• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

That's cool, in4d. Never knew that.

You need to work on your penmanship though. :p

I loved so much the direction that axiom was going with all of their releases, but this disc release is underwhelming to me. I love the switch and I can only assume this disc will be close, but slightly more understable. Seems pretty redundant in the MVP/axiom line up to create a slightly more OS switch or switch clone.

I was wondering the same thing when the crave was announced. Now with this one it seems almost like axiom is "The redundancy department of redundancy".

I will volunteer my noodle arm services to test this one. I wont buy it but, if someone sends me one I will throw it. :)

I can get my rivers out to 275' with my max being 300' on my local courses more open holes. I love my under stable plastic.

The MVP family and fanboys claim this release and that release is the understable gyro disc for everyone ( and never is )...I will believe it when I throw it.

I was wondering the same thing when the crave was announced. Now with this one it seems almost like axiom is "The redundancy department of redundancy".

The crave was still in a spot that could be filled though. I mean it's a great disc too. It has more HSS than a switch and less fade than a servo. I'm not saying you can't fill the spot with a switch/servo combo, but it was a release that gave you options on how to fill the bag. Another switch just gives you a different hand feel. And if it's a more OS switch then you are getting dangerously close to a crave. If it's more understable, I could see others wanting it, but it won't be for me. I can fill all my US duties just fine with a switch.

I'm mostly disappointed because the direction they were going definitely felt like a disc in between inertia and Tesla. Again, a gap that can be filled. And again, you could just use a Tesla and inertia to fill the role, but this would give bag options.

We haven't even seen a profile of the disc yet. The Switch is a unique disc...For me it is more a workable turn and fader than a true understable disc like an XL/Leo. I'm hoping it's got more glide and less fade than the Switch and it may find a place in the bag...The kind of disc that can go as far as anything downhill/downwind.

I'm hoping it's got more glide and less fade than the Switch and it may find a place in the bag...The kind of disc that can go as far as anything downhill/downwind.

This. In my first few rounds with the all MVP/Axiom bag I'm trying out, this is what I found I was missing and wanting the most. I kept thinking, "I wish this Switch had less fade." If Inspire feels like the other 17mm and flies like a Switch with less fade, I'd love to rock the Resistor/Crave/Inspire fairway combo (maybe throw a Servo in there)

I loved so much the direction that axiom was going with all of their releases, but this disc release is underwhelming to me. I love the switch and I can only assume this disc will be close, but slightly more understable. Seems pretty redundant in the MVP/axiom line up to create a slightly more OS switch or switch clone.

I think it helps to see Axiom as a different entity, even though they are manufactured by MVP. They only have one driver so far, so this should pair well with the Crave. It's like Innova/Discmania/Millennium, DC/DGA, or "Trilogy." There is a lot of overlap there, but each company has to have their own line.

Class: Fairway Driver
Stability: Understable
Weights: 155g – 175g
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Rim Width:17.0 mm
Released: 5.23.2014

The Inspire is an understable fairway driver.

The Inspire is the second fairway driver from Axiom Discs, and is an understable complement to the breakout hit Crave. Skilled players will be able to get smooth straight and turnover/flip lines from the Inspire, while beginners and lower-powered throwers will gain distance and usability from its understable nature. Inspire is the easiest-to-throw GYRO™ driver.

I get that axiom is a different company, but look at the previous releases. Slightly OS more lid-like driving putter envy. That was a different kind of disc than any MVP. I mean it isn't as OS as initially thought, but still the idea was there and it's still a solid disc and different that could compliment an MVP bag or be a replacement. The alias is a slightly more OS compliment to the tangent. Again could overlap, but could be a nice compliment too. Bag options. As stated before, the crave filled a gap like the alias did (though the gap was smaller with the alias). I see how people would be interested in a new/different switch like driver, but there is a bigger gap that could be filled and was more in line with how the previous releases were going. I'm just disappointed in that. Not hating, just stating.

The other way to look at it is:
1st - slightly OS putter
2nd - neutral to slightly OS mid
3rd - neutral to slightly OS fairway
4th - ... US fairway.

I felt revved up by that order of release is all.

Profile is up on the site. I've been throwing these for a few months now and they're very useful to me. Like a worn Switch, or a seasoned QJ. Not quite a Leopard but does overlap with some of their lines. It's a really smooth turn for me.

I wasn't really excited about the crave b/c of my volt set-up but one model neither company has is a truly understable putter, mid, or fairway. It would appear the impulse is going to be that DD but the switch, tangent, and anode are closer to stable than understable.

While not every person who currently uses MVP discs needs this new model or their distance driver really it DOES appeal to a huge range of buyers IMO. I also sometimes miss a disc like my FR visions or a super beat DX that you can throw crazy skymahawks, long standstill shots or huge spike anny's and flat released rollers.

It looks like the inspire has slightly less shoulder, and the edge of the wing is a tad sharper on the under side. Where as the switch has a rounded under side.

Last edited:
Profile is up on the site. I've been throwing these for a few months now and they're very useful to me. Like a worn Switch, or a seasoned QJ. Not quite a Leopard but does overlap with some of their lines. It's a really smooth turn for me.

Sounds delightful. Awesome work, Axiom!