• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Best and Worst names for discs

From what I've read, the Roach may be Discraft's best putter and would fit my putting style very well. But because of its disgusting name, I refuse to buy or use it.

large.jpg

Innova should make the "Bat". Especially on wooded course those things eat so many of those annoying mosquitoes.

Kaxe means stuck up person so I dont like that haha.

Gator is a cool name.

I have noted that some of the "best" names also happen to be some of the best sellers. Buzzz, thunderbird, teebird, firebird destroyer, etc. Makes me wonder of companies know they have a winner disc on their hand and give it a great name or is it the great name that actually sells the disc. I wonder what would happen if the groove and the destroyer switched names?

I have noted that some of the "best" names also happen to be some of the best sellers. Buzzz, thunderbird, teebird, firebird destroyer, etc. Makes me wonder of companies know they have a winner disc on their hand and give it a great name or is it the great name that actually sells the disc. I wonder what would happen if the groove and the destroyer switched names?

Not sure since some discs like the Pole Cat have an odd name yet sell very well and the Birdie with the cool name related to the Golf/Disc Golf Scoring does not sell as well. The Wolf has a cool logo and cool name but due to its bad flight dose not sell well, mostly due to its odd flight path in the air. Roach is popular and not just due to Paul using now it was before that and it has a really bad name. Impact had a cool name but not enough people using it that disc that Discraft had to make the Glide for as close a replacement disc you can get that does not have the hatch marks that lots of players did not like. I could go on with more molds that had odd names that people like and discs with good names that people did not like. So it is a 50/50 on that.

From what I've read, the Roach may be Discraft's best putter and would fit my putting style very well. But because of its disgusting name, I refuse to buy or use it.

Yeah just get a Jawbreaker and or X and just wipe the Roach name from the top of disc, those are the two plastics that do not have the picture on stamp. Yeah you will have a Roach but no name on top of the disc.

Yeah just get a Jawbreaker and or X and just wipe the Roach name from the top of disc, those are the two plastics that do not have the picture on stamp. Yeah you will have a Roach but no name on top of the disc.

But that is not the point. The point is to refuse to spend money on a disc with that name.

If a disc was named the Turd and I was unstoppable putting with it. I'll own 6 turds please haha

What? No 420 hate? DGCR you need to step your game up...

Personally, I think the Aerobee #2 was the worst. Nothing like naming a disc after a bowel movement.

One of my favorite discs has a rather lackluster name. The TL.

Maybe because the TeeBird is such an iconic name, it seems lazy to me to just use initials for such a great disc.

One of my favorite discs has a rather lackluster name. The TL.

Maybe because the TeeBird is such an iconic name, it seems lazy to me to just use initials for such a great disc.

I know it was lazy but I think that Innova had meant that as the prototype name but became the actual name.

Latest posts