• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banger GT Soft

Going to the local DG store today here in Bremerton, WA. Almost sold on by the Banger GT Soft as I was told it will greatly help my putting accuracy. Wanted to hear from you guys to see if it was all it is cracked up to be.:thmbup:

Soft banger GT was my putter of choice for my first couple of years playing. Still have four or five of 'em. Think I had short hole putter aces with three different ones. Nice disc. Dependable. :thmbup:

One of the guys that I play with used one for a while until he lost it. He liked it quite a bit, as he often blames missed putts on no longer having it. I personally like a soft putter, and it has the "thumb-track" that makes it comfortable n the hand. Probably a love it or hate it kind of disc. If you want to trydiffrent putter molds to find one you like I'd say it is a nice one to try.

Thanks

One of the guys that I play with used one for a while until he lost it. He liked it quite a bit, as he often blames missed putts on no longer having it. I personally like a soft putter, and it has the "thumb-track" that makes it comfortable n the hand. Probably a love it or hate it kind of disc. If you want to trydiffrent putter molds to find one you like I'd say it is a nice one to try.

That's what i've been hearing from a lot of others. When I first held it, the disc felt very comfortable in my hand. My intention is to use it for those short and middling putts that give me such a headache, and my Magnet for longer approaches.

I love Banger GTs. I typically carry a ProD, Soft X for putting and approach, and Ti Banger for driving and approaching. I've tried switching to "normal" putters and always end up back with the Banger, it just feels right because the grip is always consistent.

The best putting putter is the one which is comfy in the hand and releases consistently. If it fits that bill - go for it.

The best putting putter is the one which is comfy in the hand and releases consistently. If it fits that bill - go for it.

This is correct but it also needs to fly the way you want it to. I recommend using a Pro-D Banger instead of the Soft. The Pro-D is more durable in my experience and releases much more consistently. Perfect disc for spin-putting.

My putter of choice. From memory you've got: pro d, soft x, FR Z made for EMac, Z, esp, sparkle flx, Ti. If it clicks with you there's nothing but options. Not to mention all the limited runs of Buzzz GTs. Great discs.

Could be your putter of choice if it's comfy... sometimes people overstate the comfy-ness aspect of selecting a putter, but that's probably a good place to start.

I've heard this from top pros that you should use a softer putter farther away so that it hits chains and sticks. Also, on misses it's less likely to roll away/glide away. Stiffer putters work well close to the basket, because you always have that firm grip, which proves true more often closer to the basket.

Venture over the disc section of the forums, because that's where I pick-up a lot of those little nuggets about various molds/manufacturers. I throw Vibram discs, which are made of rubber/plastic hybrid, and I carry 3-4 putters depending on what the course is that I'm playing. Rubber discs work very well on more wooded courses, such as those that are commonly found in north-/central-Minnesota. :cheers:

I would like to try this disc, but not sure what weight to order ... been playing about a month, 3-5 times a week, mostly throwing about 150-165 gram mids and a couple putters around 150 range ... should I keep around 150 on this or go up to 160ish?

BTW, 60 years old and throw about 175-200 feet max ... thanks!!

Try a 150g and 165g. Light weight putters in general aren't very good in wind.

I would like to try this disc, but not sure what weight to order ... been playing about a month, 3-5 times a week, mostly throwing about 150-165 gram mids and a couple putters around 150 range ... should I keep around 150 on this or go up to 160ish?

BTW, 60 years old and throw about 175-200 feet max ... thanks!!

I would go max weight on putters.