• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Hooks - Good idea? bad Idea?

Bag Hooks?

• Total voters
Thing is, at a tee, I want to SIT on the bench, and I'd rather not have to ask someone to move their bag. The ground at a tee is usually the worst spot aside from the basket areas, so mud and gunk is worse.

I don't always use them when available, but I like them. Why not use them with Quads, for that matter??? That's the silliest excuse I've seen for not using a holder...

I like them at the tees. It's a good spot to double check your bag and you don't have to bend or squat right before your main shot for each hole. It's not much, but it saves your back some strain. I usually hang my bag off the sign, so a peg or hook would be cool. I think the only thing to watch for would be square edges. Use rounded edges on whatever type you use so there is no issue with snagging straps.

Lakewood Hills in White Bear, MN has bag hooks on a few holes. they are really nice actually. just make sure they arnt anywhere close to in the way. make sure there are at least 4 hooks for tournament play.

4 x 4 post about 4-5ft high. and four posts with braces extending 8-10 inches off the post. heres a picture i drew to illustrate. the "hooks" on them wernt the most durable. id attempt a different design thats a bit stronger. maybe just a round post put through the middle of each side would do it. or even puild the hooks outa 2 x 4 haha. i think of all sorts of ways to do it cheap.
2i82037613p

Two for a $1.50 at Sears.......... avoid screwing them into pine trees, the sap leaks out and down the tree right where your bag rests when it's hung there.

26408_g.jpg

could have used some todat, so muddy

I like having bag hooks, but they're certainly not something I need or expect at a course. My disc golf stuff has been muddy before, and I'm sure it will be again, so I don't worry too much about it.

Latest posts