• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag rating/suggestions welcome!

Brent555

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2 years (very casual), Ultimate 3 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wraith:310/350

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?:
Other sport proficiencies?: Ultimate
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: It seems like it is finally where I need it to be where I have a disc for every role, but I just wanted to get opinions.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Still working on form and getting rid of OAT.
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to gain more control over hyzers and anhyzers for specific shots.

Bag:

Distance drivers:
Overstable: 171 pro wraith, 175 champ firebird (headwinds)
Stable: 169 pro valk
Understable: 168 champ mamba

Fairway drivers:
Overstable: 171 champ Teebird
Stable:170 D XL
Understable: 168 Opto River

Mids:
Overstable: 171 R-Pro Roc+ (will most likely change to a rancho roc)
Stable: 169 Z Buzzz
Understable: 170 Z Comet

Putters:
Overstable: 170 300 PA1
Stable: 172 Classic Judge
Understable: 170 Magic

I have a few other discs, but these are the ones that have made it to my bag that I feel like can cover any shot I need with proper practice (still working on it). Does anybody see anything I'm missing or have better suggestions for a certain slot? Such as "______ isn't actually overstable, _________ would be better." Thanks for checking it out!

Bag doesnt look too bad. I'm not exactly sure just how overstable a Pa1 is, but a Champ Rhyno might be more what you're looking for. My only other advice is to just start cycling the molds you like the best. Wraiths are great for cycling

If you like Discraft there are a few OS mid options that you might like to try out. The Wasp, Hornet, Buzzz OS, and Drone are all great OS mids. I hear people cycle Wasps, my favorite is the ever beefy Drone in FLX

Personally, I don't consider Teebirds or Wraiths OS.

I also don't think that you should necessarily build a disc golf bag like a set of golf clubs where you need one for every so called hole. Beginners should probably limit themselves to about five molds and lay off of super OS discs and distance drivers altogether.

Yea I figured most people would say that, but my Wraith is my least used discs and I really only use it to kinda test my improvement and for tomahawks. Thanks for the tips though everybody!

Bag doesn't look bad. Some stuff your calling understable is most likely OAT. Keep at it you will figure out what works best for you. Keep slinging them!