• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Stuck in a hot and stuffy room for jury duty today. To try and stay awake I'm going to cling to the hope that when I get home there will be a parcel from Justin at comm discs full of new plastic goodness waiting for me. I ordered the envy along with a re stock of other mvp discs when the envy was released. Due here in nz any day now. Hopefully that day is today.

Well that sure makes my impatience at waiting for preorders to arrive seem trivial... :doh: Hope you get your plastic soon! They are fun to throw!

Interesting. So the inertia is being likened to a wraith is it? I'll definitely be picking one up but it'll take something special to replace my wraiths.

No one really knows what the Inertia is yet. It is billed as slightly understable, but so are lots of discs in that speed range. Something from the MVP driver line could replace your Wraiths, I'm sure. But it'll take a while to find out which one it'll be.

Got some time in with this bad boy. For those who don't like the feel of driving putters because of a deep rim, this is a good putter to drive with. Like everyone said, you can really rip into this disc. I got some surprising distance out of this. Usually, on a golf line, I'm most comfortable using a putter up to 250ish drive - but the Envy was getting close to 300 ft for me on a drive.

Doing some putting with it, the main thing I noticed it excelled over my usual putter (wizard), was putting in the wind.

Same rim options per model as Neutron. Core colors are largely similar as the N selection with a few differences

Thank you sir. I hope to find a purple/orange in the initial release.

On an unrelated note I recently acquired the last unthrown(maybe?) 2011 Asia Open ZT Rhyno. :D :thmbup:

I'm curious how the Envy compares to the Breaker flight wise...

I actually just filmed a driving putter video for Hucking Aces. We compared Envy, Pig, Breaker, Zone and Jokeri. We user a Proline and a SP Breaker.

Breakers were noticeably faster than the Envy, and much longer. Zone distance. Much more overstable as well. I dont know when the video will be up, but I will post it when it goes up.

and why ill be sticking with Ions. as far as feel difference its a winner for those who don't like ion/anode feel but with the smaller bead i don't see it holding the stability as long as these fresh are and even more so over the life of the disc like an Ion. Time will tell but the big bead has its advantage with envy not having much more over all stability.

Indeed. I have one Envy that has already developed some turn. Its the one I posted about earlier that was getting some huge dings and gashes after hitting nothing. But thrown with just a touch of hyzer and it is no longer noticeable.

Still trying to figure out how the OS rumor got started. I remember pretty early on the word was that it was a driving Ion, which it is.

I actually just filmed a driving putter video for Hucking Aces. We compared Envy, Pig, Breaker, Zone and Jokeri. We user a Proline and a SP Breaker.

Breakers were noticeably faster than the Envy, and much longer. Zone distance. Much more overstable as well. I dont know when the video will be up, but I will post it when it goes up.

Nice. I don't feel like Breakers are THAT overstable...wasp-ish, maybe. I just keep reading about how great/long/straight/shallow the Envy is, and I was thinking it sounded like a Breaker. There is a slight possibility one or two could show up around here for sale (envy's, that is), but almost zero chance I'll see someone on a course with one. I'd have to travel a while to find someone drinking the MVP/Axiom Kool-aid.

Nice. I don't feel like Breakers are THAT overstable...wasp-ish, maybe. I just keep reading about how great/long/straight/shallow the Envy is, and I was thinking it sounded like a Breaker. There is a slight possibility one or two could show up around here for sale (envy's, that is), but almost zero chance I'll see someone on a course with one. I'd have to travel a while to find someone drinking the MVP/Axiom Kool-aid.

Breakers are pretty OS. You could actually bag both, in my opinion. They are very different discs. Breaker flies like a mid, Envy flies like a putter. I'll get on the producer for Hucking Aces to hurry up with the video...we're giving away an Envy when the video comes up, so you might have your chance to get one for free! :thmbup:

Nice. I don't feel like Breakers are THAT overstable...wasp-ish, maybe. I just keep reading about how great/long/straight/shallow the Envy is, and I was thinking it sounded like a Breaker.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Breakers for me were like slightly beefier Rhynos. I have a Pro Line in my testing stack to try alongside.