• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

Got a chance to throw my 175g Proton Insanity yesterday and it's already in the bag. The Proton plate is just a little gummy, which I like. It hyzer flipped really well on my FH shots and gave me a couple big bombs. I read some reviews describing it as a speed 10 disc but I feel it might border on the speed 11 side. Was faster than any Beast I've ever thrown.

Question:

How is the Neutron plastic for the Insanity. Is it really soft like I found on the Fireball and Crave? Are all Axiom Neutron discs this way?

The insanity was the first axiom disc to released in this gummy neutron. And no cause I wish I could get my hands on a proxy made in this stuff. I also agree that the "10" speed class is more like 10 1/2.

I preferred proton but going to bag the inertia for a while again and see which mold i like more.

I am currently bagging the virus which rolls better and threw inertias b4 insanity was around but didnt like how they had to be thrown on a steeper anny for rollers. Insanity really is right inbetween both molds and the fresh flight of one is so unique it just didnt stay that way for very long.

If i wasnt bagging a virus and had no experience with inertias the insanity would be a lock for this spot in the bag. Hope i can still find harder inertias and will need to try a plasma to see how it can pair up. Loving the volt set up right now in unique plastics like fission and plasma. Insanity doesn't offer unique flights out of different plastics unless you find some domey ones.

Being i was using it for multiple shots it seasoned up quickly but not really flippy. Rollers do work to any slightly US mold though i wouldn't be concerned if only throwing air shots.

My point was virus will be in the bag and dont care how US it gets while i can cycle inertias and cover what insanity did assuming plasma offer a slightly unique flight as is the case with teslas/volts/amps

Just did an hour of field work with the Insanity and I love how I can get a huge laser hyzer flip (FH or BH) without have to really wind up for it. I can just focus on control instead of powering into it. It appears to be my long distance Comet.

Insanity is amazing. I have been bagging Neutron and Proton versions since their release dates amd both hold true after a few months. Others are having problems?

Mine seems to have about the same amount of turn as when it was fresh. It might have lost a little fade, but not much. Even fresh, mine was much less stable than my Inertia though.

Necro bump.

Finally! got my 165g Neutron Insanity in the mail. Fresh out of the box it's a lot like my Inertia, but with some work and seasoning in we'll see how it goes.

Someone posted somewhere that MVP/Axiom discs don't glide like the numbers say, and I think that might be correct. When throwing the Insanity on the range, I did not feel like it was getting glide distance, but just distance based purely on how hard I threw it.

The disc has potential, so I'll work with it a little bit and see how it goes.

Someone posted somewhere that MVP/Axiom discs don't glide like the numbers say, and I think that might be correct.

Until somebody can define the actual difference between speeds 13 and 14 besides profit, glide is an imaginary number. Take that with a grain of salt though because I buy discs that are best for control, not hang time.

4 sure M. Grey. There are no MVP flight ratings bc they are made up in the first place really. Glide being the worst.

I want a disc anyway not a kite.

Insanity had more glide in my experience vs inertia

I was in the "they don't glide well camp" but that was until I threw an anode and an inertia.

Introducing the Plasma Insanity, in stores April 29th.*

The Plasmafication of Axiom's 20mm Distance Class has begun with the Plasma Insanity.* The Insanity is best described as a worn-in MVP Inertia, with slightly more high speed turn and a diminished fade. For average power throwers the Insanity will be remarkably straight, while high power throwers can execute precise flip and turnover lines with ease. Whether you're looking for that sweet-spot worn disc flight, or you're looking to achieve bigger Inertia lines with less power, give Insanity a shot.* In Plasma plastic the Insanity has a little bit more shoulder and dome than Neutron plastic, yielding a nice boost to its glide.

To commemorate the release of the Plasma Insanity, we are offering a Special Edition run of the 3-foil Axiom 1616 stamp.* The Axiom 1616 stamp is our artist's interpretation of what Axiom would be up to 400 years ago -- a high-tech flying machine!* The design is executed in beautiful triple-foil stamping, with holographic silver and black foils with red holographic accent foil.

Axiom 1616 will be used during 2016 as a Special Edition commemorative stamp.* Each 1616 stamping run will be available once for a limited amount of time, stamped on demand during pre-release orders or while supplies last.

news_160418_1616insanity01.jpg

I hate it when the sprinklers are on during a round. Makes for a lousy, muddy mess. BUT, it also created this sweet photo op. :thmbup:

This is the SE Plasma Insanity. And oh, what a disc it is. I got it at 151g, and it flies exactly how I expected it to. From the first throw, I had one of my best drives ever one Hole 1. Max distance was around 320-325. It has a nice gentle turn, and since it's so light, is easier to throw than most of my drivers. I had said I wanted the SE Defy, but am so glad that I got the Insanity instead.

Besides being an awesome flier, this is a beauty. The rim feels different. In his unboxing video, KWS Disc Golf mentioned Plasma rims, and I wonder if this is one. It feels gummy, and is more translucent, unlike any overmold I've seen so far. Whatever it is, it's a winner.

This one is going straight in the bag. It will likely take shots away from my HOFC Wave, and maybe even the Relay. Kudos to Axiom and Zam (I assume he made the stamp) on this one. :clap:

Here's more of a closeup of our 1616 inventor friend. I mean, if you don't appreciate the work on this stamp, there's something wrong with you. :p

Interesting...BMX helmets in 1616?

Haha, nah just kidding. I'm like calling out a tiny detail in a picture of a man-powered helicopter.

I may be slow but I just only now realized that the Axiom logo is the top down view of the 1616 helicopter.

I always thought it was some kind of weird cellular biology thing and it kind of put me off, but now I think it's awesome.

I may be slow but I just only now realized that the Axiom logo is the top down view of the 1616 helicopter.

I always thought it was some kind of weird cellular biology thing and it kind of put me off, but now I think it's awesome.

The normal logo actually changes with each mold. The 'blades' are shaped differently to represent the flight of each mold.