• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baseball Players Tearing Through Disc Golf Course

discmeettree

Par Member
I played a round at Mtn. Crest today and this was the second time a crew (5 or 6) came through with aluminum bats and hard baseballs. They tee off from the pads and play the holes just as we would, but by throwing the balls in the air and hitting them. Then when they get to the basket (this is what I don't like) they put the ball in the divot at the bottom of the bat and throw the friggin' whole thing at the basket.

I think they should use the softer yellow practice balls instead of hard balls and quit throwing their bats at the basket. I would have mentioned this but the Dad and leader was roided out so hard he looked like he was ready to blow a blood vessel and have his eyes bug out of his head.

Do not go up and ask them politely to stop doing what they are doing it won't work. Do this instead.

Next time you see them walk up to them and say hey you guys are really good at this when is your next baseball game. Then go to their game and as they're in the middle of an at bat just get 5 to 6 people to walk out on the field and start throwing discs.

Scary. I don't think I would be so cool with these people doing it this way. Like you said though, if they started using softer balls, and stoped throwing bats at our frikin baskets, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. As you discribe it though, it sounds dangerous.

Do not go up and ask them politely to stop doing what they are doing it won't work. Do this instead.

Next time you see them walk up to them and say hey you guys are really good at this when is your next baseball game. Then go to their game and as they're in the middle of an at bat just get 5 to 6 people to walk out on the field and start throwing discs.

LOL.:clap:

Give them a bunch of old discs and ask them if they want to try and play the right way. Butter them up by telling them that baseball players are usualy good at disc golf.

Call the police.

Their number is 867-5309

Last edited:

:clap::D

I just don't see how this would be something people would want to do. I understand hitting the ball, but why throw bats?

And why not just go play, oh I don't know, ball golf?!?

Call the police.

Their number is 867-5309

Sometimes when I've had a few drinks and pass a payphone I like to dial that # to see who answers. It always goes the same:

"...Jenny?"

*sigh" "....not again"

"I love you and I'm sorry about your sister"

Then I hang up

To comment on the actual thread, if people were doing this on my home course there would be some very ugly confrontations. This sounds like Mad Max! I like being a muscular guy you can talk to those 'roided out dudes no probs.

Sometimes when I've had a few drinks and pass a payphone I like to dial that # to see who answers. It always goes the same:

"...Jenny?"

*sigh" "....not again"

"I love you and I'm sorry about your sister"

Then I hang up
How long until someone asks "What's a payphone?"

As for the OP issue, you need to inform these people that what they're doing is wrong and destructive to the course.

sounds like they were playing fungo golf. this game is usually played on a baseball field with "object/poll" holes. i've only seen baseball players take this out to a disc golf course once myself.

sadly more people play fungo golf than disc golf :(

Am I the only one who thinks our baskets are generally tough enough to deal with a couple bats tossed into them? It can't be that much more impact than a disc coming in for an ace or chuckers climbing on the baskets.

If the OP was too scared to deal with roided out coach, a call should be made to the park director.
If roid-head is threatening, call the police.

wait they throw a mlb style hard baseball up and hit it like they are hitting a line drive? That just sounds very dangerous and a lawsuit waiting to happen. Baseballs to the head are a guaranteed concussion.

Latest posts