• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Do you trust the softer plastics not to roll away any more, or does it make much if any difference with the over-mold?

I've got to get one of these, but not sure how different the overall rigidity is on the soft neutron or plasma is compared to regular neutron. The over-mold is the same, right? I know all the MVP/axiom hard neutron discs are pretty rigid and I wouldn't want to throw them if I was really worried about rolling away, I'd throw a G-star disc instead. But with the over-mold, does really make much difference?

Last edited:
My experience with soft discs in general is that they roll away more when they get on edge. I'm not sure on the physics of this, bur when my soft N gets on edge, it rolls quite a bit. My blowfly is even worse at rollaways. The benefit of the soft to me is in landing them flat. I'll throw my Blowfly at a fast green flat and it will just stop dead in its tracks where a harder disc will skip by the basket. The soft N isn't quite as good at sticking, but doesn't skip like the harder P and N do. I use the soft for drives and approaches and my P for putting.

Got my 172g Neutron plastic Axiom Envy today. Blue flight plate with fairly bright red overmold/rim, looks really good. But I was even more impressed with how it performed on the course. It's definitely more overstable than the Proxy, but that means I can drive with full power and it doesn't turn over. It had very good distance, too; I look forward to throwing it against the Opto Pure to see who'll win the distance contest. On approach shots the Envy did well. I had one high anny/flex shot that really held the anny more than I thought it would. I did get some skip with it, but since I was throwing with the idea of a fade happening, that skip worked in my favor more often than not.

Definitely going to work with the Envy some more. It's a solid disc.

Yeah, it holds an anhyzer really well, it's not really OS. It's more of a stable disc.

It definitely is more stable/overstable than the Proxy. Maybe because it's new. IMHO the Envy and Proxy will make a great pair if (and when) carried together in the bag.

Last edited:
You throw the envy with hyzer and it definitely can definitely act with overstsble putter flight.

You throw the envy with hyzer and it definitely can definitely act with overstsble putter flight.

Agreed. And just to be clear on the language and terms:

When I threw the Envy straight and flat with full power on a drive or near full power on a long approach, it flew straight and then faded left (RHBH throws). Not a meathook overstable, but stable/overstable.

When I threw with deliberate hyzer, it definitely hyzered, and often skipped some but not a huge amount.

On approaches, it would fade at the end but stay parked around the basket. On these throws, however, I would normally throw the Proxy right at the basket with the idea of putting it in the chains.

So the Envy is not Firebird/Banshee/Whippet/Gator type of 'overstable' at all. And over time as it seasons in, I can imagine it's going to become straighter in its flight. I guess one analogy, but not TOO much of an analogy, is a Roc3 that flies straight before fading.

Bottom line, Envy/Proxy combo = good disc golfing.

The Envy reminds me a lot of a Roc, except it's more comfortable in the hand than the Roc is and it comes out consistent between plastics.

Other people think the Proxy has the same HSS as the Envy, but I think even when beat, the Envy has more HSS than the Proxy. I'm 90% convinced it was created by a high level wizard of some sort, ergo, magical disc.

Anyone have any envys they are selling? I'm really interested in trying one out as it seems that they're the best shallow driving putter on the market.
It is.
i am trying the roc3 out as my longer envy lol.

Envy is a a bit more high speed stable and definitely more fade than the Roc3. Envy is more like a shorter Wasp.

agreed my envy is very used. just put a fresh in.

Man, I can't wait to get my Envy broken in some. Used a Proton all of last season until it started getting cooler and switched to Soft N, but I would only throw it a couple of times a round (perfect for those shots, but not a shot I need too much). So neither have lost much from where they started as far as I can tell. What is the flight on yours now that it has been used so much?

It's a sad day...I'm out of touch with my Proxy and Envy...can't throw the things anymore...BUT that's nothing some field work can't fix! I don't know why but I just couldn't control them well the last time I played, which was very unusual. Some putter rounds are in my future for sure!

As much as I like the envy it is not a user friendly disc.

My opinion here obviously, but it is a high speed driving putter. It demands good arm speed and excellent disc control.

I would not recommend the envy to anyone trying to learn how to drive with putters.

Wow. Now see I would say that about the anode. Love it for putting but you really have to keep good control of angles with that core.

Envy is automatic for me. Silly easy to put it where I want it.

Wow. Now see I would say that about the anode. Love it for putting but you really have to keep good control of angles with that core.

Envy is automatic for me. Silly easy to put it where I want it.

I'm kinda with you. I see more people struggle throwing the ion than the envy.

My opinion here obviously, but it is a high speed driving putter. It demands good arm speed and excellent disc control.

I would not recommend the envy to anyone trying to learn how to drive with putters.

I agree with you that it takes more arm speed to throw it correctly than most putters, but it also eats up OAT, so it is forgiving of poor form. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much in the way of helping someone learn to throw with finesse and control. Depends on what you're looking for, I suppose.

:confused:
Id say if you cant drive w/an envy(proxy/atom)... you might need to quit disc golf but that's just me' ions are much harder to dial in on driving lines with the big bead and deep feel.