• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Hooks - Good idea? bad Idea?

Bag Hooks?

• Total voters
I also have Quads, so pegs don't work for me, but the primary reason I don't use them is because I have my bag maxed out with discs and hanging it on a peg puts enough curve on the bag to sqeeze the discs to where I can't get them in or out.

I actually prefer to put my bag on a bench, sits flat that way.

But I know lots of people like them, so pegs don't offend me.

If they are ergonomically placed correctly or convienent i would use them, but would not go out of my way to use them

Never thought about that, usually just hang my bag by the strap on the sign post whether or not it has hooks or put it on the recycling bin. depending on what bag you have, maybe put a carabiner where the straps connect, then take an S hook that is closed on one end.

While the point about setting your bag down for all other shots is true, I think the difference is because the tee pad is the most traveled part of the hole. Chances are this is the area that is going to be really dirty or muddy.

I'd use one. It should be placed about 10ft behind the tee pad in the direction of travel from the previous hole.

Great point about placement in direction of travel. SOme of the current tee signs (if the pegs on the sign are used) come after benches or are opposite side of tee from travel. THey would need to be relocated to serve the dual function (tee sign & bag holder). Human nature to take path of least resistance.

I don't like the idea of pegs, and I wouldn't notice or use them. Unless you come across a bunch of really cheap hooks or pegs that you can easily attach to a tree or post that's already there, I think it's a waste of resources and clutters up the tee pad area. Keep it simple.

I always hang my bag from the tee sign. I guess it has just become habit now. When there are hooks, I use them. Only one hole, at one course, out of the 20 I have played has had hooks. If there were hooks at more tees, I would use them; however I agree about the clutter, it would be best to attach them to the tee sign to keep things simple.

I think bag holders are a great idea.

Tyler State Park has them as a seperate post from the signs (although none of the pictures here show them).

I think it is a great luxury to have on a course. I stress the word luxury. If you are looking to make the course top of the line it is something that can eventually be added, but other more important things to handle first would be excellent tee pads, signs, mutliple tees/baskets locations, etc.

I do love the bag holders, but there are many other things that are more important first.

My bag can handle getting a little dirty. I don't use hooks when they are there, and don't miss them when they're not.

We put them in @ Beaver Ranch, and I have srarted to install them @ my private course (Phantom Falls). I have been using old ski's and snowboards for benches, and I have been using the disgarded ski bindings (the back binding) as unique bag hooks for each hole. Cheep, green, and unique.

We have green metal tee posts out at our course. I found a hook type thing at lowe's for like $1.25. Those installed well. I attached a picture of those. Also...on our main sign I'm probably going to install some metal hooks. You can find those in the hardware section as well at Lowes for like $2.00. It would be something you might hang towels on in a bathroom. I'll attach a picture. I think those would work well on a 4x4 post or anything else wooden. Hope that helps. I love the idea of bag hooks!

Attachments

• 038613325753lg.jpg
    038613325753lg.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1
  • beigou4d.jpg
    beigou4d.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1
Okay so yeah, your bag's going to be on the ground all the time after you tee off, but still I think it shows care and concern on the part of the designer, and maybe the people who play there will think about it and not screw it up.

Ever hopeful ...

There's one place we play regularly, that has a short length of PVC through the signpost to hang bags on. Even though it's only useful at the tee, I appreciate them. When the weather's as muddy as it is now, any little bit helps.

Good idea if they are don't break or the fasteners work loose. I don't look for them because I usually just put my bag on the corner of the teepad if it is wet and muddy.

They're a pro if they're there, wouldn't really notice if they're not.

I really don't care if there are hooks or not. I just don't use them. Some people love them and for the cost, which is pretty cheap, then if that what makes the course a little bettter, then put them on.

They'd be better for people with single strap bags, but with quads I wouldn't use them. I prefer a bag rest for them. That wouldn't be a good way to do that for cheap and/or vandal proof however. Like some others said, pro if they're there, not a con if they aren't.

I believe they are great at the tee pad, the course I play gets really muddy at the tee because of all the traffic and the rest of the course is not that bad. So even though it is the only place that your bag won't be on the ground, it is the place where the most mud will get on the bag even though every other throw the bag will be on the ground. The course I play doesn't have them, but it has benches or tables at most holes.

Latest posts