• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The Insanity is a stable-understable distance driver.
Insanity Model Specs
Class: 20mm Distance Driver
Weights: 155g - 175g
Diameter: 21.1cm
Rim width: 20mm
PDGA max weight: 175.1g (150 class available)
The Insanity is the first of our 20mm Distance Driver class for Axiom Discs, complementing the MVP 20mm class. The Insanity is best described as a worn-in MVP Inertia, with slightly more high speed turn and a diminished fade. For average power throwers the Insanity will be remarkably straight, while high power throwers can execute precise flip and turnover lines with ease. Whether you're looking for that sweet-spot worn disc flight, or you're looking to achieve bigger Inertia lines with less power, give Insanity a shot.

The Insanity is currently the only Axiom disc in the 20mm Distance Driver class. The 20mm Distance Driver class will continue this year with the overstable Fireball, stable-overstable Wrath, and understable Virus. These models complement the MVP 20mm lineup of Motion, Tesla, Inertia, and Impulse.

Insanity_Neutron_Black_Pink.jpg

Curious how much this will differ from the Impulse, which flys like a beat Inertia for me.

interesting

worn-in Inertial probably won't sell me on the disc though

Bummed they're leading off with the understable stuff. Inertia was plenty understable for me as it is.

Really curious to see on which side of the Tesla the Wrath sits. And how will the Fireball differ from the Motion?

Bummed they're leading off with the understable stuff. Inertia was plenty understable for me as it is.

Really curious to see on which side of the Tesla the Wrath sits. And how will the Fireball differ from the Motion?

I agree. Only benefit is the eye popping colors and white rims that I obsess over.

Is bet the Wrath and Fireball are both a tick more US than their MvP counterparts. The Motion is pretty darn OS already. And for most arms the Tesla is pretty beefy.

Is bet the Wrath and Fireball are both a tick more US than their MvP counterparts. The Motion is pretty darn OS already. And for most arms the Tesla is pretty beefy.

Makes sense. Lots of space to fill between the Tesla and Inertia, and a more overstable Motion would just be silly.

A longer Crave would be intriguing, which I assume is what the Wrath will be. They have that dead straight type disc at every other speed class of theirs. Won't need one for the bag but would still be curious to throw one.

The Axiom releases are for me all precursors to the speed 12s due to come.

I don't have an Impulse, so I'll probably pick this up, but I think I am most excited about the Wrath. If it's a 10 speed Crave I will love it.

I love the Inertia, but if I'm not dead on that day it can be unforgiving in regards to holding a hyzer instead of flipping to flat. Impulse was a bit more squirrely. If the Insanity is a more forgiving Inertia with a tick more predictability than the Impulse...$$$$.

Won't buy this, but I'm looking forward to the "worn in" Tesla, whichever one of Axiom's discs that turns out to be. I'm learning MVP... Now I wait for the Axiom release and get what I wanted my MVP discs to be all along. Now if we could only get Axiom to release a first run Volt I'd be a happy camper (or at least less paranoid about losing my FR Volt :D).

This sounds mighty tasty. Hopefully it has less fade than either the Inertia, or Impulse.

I am excited for this disc. On the 13th I'll be playing a round with my to be brand new Anode and Insanity. What a cool name though, honestly, INSANITY!!!

If the Fireball flies like a Firebird and the Wrath like a Wraith then I may quit.

I think it coincidence that the names can be similarly matched to Innova molds. If these were single shot molds and MVP had nothing else going for them it might give this stretch more credence as a grab for credibility, but MVP have as much credibility as anybody going and would gain nothing from the association with their fanbase. The names go with their existing naming convention. Envy and Wrath are both 'deadly sins', and sidle along with Crave as another emotion. Fireball... meh. I think just Fire would have been better. Axiom Fire (add playing with Fire bit here). I still think we need an over mold lid called 'Sloth' for that set, but that's another story.

I think it coincidence that the names can be similarly matched to Innova molds. If these were single shot molds and MVP had nothing else going for them it might give this stretch more credence as a grab for credibility, but MVP have as much credibility as anybody going and would gain nothing from the association with their fanbase. The names go with their existing naming convention. Envy and Wrath are both 'deadly sins', and sidle along with Crave as another emotion. Fireball... meh. I think just Fire would have been better. Axiom Fire (add playing with Fire bit here). I still think we need an over mold lid called 'Sloth' for that set, but that's another story.

I thought we had discussed this before and come to the hypothesis that MVP is subtly trolling Innova and retaliating for the Atlas name being so close to Axis (especially with it being a straight over molded mid). (This is also seen in Axiom releasing another straight mid called the Alias, literally one letter different from Atlas a la Wraith/Wrath). I really really doubt MVP, the mad scientists of disc golf would coincidentally name two of their discs remarkably similar to two Innova discs with similar flights. You have to BELIEVE!

If the the Fireball flies like a Firebird then I might pick one up.

Latest posts