• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag to Bag sharing of ideas

more like a duffel bag:D

If that bag were to burst, you would see this on the ground:

Disc20Golf.jpg

maybe it just because youre so good. i dont know we will see later this week

I just talked to the wife, and she told me she needs me to run to Walmart tonight anyway, and I also have to mail off a bill before 6am, so I will head to Walmart in about an hour, and get some envelopes and mail off your disc before sunrise. You should have it by Thrusday

Drivers:
Champion Groove (167)
Star XCaliber (175)
Star Destroyer (175)
Star Wraith (167)
Star SL (167)
Champion Valkyrie (171)
Champion Sidewinder (170)

Fairway Drivers:
Champion TeeBird (171)
Champion Eagle (172)
DX Leopard (149)

Mids:
Champion Spider (167)
DX Skeeter (170)
DX Shark (179)
DX Roc (180)

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar (172)
DX Rhyno (171)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (169)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (172)

I dont suppose you'd be up for selling that 172 champ eagle?

Drivers:

Champion Sidewinder 175g
Champion Monarch 175g
FLX Avenger SS 171g
Champion Roadrunner 175g
FLX Surge 174g

Fairway Drivers

Champion Leopard 175g
DX Gazelle 172g

Midrange

Pro D Buzzz 174g
Elite Z Buzzz 176g
Champion Shark 175g
Champion Panther 169g

Putters

R Pro Aviar 175g
Star Aviar 175g
Pro Pig 175g
Pro D Rattler 174g (Approach Disc)

Oh lordie, here we go:

Drivers:

ESP Surge: Distance, a tad understable driver.
Z Surge: More stable driver
Z Pred: Beat in, straight to hyzer
Z Force: Big spike hyzers, skips, etc.

Mids:

ESP Buzzz: Straight, and sweeping annies
Z Wasp: Straight, and slight hyzers
ESP Drone: Big wind fighting mid.

Putters:

Soft Magnet: Main putter within 50 ft.
Magnet: Longer approaches
Z Magnet: Longer hyzer approaches
ESP Zone: Big hyzer approaches, wind fighting putter

I think that's about it!

Oh lordie, here we go:

Drivers:

ESP Surge: Distance, a tad understable driver.
Z Surge: More stable driver
Z Pred: Beat in, straight to hyzer
Z Force: Big spike hyzers, skips, etc.

Mids:

ESP Buzzz: Straight, and sweeping annies
Z Wasp: Straight, and slight hyzers
ESP Drone: Big wind fighting mid.

Putters:

Soft Magnet: Main putter within 50 ft.
Magnet: Longer approaches
Z Magnet: Longer hyzer approaches
ESP Zone: Big hyzer approaches, wind fighting putter

I think that's about it!

You don't think that Z Magnet could do its job and the job of the Zone?

Drivers:
Champ Valk 169
Champ Viking 167
Champ Viking 171
Pro Leopard 167
Champ Beast 170

Mid Range
Elite X Buzzz 173

Putters/Approach
DX Aviar 169
BB Star Aviar 171
SS Voodoo 175

You guys seem to carry so many discs! I feel I can do all that I want to with what I currently have and am only waiting until I improve to the point where I can/should add more discs. Does this sound reasonable for someone who has been playing consistantly for 2 years now? I don't know, but it seems to be working for me.

Yeah, believe it or not that's all in one bag...along with sanding pad, 2 extra minis, 5 or so pencils, small clipboard,birdie bag, extra ziplock bag for the clipboard in case of rain. I play in the state championship series, so because there are so many different courses, I just keep a lot of discs for the different shots I'll use. Some courses I may never pull out a certain disc, others, I'll pull out a disc and use it more there than playing my home course in a year. Thank goodness for Quad straps!!

You don't think that Z Magnet could do its job and the job of the Zone?

For me, definitely not. The Zone almost blends putter - midrange - driver for me, and I use it when I need a pretty sharp hyzer, or a ~250' bombing hyzer, something I am not comfortable doing with a Z Magnet. The Z magnet I am much more comfortable within 150'.

For me, definitely not. The Zone almost blends putter - midrange - driver for me, and I use it when I need a pretty sharp hyzer, or a ~250' bombing hyzer, something I am not comfortable doing with a Z Magnet. The Z magnet I am much more comfortable within 150'.

OK, just wondering

Drivers:
Champ Valk 169
Champ Viking 167
Champ Viking 171
Pro Leopard 167
Champ Beast 170

Mid Range
Elite X Buzzz 173

Putters/Approach
DX Aviar 169
BB Star Aviar 171
SS Voodoo 175

You guys seem to carry so many discs! I feel I can do all that I want to with what I currently have and am only waiting until I improve to the point where I can/should add more discs. Does this sound reasonable for someone who has been playing consistantly for 2 years now? I don't know, but it seems to be working for me.

You may want to add a more overstable driver and possibly mid. You don't seem to have anything that you can really crank without fear of it turning over. For a driver you may want to try out an Orc or Surge SS and for an overstable mid the Drone and Pig work quite nicely. And sometimes it's nice to have a hard hook at the end or be able to power a hyzer shot knowing it will stay on its line, in which case you may want to try drivers that are even more overstable like a Wraith or Surge. Although, it really just depends on how you throw and what you're using your current discs for.

Last edited:
drivers:
QJLS 175
polaris LS 170
orion LS 175
Z XL 174
Z stalker 175
champ teebird 175
champ orc 175
champ starfire 175
champ xcal 175

mids:
z buzz 179
z drone 178
dx shark 173

putters:
(4) XD 175

used to also carry a valk, sidewinder, roadrunner and a spider. wasn't using them much though and trying to lighten up the bag.

Last edited:
Might add an overstable

I have a champ ORC that I really haven't messed around with, I'll pull that out and give it some throws. I did have a Wraith of which I lost and haven't replaced. But with that one as well don't have a whole lot of time with. I hyzer/spike hyzer with some of my other discs, but don't get much distance out of it simply becasue they are a little slower.

lots of similar stuff (teebird, QJLS, polaris, stalker) cuz i'm trying to work on getting max distance from slower, straight throwing discs. starfire and xcal are mostly for forehand. putters on all approaches. haven't used mids much for awhile but have started driving on shorter tees with them.

lots of similar stuff (teebird, QJLS, polaris, stalker) cuz i'm trying to work on getting max distance from slower, straight throwing discs. starfire and xcal are mostly for forehand. putters on all approaches. haven't used mids much for awhile but have started driving on shorter tees with them.

If you're looking for a nice mid, try a Wasp. It's a great disc, and can definitely be thrown off the tee for some longer shots. I have one in Z plastic that I can't live without.

drivers:
QJLS 175
polaris LS 170
orion LS 175
Z XL 174
Z stalker 175
champ teebird 175
champ orc 175
champ starfire 175
champ xcal 175

mids:
z buzz 179
z drone 178
dx shark 173

putters:
(4) XD 175

used to also carry a valk, sidewinder, roadrunner and a spider. wasn't using them much though and trying to lighten up the bag.

You might want to put the Roadrunner back in your bag for understable shots, unless you can throw sidearm.

Latest posts