• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Recommendations

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am planning on ordering a new disc golf basket since I have a $150 gift card that my Dad got me for Christmas to choose my own basket. I was looking at the MVP basket that is around $140-$150. Is this one ideal? I just want a basket that I can bring around without too much hassle. I'll be doing putting practice with it mostly but I imagine I will drive at it when I'm able to go up north and have space to do that. Will this basket hold up or does anyone have another suggestion. I would like to keep it within the gift card limit but am willing to browse more expensive baskets.

I got one of the MVP ones about a month ago. Seems to be very well built for that price point. Only used it for putting practice so far but no complaints so far.

I got a Discraft Recruit Lite and like it. I really like the way they attached the inner ring of chains. Seems like a smart innovation.

MVP is a good basket(s) but it will eventually rust if left out and it's weak points are where the poles connect. An accidental knock over can cause a snap in connecting pieces. Trying to repair my MACRO now actually.

At that price point the DGA Mach Shift 3-in-1 might be a good basket as well.

MVP is a good basket(s) but it will eventually rust if left out and it's weak points are where the poles connect. An accidental knock over can cause a snap in connecting pieces. Trying to repair my MACRO now actually.

At that price point the DGA Mach Shift 3-in-1 might be a good basket as well.

I am in Minnesota. This basket would be left out in an unattached garage in the winter. Would that change your suggestion at all?

I have the Axiom Lite basket that I use for mostly putting practice. It does a solid job at catching the discs given the price point and is fairly portable. I think it's a good buy for the money.

I have the Axiom Lite basket that I use for mostly putting practice. It does a solid job at catching the discs given the price point and is fairly portable. I think it's a good buy for the money.

I have basically the same one (streamline light) and agree completely. Fantastic for the money. Mines sat outside since early April. No rust, but the bright green paint job has faded a bit. Catches everything it should. Love it!

Spend a little extra and get a discatcher sport. The new ones come with inner chains. I have 6 the oldest being about 10 years old. They stay outside all year in New York. We get a bit of everything as far as weather. Minimal rust and still catches fine on my oldest basket. They hold up real well.

I have one of the Discraft baskets (Chainstar lite maybe?) and pretty sure it's probably made by the same place in China that makes the MVP baskets. Definitely a good value for the price (think mine was roughly $150) and catches well enough.

I used to store it inside when I wasn't using it but realized I wasn't using it as much as I should so have started just leaving it set up in the back yard all of the time. So far it still looks pretty much new. If the elements destroy it over time I bet it will take many years before I feel any need to replace it. By that time I will have gotten my money's worth out of it and will just spring for a new one. I mean if it lasts me ten years that averages out to a whopping $15 a year which is less than the cost of one decent disc.

My putting has improved greatly since I started leaving the basket set up full time because I'm more inclined to actually use it.

Chainstar lite is a solid basket. I have two and really like them. However I don't leave them outside much. The biggest downside so far is that the paint/powder-coat seems to rub off when putting.....not real bad, just enough to notice.

I have one of the Discraft baskets (Chainstar lite maybe?) and pretty sure it's probably made by the same place in China that makes the MVP baskets. Definitely a good value for the price (think mine was roughly $150) and catches well enough.

I used to store it inside when I wasn't using it but realized I wasn't using it as much as I should so have started just leaving it set up in the back yard all of the time. So far it still looks pretty much new. If the elements destroy it over time I bet it will take many years before I feel any need to replace it. By that time I will have gotten my money's worth out of it and will just spring for a new one. I mean if it lasts me ten years that averages out to a whopping $15 a year which is less than the cost of one decent disc.

My putting has improved greatly since I started leaving the basket set up full time because I'm more inclined to actually use it.

I have one of the Innova portable baskets and I rapidly realized that the this was the big downside.

I'm glad I managed to snag a Lightning DB5 before the big influx of players. A galvanized basket for $200 is a great price point.

I have one of the older Innova Discatcher Sport baskets and it has been excellent. I did wind up adding nine inner chains but it caught very well before I did.

Latest posts