• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

Ultimately, dishonest ratings cause little damage. In the short run they may entice more visitors to a course, but some of those visitors will review with honest ratings, and the course rating will average out to something reasonable.

And the original bad review will accumulate downvotes.

The thing is, there are a handful of unique courses that don't really count as Disc Golf courses but are fun to play regardless. I've seen a few such reviews but can't think of any off the top of my head. If I ever played one, I would probably review it 3.0 and say, "my rating really doesn't matter; decide for yourself whether this is a place you would have fun at."

The thing is, there are a handful of unique courses that don't really count as Disc Golf courses but are fun to play regardless. I've seen a few such reviews but can't think of any off the top of my head. If I ever played one, I would probably review it 3.0 and say, "my rating really doesn't matter; decide for yourself whether this is a place you would have fun at."

Wouldnt wanna be canceled haha

Ratings are for filters. Reviews are for decisions.

So please explain to me how writing garbage reviews would result in getting canceled? How exactly does that work here on DGCR?

Adding original quote for context.

Who cancels middle of the road opinions, only either end of the scale draws criticism. The rating of 5 is the issue here with the forum mega posters, alledging not enough was written as the concern. If this was a 4.5 or better yet 1 , no one would of cared. 3s here on out. Tennnhut.:|

Arays reciew did not give it justice, simply a homer adjustment.

DO NOT, under any circumstance, think that the review came from me.

Personally I like what the owner did at Dino Hills. My second time playing it a couple weeks ago. The grounds is a campsite with a disc golf course on it. He made the "putt-putt" disc golf course adjacent to the parking as a fun thing for local kids and first-time-exposure to disc golf. Having "putt-putt" style disc golf courses might be great for "pre-beginners" and little kids.

DO NOT, under any circumstance, think that the review came from me.

Personally I like what the owner did at Dino Hills. My second time playing it a couple weeks ago. The grounds is a campsite with a disc golf course on it. He made the "putt-putt" disc golf course adjacent to the parking as a fun thing for local kids and first-time-exposure to disc golf. Having "putt-putt" style disc golf courses might be great for "pre-beginners" and little kids.
Sorry aray typo.

With that , i quit.

Sorry aray typo.

With that , i quit.

This isn't an airport...no need to announce your departure.

Is this your first time on the internet? I mean you post something that is largely considered rather egregious by this community (a poorly written and very short review) and you're surprised by the push back? Seriously?

Just noticed this one, from someone who tends to write good (if short) reviews...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9635&mode=rev#87189

"Turf teepads are easy on the knees" - wait, what?

Digging way past a bunch of thumbs downs and drive-bys, a few of our trusted reviewers rated the course highly. So - a bad review for a good course?

Last edited:
after what Paulie has done for disc golf, he can write one word reviews for all i care. when you've designed top 10 courses, rating a course a 5 speaks volumes on its own.

that said, he's exactly the kind of person i'd like to hear go on quite longer

after what Paulie has done for disc golf, he can write one word reviews for all i care. when you've designed top 10 courses, rating a course a 5 speaks volumes on its own.

that said, he's exactly the kind of person i'd like to hear go on quite longer

I am sure the guy is a gem. Sounds like he reviewed one of the top courses in ID. Sadly, I have NO idea what the course is about. I do really like turf tees though, they are much easier on old knees. :p

I've seen turf tees that would blow out Big Foot's knees; seems a reasonable 'pro.' :p

Just noticed this one, from someone who tends to write good (if short) reviews...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9635&mode=rev#87189

Digging way past a bunch of thumbs downs and drive-bys, a few of our trusted reviewers rated the course highly. So - a bad review for a good course?

Lots more drama/discussion on this course in the 'Movement in top 10' thread. Almost every review of that course so far is from homers coming of the woodwork giving drive-bys, and that was enough to catapult it into the 5th highest-rated course in the world on this site.

I'm sure it's a great course, but it's really hard to tell exactly how great, when it's homers all the way down. Hopefully more people will be traveling there this year, to see what it's actually like.

Lots more drama/discussion on this course in the 'Movement in top 10' thread. Almost every review of that course so far is from homers coming of the woodwork giving drive-bys, and that was enough to catapult it into the 5th highest-rated course in the world on this site.

I'm sure it's a great course, but it's really hard to tell exactly how great, when it's homers all the way down. Hopefully more people will be traveling there this year, to see what it's actually like.

Yeah, but the 4 TRs who've hit it all seem to concur. Quit being sour grapes.

Latest posts