• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Beadless mid?

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Looking for a beadless midrange that falls in between my star mako3 and glow md3. Thinking something in the DD / trilogy lineup, Innova or discmania. Maybe truth? emac truth? Champ mako3?
Thanks!

^^nailed it^^
Pre mac truth if you have to have trilogy one o the less stable MD if you have to have DM i feel like thats a shark for Innova but that seems to be carried instead of a mako anything thay 5/5/-1/1 is basically what youre looking for

Last edited:
Looking for a beadless midrange that falls in between my star mako3 and glow md3. Thinking something in the DD / trilogy lineup, Innova or discmania. Maybe truth? emac truth? Champ mako3?
Thanks!

Your post did get me thinking, so for a less flippant reply:

That must be a pretty beefy glowMD3 if you feel like there's a gulf of stability between these two. To try to shimmy another mold in that space seems unwise; I would maybe check out a fresh max weight champ mako3 as you suggested, or a lower level plastic MD3 if that exists.

Your post did get me thinking, so for a less flippant reply:

That must be a pretty beefy glowMD3 if you feel like there's a gulf of stability between these two. To try to shimmy another mold in that space seems unwise; I would maybe check out a fresh max weight champ mako3 as you suggested, or a lower level plastic MD3 if that exists.

I wouldn't go as far as saying a gulf between the two. More like a loch. The Mako3 is beat. Thrown on an anhyzer it will barely get to flat. Thrown on a hyzer it'll flip up and go right. Rhbh. The glow md3 is pretty newish. I've tried to put a lighter c-line md3, I'd love a star md3 or something of the sort. But the c-line still not quite there. I might try a champ Mako3.
I like the idea of not trying to squeeze another mold in.

Truth and if you are willing to branch out the Yao is very good.

My vote is for QMS because Millennium is the tits.

Truth is a good choice as well, I used to trow them a lot. Then I got a stack of Rocs and it was over..
Anyway, Pre-mac Truths are straight fliers, almost on the flippy side.. I prefer the Emac. Straight to fade, then seasons into the sweet spot.

My vote is for QMS because Millennium is the tits.

Truth is a good choice as well, I used to trow them a lot. Then I got a stack of Rocs and it was over..
Anyway, Pre-mac Truths are straight fliers, almost on the flippy side.. I prefer the Emac. Straight to fade, then seasons into the sweet spot.

QMS? I can't find anything about that one. All. Finding is the Aurora.

Thanks!

I never found my Champ Mako3s to be noticeably more stable than my Star Mako3s, especially when both are fresh. My Star Mako3s are board FAF flat (if that is something you want), and the Champ Mako3s are not quite board flat bit still flat. If I put a straight-to-understable mid in my bag, it will likely be the Champion Mako3. I just like the feel and consistency of it.

I'm not very experienced with Trilogy mids, but a (regular) Truth seems to fit what you're looking for.

The suggestion of a Buzzz was probably the best suggestion. I have Ti Buzzzes and glow Z Buzzzes, but all are good.

QMS? I can't find anything about that one. All. Finding is the Aurora.

Same thing. Q is for Quantum, the plastic. The Aurora's full name is the Aurora MS. So, QMS.

I have no relevant information to the actual topic. I like beads.

I haven't thrown a glow MD3 so I really don't know how much stability yours has to have a gap between a Mako3 and it. But if I was going to complement a Mako3 that turns over slightly, as you described, with a Trilogy mid it would either be EMac Truth or Compass. Emac Truth is more power hungry than the Mako3, but faster and much more HSS with some LSS. Will go farther if you can throw hard I think, but will be more trusty in wind and holding moderate hyzer angles for smooth lines. Compass is more like a ranging mid, thrown like a Roc where it needs height and is a bit more pinpoint, but feels good and is beadless. It is going to be shorter than the Truth for sure. How those slot in below the MD3 I don't know though.

Latest posts