• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] beast vs. valkyrie

Crush? ive always compared that to a wraith, but how is a wildcat? i was going to check one out but have to many discraft drivers

oo expcet to get "yelled at" for telling him to use sometihng other than a beast and a valk, i did fo suggusting a flash =O

For someone with slower armspeed it would be close to a valk, but it's more overstable than a valk barely. Very controllable, it's more overstable than a valk, but not near as stable as a teebird.

Don't really care if I get yelled at. If he wanted one or the other he coulda made it a poll and I wouldn't have even posted :)

I've thrown a new 164 champ beast that I found way more overstable than my valk and also more overstable than my 174 riptide.

Hmmm.
The Riptide has always thrown very stable for me. It's a bit slow, but very stable, non-the-less.

Try a Rogue. Its a bit flippy, but you have to have some arm speed. When thrown just right, its distance rivals any max driver available.

For someone with slower armspeed it would be close to a valk, but it's more overstable than a valk barely. Very controllable, it's more overstable than a valk, but not near as stable as a teebird.

Don't really care if I get yelled at. If he wanted one or the other he coulda made it a poll and I wouldn't have even posted :)

ugh glad i didnet get a wildcat haha, valk is possibly the worst disc ever invtented

throw that beast with a sexy hyzer on it and it'll turn over 1/2 way thru flight and then fade at the end for loooong distance. i can now birdie holes i couldnt reach before [400+'], cuz of ym beasty

yeah there is not much of a difference between a beast and a valk. I think that something to try is to just keep throwing the valk until you begin to turn it over, then move up to a beast or something higher. Or try something fast in a light weight and you will learn how to snap that to get it to go straight and then you can move up in weights or speeds after that.

If you're only getting the Valk out 300, I don't think you'll be able to do too much with the beast.

Like someone said earlier, a lightweight Orc could be nice for you, or a Champ Viking, which would be a little bit more stable than your Valk.

beat in that valk as a roller and get more snap, the beast will fly farther and straighter.

I throw both, and use the Valk as one of my main drivers. I have had a few Champ Beasts in my day and the flight for me for some reason is unpredictable. One day it may fade a little to the left or may turn over right into the ground. If thrown on a Flex shot line, I get a little more distnace then the Valk, but based in the unpredicatablity of it, I would stick with my Valk.

I throw both, and use the Valk as one of my main drivers. I have had a few Champ Beasts in my day and the flight for me for some reason is unpredictable. One day it may fade a little to the left or may turn over right into the ground. If thrown on a Flex shot line, I get a little more distnace then the Valk, but based in the unpredicatablity of it, I would stick with my Valk.

I'm taking the beast out of my bag for this reason.

That's funny. I've had the exact opposite experience. My beasts have always been very consistent and the valks have let me down.

Flex shot.. with a beast?? Beast should be an instant roller if thrown with an anhyzer release.

I throw a 169 star valkyrie as my main distance driver and am thinking of getting something a little faster. For reference I average 300 with the valk. The innova web page shows the beast to be a little faster with a little more glide. I've thrown a new 164 champ beast that I found way more overstable than my valk and also more overstable than my 174 riptide. I'm hoping that was just an odd disc. I'm might get a 165ish star beast but don't want a pig. Any thoughts?

The beast is definitely a faster/more stable disc than the valk. I also have a problem with it in that it is harder for me to keep its nose down.

I prefer my broken in star orc to my nearly new champ beast of similar weight. I'm hoping it gets better with age.