• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Insanity

Finally got to get out and throw it. It is more understable than the crave for sure.

I like to throw the crave on slight hyzer with some height and it will flip up, turn over, and come back at the very end. If I try to throw straight shots with it or uphill shots, I have to be very tight with my angle or it will either hyzer out early or turn and burn.

The insanity is definitely a little easier to control for straighter and uphill shots for me as I can put more hyzer on it and know it will keep turning the whole flight. The only max distance shot I went for didn't have enough height or hyzer and turned over.

For reference, I throw the crave about 410 on a max distance shot and actually just threw my longest distance today with my wave, over 500'!

Finally got to get out and throw it. It is more understable than the crave for sure.

Thanks for the report! I was able to toss the Fission Insanity today, actually two of them around 151 grams. Wow, love at first toss (and second, and third, etc.).

Thrown flat, it turned gently for most of the flight and then finished with a baby fade. On a slight hyzer it flipped up to straight, held for most of the flight (maybe a little drift right), and then finished with a gentle but predictable fade. Thrown with height and more hyzer it never went past flat but covered a lot of ground (for me).

The disc even bailed me out a couple of times when I got over on it too much. Same throw with 150s G* Roadrunners would not have worked out so well.

Older Plasma Insanity was closer to this flight, but current Plasma Insanity has a much more prominent fade. Current is not a bad disc, it just doesn't fill the intended slot in my bag.

Fission Insanity is understable but controllable, even at my less-than-awesome distance. Exactly what I want in an Insanity. Reminds me of my old 150s JK Valkyries, which were staples in my bag for many years.

For reference, I throw the crave about 410 on a max distance shot and actually just threw my longest distance today with my wave, over 500'!

Nice to see that the Fission Insanity flies comparably understable lines over a wide range of distances (mine = much shorter than yours :rolleyes:).

Thanks for the report! I was able to toss the Fission Insanity today, actually two of them around 151 grams. Wow, love at first toss (and second, and third, etc.).

Thrown flat, it turned gently for most of the flight and then finished with a baby fade. On a slight hyzer it flipped up to straight, held for most of the flight (maybe a little drift right), and then finished with a gentle but predictable fade. Thrown with height and more hyzer it never went past flat but covered a lot of ground (for me).

Mine just came in today, excited to throw it. Similar weight. A bit windy today but hopefully it calms down tomorrow. Morning should be fine. Replacing some other understable fairways that I've passed onto other new players. Wanted a light more understable complement to my Swift Foxes in axiom plastic.

Any other Insanity throwers here been getting some chips/divots in their rims? I got a Neutron last September and after some months I noticed it got a little chip in the rim. Not really sure if it is affecting the flight because I was only using it on certain holes (RHBH) and also found out I prefer Plasma plastic- which I started to throw earlier this year.

Speaking of Plasma, I just got a backup to my first one I got this April (still in excellent condition) a little over a week ago and just yesterday I noticed that there was already a little tiny chip in the rim.

Are any of the above instances a cause for concern or is it just an anomaly? Will flight be affected? Does this affect some Insanity plastics more so than others? (I also have a Fission but I really really absolutely blow when I throw it (RHBH) so it has rarely been in my bag; although I just put it back in to use RHFH as I try to improve my forehand game.)

Pics included. Pink disc is the Neutron. Orange rim disc is the Plasma.

Attachments

• 0830231138.jpg
    0830231138.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0830231142.jpg
    0830231142.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: