• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Not trying to call you out or anything, we just see things differently here. I love driving with my putters; 80% of shots that are within 300' I throw them. So fairly often I throw big sweeping hyzers with my Envys, which makes the tosses by AIM seem like a fairly mild angle to me. YMMV. If you haven't experimented various drives with your putters, I recommend trying it out; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Definitely, putters are great fun to throw on sweeping hyzers, slow turning anhyzers, gentle fade lines(w/OS putters), and dead straight the whole way with a truly neutral 0 HSS, 0 LSS mold...of which the Proxy is one. Threading hyzer and anhyzer lines through a heavily wooded course with a putter, it doesn't get any better than that.

Can't say I see any turn out of my Proxy up to 275'. It's no longer fresh, but it's closer to fresh than beat.

Basically, this is right where I'm at. I've got 3 Proxys, and one of them, I do see a bit of the L to R drift when I really lean into it, or into some breeze. But otherwise I just think of them as straight.

I really have to say this is not true at all. When a neutron envy gets seasoned, you can hammer on the thing and it will line drive to your target. It will NOT turn. Can't say that with a proxy, fresh or beat.

MMM, maybe, I don't find the Proxy to be particularly turn-y...but I think it just depends someone wants from a "seasoned" Envy.

But I don't disagree that the Envy is truly turn-proof. They really do inspire the confidence to just wail on them.

Last edited:
my beat envy has almost no fade. but its hss is higher than my proxies. like stated before my proxy will drift a little if ripped hard. my beat envy though dead nuts straight no matter how much power i give it and its maybe a .5 fade now if that. enough to carry a fresh envy my beat one and a proxy. the beat envy won't hold anny lines as well as the proxy.

my beat envy has almost no fade. but its hss is higher than my proxies. like stated before my proxy will drift a little if ripped hard. my beat envy though dead nuts straight no matter how much power i give it and its maybe a .5 fade now if that. enough to carry a fresh envy my beat one and a proxy. the beat envy won't hold anny lines as well as the proxy.

The final sentence is what caused me to bag a beat Envy & a Proxy.
Envy are stubborn discs. I couldn't get even a beat up 165g to hold an anny to the ground.
I can get a fresh Proxy to do it with relative ease.

My form is probably not as great as everyone else on here from what it sounds like. It takes a good proper rip for me to push 250 with my Envy, Proxy or Pure. I'd say the shortest is the Proxy for me on most throws. What I've noticed is, it's incredibly straight with no wind, but it is less wind resistant than most MVP discs I've thrown. I definitely get left to right movement with any sort of headwind that the Pure would stay straight on and the Envy would fade out of. FWIW, my Pure is heavier than my Envies and Proxy.

The final sentence is what caused me to bag a beat Envy & a Proxy.
Envy are stubborn discs. I couldn't get even a beat up 165g to hold an anny to the ground.
I can get a fresh Proxy to do it with relative ease.

Well this has all helped to reinforce my decision to bag both. Thanks for the input all. Jcass you just need to order some proxys when you do your next envy order ;)

Why can't they release the Envy in their baseline Electron plastic instead of Plasma? I'ts a putter, I want to use it as a putter in baseline putter plastic. Plasma looks great but it's the wrong plastic to put with.

The proto putter is closer to an Envy. I sure hope they release that thing already, it's money.

Why can't they release the Envy in their baseline Electron plastic instead of Plasma? I'ts a putter, I want to use it as a putter in baseline putter plastic. Plasma looks great but it's the wrong plastic to put with.

I putt with Plasma and am happy with it. I'm not digging that Electron is one of the weakest baselines on the market. And I am not interested in shelling out $12 to cycle constantly. Even with just putting practice, electron seems to take a beating. If MVP/Axiom up their baseline plastic game, then I might be able to agree. But, again, Plasma is just fine with me, even in the cold. If they upped the durability, I might think about using electron in winter and plasma the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Anyway, I am digging the Envy. Love that I can throw it hard and expect it to fly straight. I don't have to worry about turning it over. And it has some very nice distance to it. It might start to take over shots that I normally would pull out a midrange for.

I putt with Plasma and am happy with it. I'm not digging that Electron is one of the weakest baselines on the market. And I am not interested in shelling out $12 to cycle constantly. Even with just putting practice, electron seems to take a beating. If MVP/Axiom up their baseline plastic game, then I might be able to agree. But, again, Plasma is just fine with me, even in the cold. If they upped the durability, I might think about using electron in winter and plasma the rest of the year.

Lmao, I guess you've never used dx, pro d, or s plastic from gateway. Electron is far superior to all of these. But hey, that's none of my business. I have atoms from release day that are still perfectly fine. I have atoms that I bought used that are perfectly fine. I have an atom that tacoed on a tree hit. Still flies perfect to the numbers. It's baseline freaking plastic. It is going to take damage. That's what baseline does.

Anyway, I am digging the Envy. Love that I can throw it hard and expect it to fly straight. I don't have to worry about turning it over. And it has some very nice distance to it. It might start to take over shots that I normally would pull out a midrange for.

The Envy has taken most of my mid shots as well. Most rounds I don't even throw a mid anymore. Just an Envy and Crave for 90% of my shots. My Verdict, Alias, and Theory only come out on a very few number of drives for certain courses and very little else.

The Envy has taken most of my mid shots as well. Most rounds I don't even throw a mid anymore. Just an Envy and Crave for 90% of my shots. My Verdict, Alias, and Theory only come out on a very few number of drives for certain courses and very little else.

This were I am now.
ZFlx zone, pro d zone, envy, and now proxy (was opto pure)
I almost don't use mids at all

Lmao, I guess you've never used dx, pro d, or s plastic from gateway. Electron is far superior to all of these. But hey, that's none of my business. I have atoms from release day that are still perfectly fine. I have atoms that I bought used that are perfectly fine. I have an atom that tacoed on a tree hit. Still flies perfect to the numbers. It's baseline freaking plastic. It is going to take damage. That's what baseline does.

I actually built my new house out of electron atoms.

I can't really agree that the current electron is far superior to dx or really anything from gateway. The dx blend of the current thunderbirds is awesome and there have been really good batches of dx in the past.

I'm amazed you have atoms that survived tree hits and haven't shown a change in flight.

For me, electron is a little too expensive and only really for putting. But $12 for a disc that I'll only use to putt from 40-50 feet isn't much of an issue. Probably wouldn't ever cycle the current blend at that price.

If the reg holds up to a beating better than the soft I'm guessing the future firm blend will be the most durable and maybe suitable for mids and drivers