• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Colors

I like the yellow band some maybe yellow. Orange looks good too I think

Haywood Community College has Forest Green bands. The problem is that the forest is green! They are nearly impossible to see in the winter when the leafs are off the trees, let alone the summer when everything is leafed-out.

They do look pretty sharp though.
DSCJNKY

I have only seen yellow and the regular grey baskets. I like the yellow cause you can see them well, but I would really like to see some red baskets at my course.

And... Sylmar has red, white and blue bands to commemorate the Veterans (it's in Veteran's Park). This helps with navigation as the holes are ordered 1 Red, 2 White, 3 Blue, 4 Red, 5 White...........18 Blue... and since the tee-signs match the colors of the bands, it makes navigation much simpler.
DSCJNKY

My home course has some sweet black kingpins. I'm not sure if it's the course, or the blue baskets, but my favorite baskets are at blueberry hill.

hhbasket.jpg

Here's a black basket from our elementary school course and a few others. Each of the 9 baskets is a different color. I like the white one best.

Attachments

• a3959bb1.jpg
    a3959bb1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 8fddf61c.jpg
    8fddf61c.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 35
  • f297b822.jpg
    f297b822.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 36
The best color is whatever one contrasts well with the background, well usually.

Yellow? Orange? How about both. These are the new baskets at Rosedale Down Under in KC. Very visible, but not exactly easy on the eyes.

fb41066d.jpg

These are what is going to be installed at Perry Lake. I love the color, but I wonder how visible they're going to be when the tree foliage comes in.

th_DSC04125.jpg

Lets go to worst colors first(this opinion is based on wooded courses, colors of baskets on open courses don't really matter);
green, navy, black, brown, unpainted(metal)

Best colors;
white, yellow, orange, red, royal blue

I have only encountered yellow, white and unpainted in my experiences. Why would you want a basket that blends in with the surroundings? Even on a course that you are very familiar with, basket colors which blend in to the background make for poor depth perseption, which I would imagine is key when you are, in fact, trying to put the disc in the basket. Basket color would never be a deciding factor whether I would play a course or play the course again. I do believe that a course with a distinct color theme or pattern is one thing that goes into making a course unique. Thats my $.02.

Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC has Light Blue/Baby Blue bands on the Discatcher Pros and they are visible and sweet.

That's "Carolina Blue", son. (You should know better. :D) They are quite fetching, and Richmond Hill is a fun track, even in the pouring down rain.

I like orange the best although white is a close second.