• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

Best Ace Witnessed (Yourself or Others)

• Total voters
I have Personal witnessed 2 aces. I have never hit one. My buddy hit one a White Birch Park in St Louis hole 3 it was a sick skip ace 211ft. The other one i saw was a BG Ams last year hole 11 at Lover's Lane Park it was beautiful 245ft according to the sign

On the old Texas State layout I had a thumber bounce right in front of a basket and be pushed in by the wind. A group of beginners were on the next tee box and they were speechless. My favorite ace.

This thread made me think back to try and remember all the aces I've witnessed. I've been playing (a LOT) for only 30 months, but have seen nine other than my own. I've seen others ace at six different courses (ten counting mine). Playing on courses with holes 'numbered' from 1 to 24 and A-I, I've seen (or thrown) aces hit on holes 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,11,12 & 15.

It also made me think of another 'best' ace contender (or I'd like to think so, anyway!): as I was leaving one of many rounds at my home course, I waved and smiled at a younger couple just getting to the first teepad. He let her throw first, then drilled an ace on his first throw. Even though they were strangers to me, I remember thinking, "Now THAT's one way to impress your lady!" :clap:

HOLE 21 Blackjack

its a private course up in Boone called blackjack or sugar grove. Its on one of martys videos but its hole 21. I saw the owner of the course crush a first run star cro and that hole is probably 425 or 450 with a good drop off but I was standing behind him. I have never seen a disc from start to finish go that straight and it never left the chains the whole way. One of the most epic aces I have ever seen. I myself have aced hole 14 at lakes edge in Reidsville NC. I hate that hole and its an impossible angle but I did ace it which I have never heard of anyone else doing so props to me :)

290-300-ish skip ace with a champ destroyer. The skip was like 35 plus feet....so sick.

I believe I've only seen two aces in person. The more impressive one was by a local New Orleans player named Will (don't know his last name): great player and a helluva arm. It was on hole 15 at City Park, from the pro tees, which sit back and to the left of the am tee in the linked picture, underneath some trees. To make a run at the basket you have to throw a huge hyzer under some branches and up around the oak that guards the basket.

Anyway, I was walking down 16's fairway when Will threw the shot. I remember thinking, "That's a good looking shot," as it started to fade around the tree. Then, boom. It was a sweet ace.

Because I didn't read the OP I posted incorrectly. The thread title said "BEST ace witnessed" and I have seen an ace that skipped in the opposite direction, off the tree root, and up & in (sounds like the old Jordan/Bird McDonald's commercial... 'nothing but net')... that was the BEST ace I've seen. It was, though, in the 175' range. So I voted 175'.

I have personally seen aces between 350-425.

These are great stories. No matter how many aces you have, the feelings amazing every time. I enjoy watching others ace almost as much as my own, almost... Haha

The video murdermike posted was the video I was talking about. I was recording too and if you watch the video the disc was in the air for ever. You can hear the disc Smash the basket hard even from 425' out!

I played in a series last summer called the "Space Race" on the small course at Horning's Hideout. It was a series of eight events, playing two rounds per event. The trick was that you got to throw three drives from each teepad with your own discs.

Beginning the last round there were three of us tied for 5th, Mat. Dallas & me.

The tee at hole 11 was backed up, and by the time Mat (BOB) got to the tee there were two groups stacked behind us. On Mat's first throw, everyone stopped talking and he tossed it into the trees. So he says "Hey, don't stop talking, it makes me nervous." Well, OK, the conversations begin again and don't stop. He throws an ace. While everyone's talking about that, he throws another. Whoa, two in a row (which wins a double-ace pot, btw).

The way we play, whoever got the most points on the previous hole, gets the honors on the tee. Mat steps up to #12, and throws an ace on his first shot. Three throws, three aces.

Mat finished second, Dallas third, and I got fourth. Don't know what happened to the three people we passed. Hope they did well. ;)

Maybe one day and I honestly don't mind if it were mine or a buddies. Just want to see one.

Ugh I've seen so many since I got mine. My only ace (Memorial Day 2011) was the first one I ever saw, and I've seen at least 10 since then.

I'm always happy for people when I see them get one, but I'm so overdue it's not fair.

Maybe one day and I honestly don't mind if it were mine or a buddies. Just want to see one.

They're really cool to see, and you will. And when you do you won't be expecting it until you say to yourself

Is it? I think it's? Get it, get in, YEAH!!!! #*%+ Yeah!!! &#*+ yes finally!

I played in a series last summer called the "Space Race" on the small course at Horning's Hideout. It was a series of eight events, playing two rounds per event. The trick was that you got to throw three drives from each teepad with your own discs.

The tee at hole 11 was backed up, and by the time Mat (BOB) got to the tee there were two groups stacked behind us. On Mat's first throw, everyone stopped talking and he tossed it into the trees. So he says "Hey, don't stop talking, it makes me nervous." Well, OK, the conversations begin again and don't stop. He throws an ace. While everyone's talking about that, he throws another. Whoa, two in a row (which wins a double-ace pot, btw).

The way we play, whoever got the most points on the previous hole, gets the honors on the tee. Mat steps up to #12, and throws an ace on his first shot. Three throws, three aces.

Mat finished second, Dallas third, and I got fourth. Don't know what happened to the three people we passed. Hope they did well. ;)
That's insane, and may be the only time that's ever happened
and ever will happen. Imagine being that dude, someone may say one time I got this ace blah blah blah and he's like, oh really... This one time... ;)

No offense to Hornings Hideout, but I have a funny related story.

When I used to use DiscGolfScene, there was a guy who played Hornings regularly. He would post at least one ace a week, often multiples in each round.

I'm not discrediting him or the course, I would do the same if I played there, it's just crazy how many aces that course must bring in.

^^^ That could actually be Mat. He used to live very close to Horning's, and helped them out with course maintenance and works on some of their cars. He's very proud of his aces ...

Do note though, that Horning's has three courses, Highlands is the shorty (and a great course to practice your upshots). Canyon is more challenging, and Meadow is a gold-level monster.

Latest posts