• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

Yesterday I trotted out my Insanity, Inertia, and Impulse and decided to have an experiment in the tradewinds that are common to South Florida. Realize I have about 300' of power, and the discs are all 155g.

The one thing I noticed was that the Impulse was definitely the most under stable of the three. I enjoyed crafting shots around the hazards where I needed distance. I can hyzerflip this disc and it will generate some high speed S-curves, and it does not need that much room. The Inertia was the most over stable of the three, and would have predictable fade. The Insanity slots right in between, and I found it an absolute joy to throw.

My playing partner (random doubles, but a player who is rated around 960) saw me throw a hyzerflip with the Insanity and said, "Dwayne, get five of those discs, and make them permanent in your bag; you are bombing that disc." He went on to mention that he thinks that this disc is closest to the Innova Beast, and as they break in they may become just enough under stable to reduce the molds that I would want to carry - the power requirements I found was closer to the Impulse than the Inertia, which for me needs just that little extra oomph to get going.

As a ramen noodle arm, tossing this disc out there 275' shortens the holes nicely for me for the teepads I normally play on. A definitely winner.

Little teaser for my Ohio Insanity Test video. Lots of good throws from a wide range of skill levels...gonna be good.

Bought a max weight Proton yesterday at Disc Golf World and it feels a bit more stiff than the Neutron. Looks pretty nice too :thmbup:!

20150514_180010.jpg

Not really diggin my insanity :-/ wanted to love it. Just didn't hit my sweet spot I guess. Pm me if anyone is interested

I love my neutron. It's so soft and so straight. It beat in to perfection.

Out of the box it got a ton of turn but would fight back towards center. It still does that when thrown flat and powered down a touch. I've just figured the angle for me that allows it to flip to flat and go

I wish all my neutron was gummy like the insanity. I really like it. Can dig my finger in, but the flight plate is keeping its shape.

Sounds like the fireball is like this, maybe when the shops start restocking wraths and isanity there will be some of both available? I would love to see a slightly firmer flight plate, but would hate to see the softer go away completely. This stuff would be awesome for winter golfin.

Had the pleasure of golfing with Aim for the Chains today. He brought an Insanity and a Fireball with for me to try. Wow did I ever fall in love with the Insanity. Had my furthest throw ever with Aim as a witness. Hey Aim bud, thanks for an absolute game changer of a disc. And even a 174. Just a super sneak long,long disc for me.

Was waiting for it^ haha! Out driving hole 1 for me first round with it wasny even powered up. Deeeez bomb.

Some great GYRO rips today. And those champ condor/zep were fun to try!

Last edited:
Was waiting for it^ haha! Out driving hole 1 for me first round with it wasny even powered up. Deeeez bomb.

Some great GYRO rips today. And those champ condor/zep were fun to try!

Yeah man, the Insanity is crazy long for you. What's really funny is I have a DD Freedom. That's what I normally throw on 5. Never once has that freedom gone as far as the Insanity today. I was not expecting that at all. Lol.