hyzer angle, the Element will flip to flat and track left (I'm lhbh).
The tangent, with a slight hyzer and good snap will flip to flat but not turn all the way to the ground, not even close for me actually.

^^ I would really like that too. Something like a "Tengent ss" (to use the Buzzz - Buzzz ss analogy) would be awesome. The same great feel of the Tangent, but just a tad more us. I can't trust my Tangent to fly us for me, I use a beat up S Element for that. I like to release everything on an hyzer angle, and with a small hyzer angle, the Element will flip to flat and track left (I'm lhbh).
The tangent, with a slight hyzer and good snap will flip to flat but not turn all the way to the ground, not even close for me actually.

Nice call. Element and axis are very similar molds but the element is much less HSS. I love that pairing.

After throwing the alias a bit I actually expected a little more LSS. It for sure has the similar flight to an axis with maybe even greater HSS. I normally bag 2 tangents and can see maybe bagging one of these and 1 tangent instead of a proton/neutron combo. Anyone have both a proton and neutron alias and notice slight dome impacting the flight at all or all coming out the same?

After throwing the alias a bit I actually expected a little more LSS. It for sure has the similar flight to an axis with maybe even greater HSS. I normally bag 2 tangents and can see maybe bagging one of these and 1 tangent instead of a proton/neutron combo. Anyone have both a proton and neutron alias and notice slight dome impacting the flight at all or all coming out the same?

So in the more stable thread you said you can't use more stable. Yet here you say you expected a little MORE LSS Low Speed STABLity. Then Greater Stability. Quit using our meanings. :p

;)

Between my testers I noticed the protons have a flat shoulder and the neutrons have a very slight curve. I'm not sure if there is any effect on flight but the grip feels a little better on the board flat protons. I've been keeping a pair of Protons in my bag, with my one getting nicely broken in and the other one fresh and stable.

I've been playing a few Alias / Tangent / Envy rounds lately just to see how far I can push my mids these days. I've had no issues putting the Alias pin deep on any hole under 400' with a high ceiling. Normally with a full bag I only use it up to 340-350' but there are a few longer holes I'm thinking about using it on now. The lack of fade at 380' is a pretty awesome thing.

I FAIL AT LIFE. "MY LIFE!"

Low Speed Stability* (LSS or FADE) refers to the disc's flight characteristics during the end portion of the disc's flight. The higher the rating, the more a disc will try to fade to the left as it slows down.

So yes, I expected the alias to have more fade at the end of its flight than it did from some of the initial reviews--found it to be much like MC just posted.

The alias defines stable. Hope that helps with some of your issues.

Low Speed Stability* (LSS or FADE) refers to the disc's flight characteristics during the end portion of the disc's flight. The higher the rating, the more a disc will try to fade to the left as it slows down.

So yes, I expected the alias to have more fade at the end of its flight than it did from some of the initial reviews--found it to be much like MC just posted.

The alias defines stable. Hope that helps with some of your issues.

You are the one using more stable twice yet refuse to acknowledge you understand it's meaning. Next you'll say less HSS (LESS STABLE). :p:p:p

You are the one using more stable twice yet refuse to acknowledge you understand it's meaning. Next you'll say less HSS (LESS STABLE). :p:p:p

Obviously you did not read that thread in it's entirety. The only person that is agreeing with you by aguing a point made note that Stability and Stable do not refer to the same thing. You are trying to make an agurment out of something that is not there.
Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
Chinese Proverb

Obviously you did not read that thread in it's entirety. The only person that is agreeing with you by aguing a point made note that Stability and Stable do not refer to the same thing. You are trying to make an agurment out of something that is not there.

Yet Innova uses more/less stable in reference to stability. See my last post referencing Champion plastic being more stable. Yes, found on the Innova plastics page. But since you guys are more experienced and far bigger authorities then the Champ and the creator of the modern golf disc I guess you are right. :p:p:p

Yet Innova uses more/less stable in reference to stability. See my last post referencing Champion plastic being more stable. Yes, found on the Innova plastics page. But since you guys are more experienced and far bigger authorities then the Champ and the creator of the modern golf disc I guess you are right. :p:p:p

It's all fun and games in the stability thread, but let's please just keep it there. It's flat out annoying in every other thread.

I wish MVP or Axiom would make an under-stable midrange because the Tangent is really more neutral to slightly-us. I have beat in my tangent enough that it turns over but an out of the box turnover mid would be nice to have.

^^Third this. The GL fuse is back in the bag since the N alias is not breaking in fast enough.

Been playing with a 173 proton alias for about a week and I am loving this disc. I can't believe I'm saying this but it is going to bump the tangent out of the bag. This disc just hits any line like the tangent but is better in the wind and even when I put too much Anny on my shots it comes out of it beautifully and glides down. Its making me look better than I am...lol

Been playing with a 173 proton alias for about a week and I am loving this disc. I can't believe I'm saying this but it is going to bump the tangent out of the bag. This disc just hits any line like the tangent but is better in the wind and even when I put too much Anny on my shots it comes out of it beautifully and glides down. Its making me look better than I am...lol

exactly the conclusion i came to, except i opted to stay with the tangent due to my setup.

exactly the conclusion i came to, except i opted to stay with the tangent due to my setup.

Alias wont ever cover some of the more understable lines IMO that a tangent can. While its not a shot you need often some of those tight gaps with a line that travels out left and needs a late slow turn or the ability to not fade out early of a anhyzer and glide to the ground with less effort.

I haven't seen your post about Champion plastic, can you post it again?

Latest posts