• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag to Bag sharing of ideas

Ok, two questions:

1. Why do you carry 16 drivers?:confused:

2. Why do you feel the need for 4 putters? What do they do for you?

i forgot to mention that i share a bag with my brother so the
Champion Monster
Champion Valkyrie
ESP FLX Surge
Champion Boss
DX Wraith
Elite-X Tracker
star wraith and 3 putters are his. :D lol.

i forgot to mention that i share a bag with my brother so the
Champion Monster
Champion Valkyrie
ESP FLX Surge
Champion Boss
DX Wraith
Elite-X Tracker
star wraith and 3 putters are his. :D lol.

You can't get one of your own?:confused:

the bag is mine he just puts his discs in it, :D chill dude. he is going to get his once he gets money

the bag is mine he just puts his discs in it, :D chill dude. he is going to get his once he gets money

I wasn't getting excited, I was just asking a question. You were a little deceiving on the way you presented it, because you made it look like you threw all those discs in the bag.

I didn't mean anything, you just misrepresented yourself.

ok you are right, i am sorry. dont want to start anything we all love the sport.

Its all good. I am not here to start anything with anyone. I was just asking, because I was suprised to see someone carring 4 putters. Of course I should talk, I carry 3, but I do have my reasons.:cool:

Its all good. I am not here to start anything with anyone. I was just asking, because I was surprised to see someone carring 4 putters. Of course I should talk, I carry 3, but I do have my reasons.:cool:

I thought this thread was started was to get opinions on why people carry what they carry. Guess not everyone read that part of the first post. :)

Drivers:
Champion Groove (167)
Star XCaliber (175)
Star Destroyer (175)
Star Wraith (167)
Star SL (167)
Champion Valkyrie (171)
Champion Sidewinder (170)

Fairway Drivers:
Champion TeeBird (171)
Champion Eagle (172)
DX Leopard (149)

Mids:
Champion Spider (167)
DX Skeeter (170)
DX Shark (179)
DX Roc (180)

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar (172)
DX Rhyno (171)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (169)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (172)

Drivers:
Champion Groove (167)
Star XCaliber (175)
Star Destroyer (175)
Star Wraith (167)
Star SL (167)
Champion Valkyrie (171)
Champion Sidewinder (170)

Fairway Drivers:
Champion TeeBird (171)
Champion Eagle (172)
DX Leopard (149)

Mids:
Champion Spider (167)
DX Skeeter (170)
DX Shark (179)
DX Roc (180)

Putters:
KC Pro Aviar (172)
DX Rhyno (171)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (169)
Elite X Soft Banger-GT (172)

What do the two different weighted Bangers do for you?

I usually use the lighter one for longer/uphill putts, and the heavier one for regular putts, or when my confidence isn't the best. In reality, it's pretty much just in my head. If I've missed some putts w/ one of them, sometimes I'll switch to the other one just to try and make myself think, 'ok, i'll sink the putt w/ this one'.

Putters:
171g Blowfly..beat in and my main putter
171g blowfly...much newer,and used as my approach putter
171g R-Pro aviar...my "wind" disc, or when I need an approach with a little more hyzer
171g Huk Lab Ryno...usually my harder turn hyzer approach putter

Midrange
171g Pro Pig....my forehand putter, also used as a hard turn approach/short driver
175g Star Gator.....my "go-to" approach/short drive forehand disc
175g Champ Coyote....my "point and shoot" midrange...will do about whatever I want it to do, great glide
175g Crystal Z Buzzz....my "long range" midrange...pretty straight with a slight fade at the end
175g R-Pro Cro....slightly stable approach disc, mostly for those longer hyzer turn shots

Forehand Drivers:
172G Champ Banshee....shorter range driver
173g Z-Flick...max stable driver...when it HAS to turn hard
173g Z-Crush....stable, but goes further than my banshee
171g Star destroyer <bottom stamp>..stable, but further than my Crush, also use for s-turn forehands
169g Star destroyer...my "go-to" forehand driver...gets best distance
175g Champ Teebird....my straighter, and less fade, forehand disc...also used for my forehand anhyzer shot...holds a great line.

Backhand Drivers:
163g StarTL...used as a shorter range slight hyzer driver..good glide
166g Champ Groove....used as a stable high speed hyzer driver
166g Champ Monarch...used as my distance driver...has a slight fade at the end
163g Star Roadrunner...used as my straight distance driver, or as a slight anhyzer driver
162g Star Sidewinder...used as a s-turn driver, or when I need a "flippy" driver
171g Star Sidewinder...used when I need a slightly more stable sidewinder shot
165g Orion LF...when I need a long drive with a predictable hard fade at the end of the flight, also my "go-to" disc in windy conditions
166g FLX Surge ss...just replaced my starfire with it...use it for hyzer drives.

then I also have my "specialty disc" which is a 171g Candy plastic TL.....usually my "thumber" disc, but if we play a 1 disc only round, this is it...works good as a backhand,forehand, and roller as well...oldest disc in my bag, so just know what it will do.

Yeah I traded for them not to long ago and am really liking them so far. The magnet it great for driving and I prefer the Titanic, which is quite a bit stiffer for putting. how about you?

Yep, right there with ya. I use my Magnet for 160ft-40ft in. Under 40ft I use the Titanic.

Yep, right there with ya. I use my Magnet for 160ft-40ft in. Under 40ft I use the Titanic.

Yeah I have been using the magnet from about 200' -100' but I pull out the MRX within 100' to about 40'. Still getting used to the Magnet too, it flies crazy straight and I still want to compensate for it to come in left.

175 JK Aviar
166 JK Aviar
172 beat DX Rancho Roc
180 fairly fresh DX San Marino Roc
180 KC Roc
172 Champion Spider
176 Pro Cobra
172 DX Gazelle
168 DX Cheetah
167 DX TeeBird
168 Star TL
170 Star Eagle
172 Star Sidewinder
150 Champion Sidewinder
168 Champion Valkyrie
150 Pro Valkyrie
171 Pro Starfire

The Gazelle is about beat to death and I'll probably replace it soon with a fresh Cheetah. The 150 Pro Valkyrie isn't working out like I'd hoped. It's just too unpredictable for me, so I'm thinking I'll pick up a DX in the 160-165 range to replace it. I want to add a Star TeeBird around 170g, but I'll always carry a DX TeeBird too. Lost a 165 Star Beast a couple weeks back and I miss it a lot. Need another one.

Yeah I have been using the magnet from about 200' -100' but I pull out the MRX within 100' to about 40'. Still getting used to the Magnet too, it flies crazy straight and I still want to compensate for it to come in left.

My Titanic kicked some butt today. Only missed two putts all day.

Putters:
171g Blowfly..beat in and my main putter
171g blowfly...much newer,and used as my approach putter
171g R-Pro aviar...my "wind" disc, or when I need an approach with a little more hyzer
171g Huk Lab Ryno...usually my harder turn hyzer approach putter

Midrange
171g Pro Pig....my forehand putter, also used as a hard turn approach/short driver
175g Star Gator.....my "go-to" approach/short drive forehand disc
175g Champ Coyote....my "point and shoot" midrange...will do about whatever I want it to do, great glide
175g Crystal Z Buzzz....my "long range" midrange...pretty straight with a slight fade at the end
175g R-Pro Cro....slightly stable approach disc, mostly for those longer hyzer turn shots

Forehand Drivers:
172G Champ Banshee....shorter range driver
173g Z-Flick...max stable driver...when it HAS to turn hard
173g Z-Crush....stable, but goes further than my banshee
171g Star destroyer <bottom stamp>..stable, but further than my Crush, also use for s-turn forehands
169g Star destroyer...my "go-to" forehand driver...gets best distance
175g Champ Teebird....my straighter, and less fade, forehand disc...also used for my forehand anhyzer shot...holds a great line.

Backhand Drivers:
163g StarTL...used as a shorter range slight hyzer driver..good glide
166g Champ Groove....used as a stable high speed hyzer driver
166g Champ Monarch...used as my distance driver...has a slight fade at the end
163g Star Roadrunner...used as my straight distance driver, or as a slight anhyzer driver
162g Star Sidewinder...used as a s-turn driver, or when I need a "flippy" driver
171g Star Sidewinder...used when I need a slightly more stable sidewinder shot
165g Orion LF...when I need a long drive with a predictable hard fade at the end of the flight, also my "go-to" disc in windy conditions
166g FLX Surge ss...just replaced my starfire with it...use it for hyzer drives.

then I also have my "specialty disc" which is a 171g Candy plastic TL.....usually my "thumber" disc, but if we play a 1 disc only round, this is it...works good as a backhand,forehand, and roller as well...oldest disc in my bag, so just know what it will do.

Good lord, do you carry all that in one bag?

Latest posts