• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Advice

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Mcpro Aviar: 200/240'; Roc3: 250/280'; Valk: 300/330'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Can't seem to cover all the shots I need on the course, also looking for a faster driver to get more distance.

Bag:

Drivers:
Champ Valk. 175,158- main drivers
Champ Thunderbird. 168 - annys
Champ Roadrunner 169- overstable
DX Firebird.- Utility

Fairway:
Champ Leo3. 168. Understable, straight
Gold line River. 170. ????

Mids:
Mcpro Roc3. 180- main mid, hyzer
Gstar Mako3- straight, understable

Putters:
Mcpro Aviar. 175 - main putter

Not in the Bag:
Wizard
Dragon
Mirage
Kite

I love the Nutsac brand bag. They make a larger version, but I have the standard size. Pros include just looking great, being super durable, holding up to 8 discs (guess that'd be a con if you like going disc heavy), and being able to throw any shot under 200' without taking it off. The only cons are the rounded bottom means it falls over if you set it on the ground (I usually hang it from the tee sign), and the drink holder instructions were way wrong. I keep only 6 discs max in mine so I can use the front pouch for my towel and mini. Having room for only 8 discs max forces me to be picky instead of hauling around crap I never throw. But then I tend to minimalism and would never lug a backpack or push a cart. But, to each his own.

Are the uses of the Roadrunner and Thunderbird switched?

My suggestions to try:
Star/Champ Gator - slow utility
Star Teebird - stable to slight OS fairway
Champ Teebird - OS fairway
Champ Firebird - upgrade your DX for true utility use
Star Valk low 160's - max d

Latest posts