• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Banshee Replacement?....

Banshees also roll better than all those discs JeCroisQue mentioned. Similarly, the EXP-X also rolls really well.

Roll better how? The Firebird is one of the best FH roller discs ever made. Not sure what you mean.

Sure if you are throwing wide open courses you are correct you don't really need but 4 discs. The banshee is needed for low ceiling midrange shots. The gator needs a lot of air under it to work.

Also for low ceiling midrange shots, if you have enough of them that are too long for a gator and too short for a firebird then totally bag one. How many of those shots do you have a round?

Edit: I have a disc that I carry because it fits the shot shape of 2 holes, so I understand what you mean. I could use something else, but that is my preferred line so I bag it.

Last edited:
RESPECTi from Prodiscus can do same things better than Banshee. If RESPECTi feels too unstable don't worry you can find RESPECTi which is perfect.

Roll better how? The Firebird is one of the best FH roller discs ever made. Not sure what you mean.

Also for low ceiling midrange shots, if you have enough of them that are too long for a gator and too short for a firebird then totally bag one. How many of those shots do you have a round?

Edit: I have a disc that I carry because it fits the shot shape of 2 holes, so I understand what you mean. I could use something else, but that is my preferred line so I bag it.
Depends on the course and how bad my tee shot is. My banshee is also a go to for a lot of scramble shots mostly anhyzer forehands that land flat.

Banshees also roll better than all those discs JeCroisQue mentioned. Similarly, the EXP-X also rolls really well.
I don't think people are appreciating the pivotal moment in DGCR history that has unfolded in this thread. I have replaced Banshees with the EXP-X. BroD has replaced Banshees with the EXP-X. That de facto means that we have agreed on something. :| That's not something you get every day.

Depends on the course and how bad my tee shot is. My banshee is also a go to for a lot of scramble shots mostly anhyzer forehands that land flat.

That's great. The Banshee is an awesome disc.

However, in the context of looking for a banshee replacement, which was the original question, I would just recommend trying to get along without one before trying to find a replacement. That is all.

Banshee is all around better than a Firebird for those of us that don't throw as far. My fairways go just over 300' and distance drivers do 330' for me. Firebird goes no further than a Banshee for me and has a larger rim, I always try to throw the slowest disc that gets the results I want.

And I'll take back my complaints about the EXP1, found some in weights I like in good colors. Looks like thats the route I'm taking.

Trident is OOP, I almost actually preferred it to the Banshee. The only XXX's I have thrown were way to OS to compare to a Banshee.

Obviously the Trident is OOP, but it is pretty easily find-able. They even did a run of Moonshine and Burst Tridents last year that were retail price, so I would expect them to be around for a while.

Obviously the Trident is OOP, but it is pretty easily find-able. They even did a run of Moonshine and Burst Tridents last year that were retail price, so I would expect them to be around for a while.

All well and good. . . depending on which version you get. One of them isn't anywhere near a Banshee replacement.

Do Banshees still have patent numbers on bottom? Trying to age my first Banshee.

No, good Banshees all have pat #'s. Pat #'s disappeared a longtime ago. Really good ones without the plus rim don't have flight numbers. From all the ones I've had or seen all pat #'s are flattish, and all of those with flight numbers were plus rimmed.

Do Banshees still have patent numbers on bottom? Trying to age my first Banshee.

Stock stamp? There was both CAL and CA tooling with pat#s though I'm fairly certain all of the CA ones were "fairway drivers" and the CAL were both the older "distance driver" and more recent "fairway driver" as well. Wouldn't doubt some pat#s snuck into flight numbers but I'm guessing any of those are old stock that was never stamped.

Then of course there's the KC Pro which is older as well...

Latest posts