• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Banger GT

GFlicks

Par Member
What are everyone's thoughts on the Banger GT as a main putter? Personally, I use them as my main putter and many people ask me why not an Aviar or something else. I love the lower profile that it gives and love the thumb track. Anyone else have these in their bag?

got lots of them(soft) in the bag. didn't discover till a year after putting with them that they are great throwers/upshot disc as well.

got lots of them(soft) in the bag. didn't discover till a year after putting with them that they are great throwers/upshot disc as well.

Prefer the soft over the classic? Can't seem to find any soft Bangers locally. Wasn't sure if they were worth it in the first place though.

They have such a great stability to them, definitely a little less overstable/a little more glide than a challenger but still overstable and not glidey when putting. Plus the groove top gives insane thumb grip if you're into it.

the x soft is my putter, approach, and driving putter. not only that, they're also fun to collect.

Been my main putter since their release, Soft Elite-X that is. The Groove Top is great for the extra grip and feel in the hand, along with the Soft Elite-X that likes to grab the chains. Use these for approaches too and they work very well because of their stability. Definitely a great putter!

I just got my hands on one today. The elite x soft banger gt is money for me. I'm Hittin 50 to 60 ft out now consistently. Improved my game alot. Still keepin the emac sig challenger in the bag though.

Been my main putter since their release, Soft Elite-X that is. The Groove Top is great for the extra grip and feel in the hand, along with the Soft Elite-X that likes to grab the chains. Use these for approaches too and they work very well because of their stability. Definitely a great putter!

Exactly what I would've said. I have three in the bag plus three backups now. (I've aced short holes with three of them, as well!) :thmbup:

It was my main putter, but every couple of rounds I would completely fail a putt because my thumb would get caught in the groove. I dropped them for soft challengers.

They are great Putters. I kind of wished I would have stuck with them as I could hit some awesome putts with them.

The thumb groove is what I liked best about them.

Sorry to horn in on the conversation, but I'm in the same boat as GFlicks. I've been experimenting with putters and am intrigued by the Banger GT. If anyone could tell me, why have you moved on from the Banger GT to something else?

Star, I know you putt with pures, so why the switch? Or was it just a random change and you happened to love the pures

I used to put with Bangers but as I grew as a putter I needed something with more glide that would just hold a rope. So I switched successfully to an anode and never looked back. I LOVED the thumb track though and kinda wish it was on a couple more discs. (Btw got a couple for sale here as well as a Buzzz GT and slipstream GT *wink wink nudge nudge* http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89648 )

I use the banger off the tee and for approach. I switched to beat aviars because I wanted something with more glide.

I use Pro GT bangers, but only the "eraser"/woody type. These are harder to come by because the newer runs are stiffer and slicker. I hoard them and now have around 10 that have these characteristics. I found that the more pastel the color the better. I use my banger from 150' out and closer. It's the bees knees.

Sorry to horn in on the conversation, but I'm in the same boat as GFlicks. I've been experimenting with putters and am intrigued by the Banger GT. If anyone could tell me, why have you moved on from the Banger GT to something else?

Started my DG adventure last year putting with Banger's. Worked well in the circle, but did not have the glide required (with my evolving putter form) to make it to the basket...

Also, when I started driving with putters this spring the bead, combined with the depth, caught too much on my smallish fingers. Tried the Judge for a similar stability, but had the same bead / depth release issues.

Switched to the Pure for purely physical reasons but have grown to love the glide and slight understability! :thmbup:

I love the banger gt! i get very straight lines out of it and it is stable enough to sit right down should i want to snipe at a long putt. ive been trying to find backups to my beloved esp bangers but have had no success locally. ive always considered the esp banger to be one of the best driving putters (that and the CE aviars). i auditioned a couple of really firm d bangers this weekend and wasnt displeased but they are just a quick fix. i do like to use the soft and the crystal flex inside the circle and on tricky terrain.
i loved the banger from the start but got distractedified with a bunch of new putters. now im back and wondering why i ever left.

I really gotta hand it to discraft for the elite x banger gt. I have expanded my putts alot I'm money from 80' in now. My buddy I played with today was impressed and also disappointed because I kicked his butt today. Lookin forward to the am tourney here at pieradise in Peru indiana. Gonna bag a win on my 21st birthday :)

Latest posts