• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag straps

DJ Troll

Par Member
I got a F.A.D.E. Tourney bag for Christmas and am now carrying around 20+ discs each round. The strap that came with it is killing my shoulder so I want to upgrade to backpack style straps. The FADE straps look the nicest but I really don't need the rain hood as I don't play in the rain if I can help it. (I don't play in tourneys either so I can pick and choose when I play, sorta). The Innova straps look like they would not be very confortable. So, I guess my question is: What type of straps do you use?
Will all the commercial straps fit my FADE Tourney bag?

Thanks.

Any of the backpack straps will work just fine with that bag. The fade straps are great for the rain cover, but if you don't care about that I would definitely recommend phenix quads. They are really durable and comfortable, mine held up for 3 years of hard use and are still in great shape. I never had a problem with mine, but I've heard positive things about their customer service from people who did have issues.

Lat 64 straps have been awesome for me, but I think the Phenix straps would probably be the best long term quality. I have the Lat straps because I have the Lat bag:)

I've been using el cheapo innova straps for a couple years now, other than being completely sun faded brown they work just fine.

Just go with brown bag company gel suspenders from home depot or lowes for about 25 bucks. Very nice

I just got the Karma and used the old innova straps and found them lacking, so I got the quad shocks and love them!!!!! They are a lot more comfortable with a bigger bag.

Does anybody have anything bad to say about Quad Shocks?
They are the standard to which all other straps are compared.
Just buy'em and spend your time worrying about other stuff, like what discs to keep in that new Fade Tourney bag. ;)

Paid $50 for my Phenix Quad Shocks at a local store. I know I paid more than I could have ordered them for, but my wife wanted to get them for Father's Day for me. I have had them for about 3 years now with no problems.

I would never go back to a single strap, again.

Does anybody have anything bad to say about Quad Shocks?

Yes.

While my pair of Quads have kicked ass and held up amazing for 3 or 4 years, some are not so lucky. I told a buddy to buy some... He got a pair about a month ago, maybe 2 months.. His broke after 1 round and Phenix wouldn't help him out so he had to sew them back together himself.

Worse yet, this has happened before with Quads where a run or two have been terrible and people had a hard time getting help from Phenix about them.

Don't get me wrong. I love mine. And I have heard some glowing reports of Phenix's customer service. But I'm not sure I would buy another set from some of the horror stories I have heard and witnessed.

Last edited:
I have a new set of phenix quads and LOVE them. I have read the horror stories...but mine are flawless and damn comfy!

I got a used set of quad shocks, and they are holding up fine. I'd say they are about 2 years old. If they break I'm pretty sure I'd get another set. They are comfy!

There is a thread somewhere on the first few pages where people have been complaining about the durability of their quad

I only heard good things about Phenix Quads, which is why I went out of my way to get them. I'm regretting that big time now:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66518

I have since heard from the vendor, and they want me to fix it myself or go to a shoemaker and have them fix it. They have stopped selling the product because of the number of customer complaints and poor service from Phenix. If you can get the old ones, they are probably great, but stay away from the new ones.

I love the strap that came with my latitude 64 bag its wide and padded. If my shoulder starts to get tired I just loop the bag over the back of my neck and down under my arm pits making it sit just like I have quads. Works great!

Latest posts